21Night Stay Itinerary

Cornish Lad

Mouseketeer
21 Night (22 Day) Stay Itinerary

We have been asked about the number of park days and other plans for our upcoming 3 week stay at PORFQ. So far all of our ADRs are done and so are the FP+s except for the last few days as we are in our 60 day + a day at a time period. We have booked both the Rivers of Light and Fantasmic Dining packages as well as the Fireworks and Star Wars Dessert Parties. we are waiting to see if the Frozen Dessert Party is going to be happening during our stay but currently there are no dates shown after the end of August. Just in case this does not happen we have booked FP+s for Illuminations and the Frozen ride.

We have booked most things for early in the day which will then give us the flexibility to get other FP+s on the same day, to park hop or to do something completely different.

We will not be hiring a car but staying solely on property and using WDW transport.

We are flying in from the UK with Virgin which means that on our last day we can check in our bags in DS and spend the day relaxing there before the Virgin transport takes us to the airport late in the afternoon. We have booked with Disney Express on arrival so as to get into the magic as fast as we can!

Day 1 Arrive Late afternoon Check-in - Supper at Hotel

Day 2 MK Pirates, Splash Mountain, Crystal Palace Lunch, Big Thunder Mountain, Fireworks Dessert Party

Day 3 Chill Day AM - Hotel Pool, PM - DS

Day 4 EPCOT Spaceship Earth, Imagination, Garden Grill Lunch, Soarin', (Frozen Dessert Party)

Day 5 MK Small World, Peter Pan, Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch, Little Mermaid

Day 6 Chill Day AM - Hotel Pool, PM - Board Walk, Evening - EPCOT for Illuminations

Day 7 HS Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Mama Melrose's Lunch, Slinky Dog Dash, Fantasmic

Day 8 AK Flight of Passage, Safari, Tusker House Lunch, Kali River, Rivers of Light

Day 9 MK Early Start - Train Tour, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic
Be Our Guest Supper

Day 10 Chill Day AM - Hotel Pool, PM - DS

Day 11 Epcot Test Track, Living with the Land, Nemo, Coral Reef Lunch

Day 12 Chill Day Explore Hotel Complex

Day 13 AK Boma Breakfast, Na'vi River, Festival of the Lion King, Dinosaur

Day 14 Chill Day AM - Hotel Pool, PM - DS

Day 15 HS LittleMermaid, Muppets, Sci Fi Diner Lunch, Beauty and the Beast
Star Wars Dessert Party

Day 16 MK Kona Café Breakfast, Winnie the Pooh, 7 Dwarves Mine, Peter Pan

Day 17 Chill Day Day time - Hotel Pool etc. Evening - California Grill

Day 18 EPCOT Cape May Breakfast, Frozen

Day 19 AK AM - Hotel Pool PM - AK, Everest, Na'vi River

Day 20 Chill Day AM - Hotel Pool etc, Evening - Board Walk

Day 21 MK Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Small World

Day 22 Last Day DS (Virgin Morning Check-in)

Nice!

Our longest was a 17 day, with a 14 day coming up in two weeks. People always ask me what the heck we can do for that long at WDW, and I always say it's the only way we can do it! I love it. It never feels rushed, we do a number of "chill days" as well, and we actually get to say no to long lines as we know we have plenty of time. The problem is, once you do a two week plus trip, you NEVER want to do a shorter one!

Nice!

Our longest was a 17 day, with a 14 day coming up in two weeks. People always ask me what the heck we can do for that long at WDW, and I always say it's the only way we can do it! I love it. It never feels rushed, we do a number of "chill days" as well, and we actually get to say no to long lines as we know we have plenty of time. The problem is, once you do a two week plus trip, you NEVER want to do a shorter one!
Already planning our next trip in 2021 - not decided on resort yet - toying with the idea of AKL but will see how we like POFQ before making the upgrade to a deluxe - this will also be a three week stay - have always had 2 week stays in the past but always found them a bit rushed. With so much new stuff coming online over the next two years we feel that even 3 weeks might still feel rushed as well!

We're going in Sept for 21 days from UK and staying at POFQ well. We've only planned some of the days as we want a more relaxed trip this time. We'll probably have several lie ins and won't bother with rope drop. Only when we have breakfast reservations would we have to get up early enough, but we haven't booked anything too early on those days either.

But it looks nice that you've included several chill days, with perhaps some plans for the afternoons/evenings.

We're going in Sept for 21 days from UK and staying at POFQ well. We've only planned some of the days as we want a more relaxed trip this time. We'll probably have several lie ins and won't bother with rope drop. Only when we have breakfast reservations would we have to get up early enough, but we haven't booked anything too early on those days either.

But it looks nice that you've included several chill days, with perhaps some plans for the afternoons/evenings.
We like going to DS late afternoon and evenings - lots to see and lots of places to eat etc. We are not rope droppers neither - tend to arrive at the parks sometime after 9:00am with earliest FP+ sometime between 9:30 and 10:00 depending on what was available when I booked them. We have one very early start when we do the Train Tour which requires us to be at MK by 7:30am. Staying for three weeks has enabled us to get fast passes for all the rides/attractions that we want to do without having to rush around and try to cram too much into one day. Obviously once we have used our three for the day we will see what else is available and then maybe cancel some future ones if we get to do them earlier.

Hope to bump into you there - only a few more weeks to go! :smickey:

As much as I love Disney I could never stay 21 days. But this itinerary looks fabulous!!

We like doing DS in afternoons and evenings too. We're flying direct for the first time, so we're landing just after 4pm and we're thinking of hitting DS on arrival day. It's the same with us, we were able to get all the fast passes we wanted as well, but time will tell if we'll use them. I got some good ones in AK on the same day we're doing MNSSHP, but I think I might cancel those and just have a chill day at the resort before perhaps hitting MK around the time the party starts or a couple of hours early.

As much as I love Disney I could never stay 21 days. But this itinerary looks fabulous!!

I couldn't do 21 days of Disney only. We're doing Universal, shopping, the beach and just some chill days as well. In the UK they sell different tickets though, so you have the option of bying a 7 day pass, 14 day for the price of 7, or 21 day pass (they're all park hoppers and include waterparks + memory maker). I could probably get away with bying the 14 day pass as there's no way I'll be going to the parks every day, but I like the freedom of being able to go to the parks any day I'd like and not have to schedule all park days within a 14 day window. It'll also allow us to just hit a park for the evening just to catch the fireworks or a show or something. With the 21 day ticket I think we only pay something like $25 a day, which to me is a good deal for a more relaxed holiday.

We like doing DS in afternoons and evenings too. We're flying direct for the first time, so we're landing just after 4pm and we're thinking of hitting DS on arrival day. It's the same with us, we were able to get all the fast passes we wanted as well, but time will tell if we'll use them. I got some good ones in AK on the same day we're doing MNSSHP, but I think I might cancel those and just have a chill day at the resort before perhaps hitting MK around the time the party starts or a couple of hours early.

I couldn't do 21 days of Disney only. We're doing Universal, shopping, the beach and just some chill days as well. In the UK they sell different tickets though, so you have the option of bying a 7 day pass, 14 day for the price of 7, or 21 day pass (they're all park hoppers and include waterparks + memory maker). I could probably get away with bying the 14 day pass as there's no way I'll be going to the parks every day, but I like the freedom of being able to go to the parks any day I'd like and not have to schedule all park days within a 14 day window. It'll also allow us to just hit a park for the evening just to catch the fireworks or a show or something. With the 21 day ticket I think we only pay something like $25 a day, which to me is a good deal for a more relaxed holiday.
We seem to be very lucky here in the UK - we use Virgin but most of the companies have the same or similar packages. We fly out on the 11th. We last went in 2016 and were too late to get any of the free dining so bought the Basic Plan and stayed at ASM. As Maggie is a vegetarian we ended up in a TS restaurant most days as the veggie choices at the QS places were very limited. Consequently we spent a lot on meals and did not fully utilise the plan that we had purchased. This time we booked early into a moderate resort and got all the deals - free dining, $200 spending, photo pass & memory maker etc. We upgraded the dining plan to the QS & TS plan and upgraded the flight to Premium Economy and we got the 21 day ticket and the total cost ended up being very similar to what we actually spent on the previous trip flying economy, staying in a value resort and with only a 14 day ticket.

Last time we took a couple of days out to go to Universal but eventually considered it a waste of money as we missed so many of the rides and attractions that were there back in the 90s like Jaws, Earthquake, Back to the Future, the original King Kong etc. so this time we are simply staying on Disney property, taking it easy going around the parks and chilling in the pools at the resort, and strolling around Boardwalk and DS.

