21 year old couple needs advice!

magaroni

Fresh Meat
Hello. I'm new to this MB and I heard it's one of the best. I was looking for some general advice.

My boyfriend and I will be going to Disney in August and we'll both be 21. We're staying at Coronado Springs, we have all reservations and tickets set. We're just having trouble figuring out places to go to eat and what rides would be the best for us. We really like the fast and fun kind of rides. Also, which parks do you think would be good to try to pull off 2 in one day with?

And as for resturants, maybe places with as little a children population as I can get (although I do understand that it's impossible to avoid children at Disney). Some nights we want to try some perhaps cheaper places, but we're willing to spend the money if the place is really good.

If you have any other advice for a young couple's first time to Disney with each other that would be great! Thanks so much!
:banana:

hey there & welcome to the dis!

for dining nothing beats the epcot world showcase restuarants & counter stands. our favorites are san angel cantina mexico fajitas & margharitas -cs, lotus blossom china - cs, biergarten in germany brats & beer -r, le origanle alfredos -r italy homemade fetticine alfredo strolling musicians -r, boulangerie pastry shop - cs & bistro de paris -r in france, tempura -cs in japan, marrakesh -r in morocco skewers bellydancer, le cellier -r canada filet mignon canadian cheddar soup. epcot seems to have less kids than say mk & the nightime illuminations is the best firework/music/laser show. as for fast thrill rides epcot also has testtrack & mission to mars, mgm has tower of terror & rocknroller coaster & although mk is family geared there is the mountains (splash, big thunder & space) & its fun to be a kid there, dinner in cinderella castle at the royal table is also romantic during the evening fireworks. another suggestion is the nightlife at downtown disney marketplace shops, westside & pleasure island clubs and the boardwalk resort. you should also check out the wdw behind the scene tours, golf courses & spas.

magaroni said:
My boyfriend and I will be going to Disney in August and we'll both be 21. We're staying at Coronado Springs, we have all reservations and tickets set. We're just having trouble figuring out places to go to eat and what rides would be the best for us. We really like the fast and fun kind of rides. Also, which parks do you think would be good to try to pull off 2 in one day with?

If you have any other advice for a young couple's first time to Disney with each other that would be great! Thanks so much!
:banana:
If I limit it to rides, off the top of my head, there a few rides of the type that you are talking. At the Animal Kingdom, the raft ride (Kali River Rapids) is good and so is the dinosaur ride. I'm not a fan of Epcot that others on this board are; it is a park that I tend to skip if I'm to skip a park. There are a couple must rides at Epcot. Soaring is very good, so is Mission to Mars, and Race Track. At MGM studio, there is the Tower of Terror, Star Wars, Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Roll coaster. At Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain comes to mind first. There a a couple others that are good such as Big Thunder Railroad and Buzz Lightyear.

I wouldn't liimit the trip to just rides. The first time I went, that is what I went looking for but I ended up liking the parades and shows much better. Some of the shows to see are Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones at MGM, The Festival of the Lion King and Its Tough to be a Bug at the Animal Kingdom, and at the Magic Kingdom, the parades and the Cinderalla shows in front of the castle. You might also want to watch the fireworks shows especially Wishes (MK) and Illuminations (Epcot).

There are several others items that don't fit these two categories that are good. As an example, Fantasmic at MGM Studio and Philamagic at MK.

Have fun!

Take your boyfriend to eat at O'hana. It is expensive but worth the splurge. It is a lot of meat which guys usually love.

Also take him to the ESPN club on the boardwalk if he is a sports fan. Miniature golf at Winter Summerland and the other place (can't think of the name) might be fun.

My boyfriend (now husband) came to see me while I was on the college program and these are all things we did and enjoyed. He is not a disney person.

you are staying at a place with one of the most expensive food courts there is.

it is a nice hotel. It doesn't attract alot of kids. because of the expensive food court and it is a convention hotel. Although it has a really great pool!!!!

Now I would eat at the
for restuarant
Kona Cafe (Polyn - MK resort)
Cape May Cafe - character breakfast - (BC - Epcot resort)

for counter service
Land food court (epcot)
Columbia Harbour House (Mk)
Tucker House (AK)

the parks I would go to are
MK
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Winnie the Pooh (yes I can't believe I am recommending this)
Buzz Lightsaber spin

Epcot
Mission:Space (don't listen to others try it for yourself)
Body Wars (it the wonder of life pavilion is open)
Test Track
Soarin'
Norway's Maelstorm

AK
Kali River Rapids - this is a long wait for a very, very short ride
Kilimanjaro Safari
Dinosaur

Studios
Tower of Terror
Rockin and roll coaster
Star Tours

I think that Epcot has the best rides these days with Mission:Space and Test Track.

So I would go with MK and EPcot

however what type of ticket are you getting - if a park hopper then yes you can do two parks - if not then you can only do one.

I would also check your days and see which park is openly early or later just for WDW guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter