2018 Princess Half Marathon

For those that have run the 10k before can you help me out with timeline etc? There are four of us traveling and two running. We are staying at Yachtclub and I was trying to map out a rough timeline of when we would need to leave the resort and ballpark when we would be running in that area, and then of course when we would be back to get cleaned up and head out for the day. I have a decent idea of our pace to fill in the timeline once I know when we will start.

Thanks In Advance!

For those that have run the 10k before can you help me out with timeline etc? There are four of us traveling and two running. We are staying at Yachtclub and I was trying to map out a rough timeline of when we would need to leave the resort and ballpark when we would be running in that area, and then of course when we would be back to get cleaned up and head out for the day. I have a decent idea of our pace to fill in the timeline once I know when we will start.

Thanks In Advance!

There are lot of variables....you will have to be on the bus by 4am ( I think, can't remember last bus for that race). Then it will depend on what corral you start in and how fast you run. You can look at the 10K course map and figure out where your friends will be and with all the other info about what time you will be there. BUT that doesn't account for stops to take photos with characters. I think they have runner tracking for the 10K, other will know for sure and that will help your friends as well. Best I got for you

There are lot of variables....you will have to be on the bus by 4am ( I think, can't remember last bus for that race). Then it will depend on what corral you start in and how fast you run. You can look at the 10K course map and figure out where your friends will be and with all the other info about what time you will be there. BUT that doesn't account for stops to take photos with characters. I think they have runner tracking for the 10K, other will know for sure and that will help your friends as well. Best I got for you

Thanks that is helpful. We've been studying the map and we will likely be taking our time and having fun, not planning a PR. I am hoping to NOT be in the last corral but we will have to wait and see.

This reminded me that I had a PHM weekend nightmare a few nights ago. I missed the start of not just the 10K but also the half (for some reason) so both mornings in my dream I was racing to the start. I remember thinking, "NO! The sun is already up! I am SOOOOO LATE!!".

Noooooooo.

Must have been 2016’s 10k when my former iPhone 5 decided to partially break and lose its external sound. It didn’t have an audible alarm. And I had the phone on the bed so it didn’t vibrate loudly. The feel of the vibration finally woke me up. I was bodygliding my feet in line for the last bus. I think my heart is still pounding!!

Set multiple alarms and a wake up call. :)

Found the Harry Potter audio books with Stephen Fry as the narrator! Listened to chapter 1 on this morning’s run and can’t wait for tomorrow’s run to hear more!!!!!

Awesome! Where did you find it? I know I told you to look for it, but I personally haven’t been able to find it.

Hey everyone. I've ran the princess Half/Challenge for the last three years as well as other runDisney races. I am signed up for the challenge this year and found out I will be about 9 weeks pregnant at the time of the challenge :cool1: I ran the disneyland half and have since been constant in running about 10-12 miles per week until last month when I decided to slow down a bit (to try to get preggers), so I haven't been on the regular training program like in years before. I'm not sure if I should participate in both races or just the half. Any advice from those who have run pregnant would be appreciated princess:

I haven't been on here in forever! Our weather turned to crap and I haven't been doing much running since the beginning of December but decided I need to get back into it if I want to make it through the 10K & half next month! Ran outside this morning and it felt really good. Amazing how nice 20 degrees can feel after a bunch of below zero days!

I am signed up for the challenge this year and found out I will be about 9 weeks pregnant at the time of the challenge :cool1: I ran the disneyland half and have since been constant in running about 10-12 miles per week until last month when I decided to slow down a bit (to try to get preggers), so I haven't been on the regular training program like in years before. I'm not sure if I should participate in both races or just the half. Any advice from those who have run pregnant would be appreciated princess:

Congratulations!! Since you've been running I say go for both races! Just slow down and take it easy if you need to. Hydrate more than you normally would, especially if it's warm out. I ran a half 9 weeks pregnant (I hadn't been running very consistently at the time either) and just carried my own water with me so I could drink more often. I felt great running, it was my husband who was hurting! The race was in New Orleans and he drank too much the night before ;)

