We just made our plans and I'm so excited! The week after thanksgiving 2018. We just got back from a trip in December 2016 and I've been in that post Disney funk so it feels good to have a plan made. :mickeyjum

It is quite difficult for us to plan that far ahead, BUT . .. . I am looking at possibly leaving NY on the 15th of August, being in the parks the 17th through the 27th, and driving back the 28th / 29th. It will be interesting to look back on this in a year, and see if I wind up with dates that look anything like this lol.

I am excited to be having a year of Disney. This is the first time having an annual pass and I plan on having my family take advantage of it. We are going this June (offsite) and Dec (onsite). Yesterday I finalized offsite reservations to stay May 4 - May 19 2018. :love:

We are planning for the week after Thanksgiving in 2018. This will be our first time seeing Epcot's Holidays Around the World. We just missed it during our 2015 visit. I am so excited. We are hoping to rent points and stay at Boardwalk, since it is my mom's dream resort and this could be the last big Disney trip with them (it is getting too tiring for them for a whole week). We have never stayed Deluxe and never rented points before, so I have a lot of research ahead of me. Other than that, I have already began planning some of the things we haven't done, new things since 2015 and exploring the Boardwalk. This will be the first time as a parent that we will go without free dining and as much as we LOVE free dining, we look forward to exploring different options.

We are planning for the week after Thanksgiving in 2018. This will be our first time seeing Epcot's Holidays Around the World. We just missed it during our 2015 visit. I am so excited. We are hoping to rent points and stay at Boardwalk, since it is my mom's dream resort and this could be the last big Disney trip with them (it is getting too tiring for them for a whole week). We have never stayed Deluxe and never rented points before, so I have a lot of research ahead of me. Other than that, I have already began planning some of the things we haven't done, new things since 2015 and exploring the Boardwalk. This will be the first time as a parent that we will go without free dining and as much as we LOVE free dining, we look forward to exploring different options.

We went first week of December in 2009 and the holidays around the world were for sure a highlight! You'll love it!

We are tentatively planning 2 trips for 2018: a land/sea in January with DH and in October with DD and my momma! Momma spent time in Anaheim as a child and went to DL several times between 1956-58, but she's never been to WDW. So excited to take her there.

We are officially booked for 11 nights at POR in June 2018 for our family of 5. My 12 year old has already created a schedule for us along with all of the ADRs that he wants to make .

We are officially booked for 11 nights at POR in June 2018 for our family of 5. My 12 year old has already created a schedule for us along with all of the ADRs that he wants to make .

Sounds like fun. POR is probably my favorite resort!

After our September trip to Disneyland, we are planning a trip to WDW for November/December 2018. We are staying at POR. It seems so far, but it is never too early to start planning. My favorite ways to kill the waiting blues is to come here, watch Disney trip reports on youtube, and start some DIY-trip projects.

After our September trip to Disneyland, we are planning a trip to WDW for November/December 2018. We are staying at POR. It seems so far, but it is never too early to start planning. My favorite ways to kill the waiting blues is to come here, watch Disney trip reports on youtube, and start some DIY-trip projects.
I do the same thing. party:

We are doing our first cruise January 8-12, then 4 days at WDW. We're hoping to stay at Wilderness Lodge. It'll be our second time to WDW, I'm so excited!

Great minds think alike! I started planning our upcoming trip (58 days, but who's counting?) as soon as we got back from my 40th birthday trip in April 2015. It's never too soon to plan!

My parents bought my husband and I Disney tickets YEARS ago. Now we have 3 kids and we're ready to go. We're talking about Jan/Feb 2018!! We've never been so we're all super excited.

I have a relative that lives 30-45 mins away so we could stay there for free but I really want to stay at a resort for our first time. I know it will cost more but I think it's worth it from what I've researched. We're going to be requesting gift cards for every celebration and ordering Disney gear in advance to prepare. Thinking about buying Disney shirts before hand and then a little something for the kids each day.

Any advice on resorts? I've looking into AoA suites but wondered if we can get into Pop or something. I don't want to spend a ton of money on something we're only sleeping in.

My parents bought my husband and I Disney tickets YEARS ago. Now we have 3 kids and we're ready to go. We're talking about Jan/Feb 2018!! We've never been so we're all super excited.

I have a relative that lives 30-45 mins away so we could stay there for free but I really want to stay at a resort for our first time. I know it will cost more but I think it's worth it from what I've researched. We're going to be requesting gift cards for every celebration and ordering Disney gear in advance to prepare. Thinking about buying Disney shirts before hand and then a little something for the kids each day.

Any advice on resorts? I've looking into AoA suites but wondered if we can get into Pop or something. I don't want to spend a ton of money on something we're only sleeping in.

We booked POR for our family of 5 and it will be cheaper than staying in a family suite at AoA by over $100/night - but my kids are all older than 3 years old (9,13,15) and I don't know the ages of your kids. POR and CBR are the only moderates that take 5 people. Have a good trip!

We booked POR for our family of 5 and it will be cheaper than staying in a family suite at AoA by over $100/night - but my kids are all older than 3 years old (9,13,15) and I don't know the ages of your kids. POR and CBR are the only moderates that take 5 people. Have a good trip!

Thank you! I did speak to a cast member about CBR over AoA. I believe that I've seen POR is more than CBR. Is there a big difference in the two?

Thank you! I did speak to a cast member about CBR over AoA. I believe that I've seen POR is more than CBR. Is there a big difference in the two?

I haven't stayed at a moderate as yet (will be staying at POR this Dec! :)) however something you should keep in mind is that CBR is just beginning some major construction. I'm not sure if the cast member told you about it and wouldn't want you to be disappointed staying there is you didn't know about all the construction.

I haven't stayed at a moderate as yet (will be staying at POR this Dec! :)) however something you should keep in mind is that CBR is just beginning some major construction. I'm not sure if the cast member told you about it and wouldn't want you to be disappointed staying there is you didn't know about all the construction.

I appreciate you bringing that up. He did mention the dining areas being under construction. He told me about the plans while the construction is going on. Definitely not a deal breaker for us since there are so many other places to choose from.

POR is currently about $20/night more than CBR (before construction was announced) for a Garden view room. But, as already mentioned CBR is going through major construction and it looks like it won't be completed until 2019. CBR does have a cool looking pool, but for me, I really like the theming of POR and I want my food places open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!