We've been fine using the QSDP in the past. This time though I was going back and forth wether to upgrade or not. I even made 21 TS reservations because I decided to upgrade (even the hard to get ones like CRT and BOG) after the 180 day reservation mark had passed, only to cancel them when I decided not to upgrade anyway. Then I changed my mind again and made 21 new reservations, including BOG and CRT, and I've actually paid for the upgrade now, so I won't change my mind again. We figured that because we want this trip to be very relaxed, where we're not rushing to get anywhere early or to do a lot in one day, then we might as well check out a few restaurants as well. I know some people might say we're wasting some credits as we've booked a lot of breakfasts, but I'm a picky eater so I don't care. I'd rather use my credits on breakfasts on places where I don't like anything on their lunch or dinner menu so I can experience the place anyway. Say places like CRT, BOG or Boma is places I would miss out on because of the menu, but I'd love to go there anyway.

We've been fine using the QSDP in the past. This time though I was going back and forth wether to upgrade or not. I even made 21 TS reservations because I decided to upgrade (even the hard to get ones like CRT and BOG) after the 180 day reservation mark had passed, only to cancel them when I decided not to upgrade anyway. Then I changed my mind again and made 21 new reservations, including BOG and CRT, and I've actually paid for the upgrade now, so I won't change my mind again. We figured that because we want this trip to be very relaxed, where we're not rushing to get anywhere early or to do a lot in one day, then we might as well check out a few restaurants as well. I know some people might say we're wasting some credits as we've booked a lot of breakfasts, but I'm a picky eater so I don't care. I'd rather use my credits on breakfasts on places where I don't like anything on their lunch or dinner menu so I can experience the place anyway. Say places like CRT, BOG or Boma is places I would miss out on because of the menu, but I'd love to go there anyway.
Likewise, as you can see from our itinerary, we have booked the major themed restaurants but have left quite a few empty spaces so that we can choose as we go - especially in DS as there are so many places to try there. Have also booked a few breakfasts based on reviews here and the desire to check out alternative resorts for our 2021 visit. Did I just say that I am already planning for 2021 before we've even gone on our 2018 trip! Suppose that's the way the Disney bug gets you :).

We go on average every 2 years, so I don't blame you for planning another trip already. I can't plan future trips at the moment though as DH's office is going to shut down next year, so we don't know how we'll be financially in case he can't find another job straight away. I'm hoping to go for New Years one time though, like that we fly out on Dec 29th and catch the MK fireworks on the 30th and the Epcot on the 31st and then hopefully enjoy lower crowds in January as people go home after celebrating Christmas there. I have no idea if or when that will happen though. As for trying out different resorts, that's something we're not so good at as we like POFQ so much we just keep returning back.

I love doing the planning and feel a bit at a loose end now that this trip is done and dusted although I am still checking on a daily basis to see if the Frozen dessert party at EPCOT has been released for September - the only planned event not yet booked. We were looking at a two year period again after this one but with so much new stuff coming on line through 2019/2020 we thought it would be better to wait that extra year and go celebrate the 50th in 2021 (was there with my late first wife for the 25th). I actually booked this trip 430 days out so will book for 2021 as soon as Virgin release the dates. I've seen here that most people who have stayed at POFQ keep going back to it - this is our first visit to it so we might end up feeling the same way. The smaller size certainly appeals to us as does the location close to DS. Hope that things work out well for you regarding future employment etc. Went to Orlando for Christmas back in the 1995 and stayed at what was then the Sheraton down by Sea World. Christmas day we drove down to Naples and saw the New Year in at the Naples Beach & Golf Course Hotel. We have recently toyed with the idea of a Christmas visit sometime but eventually decided to stick with the warmer weather and pool days in September.

I keep wanting to plan as well, it just isn't much left to do other than make sure we have everything we need for the trip. Just did our ESTAs today, so don't have to worry about that anymore. We're waiting for the Frozen dessert party as well. We've already booked the Happy Ever After dessert party as we've never seen it and I've read that the hub gets really packed on normal park nights as the fireworks aren't on every night because of the Halloween parties in september. We did go for Christmas for our honeymoon in 2014, but we went in mid November and stayed 21 nights into the first week of December as it would be lower crowds. I'm glad we did go then as we got to see the Osborne Chrismtmas light show in DHS before it went. I was very disappointed that Frozen had taken over the show where they light up the castle in MK every night though. I just think it's wrong that Cinderella wasn't involved at all as it's her castle after all.

We are doing the HE party with garden view on the 12th as we always kick off our holiday with the first day at MK. Interestingly, as we do not bother with hiring a car, I booked our transfer from the airport to the resort with the Disney Express - we always go back with Virgin as we use the DS check-in on our last day. When I informed Virgin of the change they credited me with £46 as I was not using their transport to get to the resort. Never got the opportunity to see the Osborne Light Show but did see the Candle Light procession when it was held in MK back in the 90s - agree with you about Cinderella!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!