Hey everyone. I've ran the princess Half/Challenge for the last three years as well as other runDisney races. I am signed up for the challenge this year and found out I will be about 9 weeks pregnant at the time of the challenge :cool1: I ran the disneyland half and have since been constant in running about 10-12 miles per week until last month when I decided to slow down a bit (to try to get preggers), so I haven't been on the regular training program like in years before. I'm not sure if I should participate in both races or just the half. Any advice from those who have run pregnant would be appreciated princess:

There were women doing the races that were closing in on 9 months last year. So...

Some of them were brilliant and ha orontes things like “baby on board” on the *backs* of their shirts so people knew. Courses get tight sometimes. Not that I would purposely bump someone, but if I’m falling and can partially control my trajectory, that shirt might help knownwho to fall away from.

But make sure it’s not covered by your hair! I get tired and confused at the end of long runs, and it took me ages, as we went through the bowels of the back of Epcot (in the 10k?), to understand what was on a woman’s shirt since her long thick braid was swinging from side to side and covering too much with each swing.
It’s a good idea but have a friend walk behind you for practice to make sure it’s effective. :)

I’ve seen quite a few very pregnant women at the races. As long as you aren’t starting a new training program, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest you should be ok. I was horribly exhausted in my 1st trimester during both of my pregnancies, but thank goodness I had no morning sickness!

Like all of the ladies have been saying...it is all about hydration and listening to your body. Congrats and you are already a mom to this baby and thinking about what is best for your little prince or princess. Is this a first baby? Either way you should plan for different types of layers. I am also in the preggo mom boat for the fairytale challenge again, 17.5 weeks for the races this time and I have seen weather cold and rainy to the hot and humid. I will have pants/capris for each day and long sleeve/tank tops to iron on my vinyl cut outs to decide the week of at Disney. I hope that helps and if you need any preggo momma support I am sure there are a bunch of us here in your boat. We are all here for you but only you will know what your body is feeling race day.

@runalarm @bumbershoot @Bree @Crystalpistol Thank you for your words of support and advice! This is my first baby. I've always known that there was a possibility that I might be running the races preggo, but now that it's a reality I'm just trying to cover all my bases I suppose! I usually run the Disney races in running shorts, skirt/tutu, and short sleeve or sleeveless shirt. Should I plan for more layers! Unfortunately I always wear my camelbak so doing a saying on the back of my shirt will get covered up :thumbsup2 Since I have been doing halfs for the past three years I'm confident that I'll be able to do it, just a little nervous I guess.

Should I plan for more layers!

The moment my son was conceived I became a furnace so I can’t inagine needing to be *warmer*. (Ds was a wedding night baby. The week after we embarked on the honeymoon cruise and hubby almost had them separate the beds (Royal still puts two twin beds together) because I was just radiating heat lol.)

I am soooo psyched! My DVC waitlist came through (made to fix a previous waitlist mess-up I created), and now my cousin and I have a studio at Grand Floridian villas the whole time. Woo! I was NOT looking forward to having to move on Friday AND Saturday! Now we can just settle in. And now I don’t have to be sneezy from the weird scent Bay Lake Tower has. I’m so happy.

Training is going decently. I’m putting off today’s Galloway 4 miles until tomorrow because I started taking ballet again (today) and my SI joints are screaming!! Who knew that stopping ballet just since June (ok that’s actually quite a long break) would cause such a backslide?

What sneezy smell? We are staying at BLT during PHM weekend and I can’t stand bad smells. Oh no:crazy2:

Just like Boardwalk has a scent in the lobby, BL does, too. MANY people love it. I like the BW lobby smell. I do not like the BL smell. Chances are you won’t mind it. Or notice it.

I’m sorry to make you nervous.

Hello all!

This PHM will be my first half marathon and my first runDisney event! I realized a few weeks ago that when I submitted my 10k time, I did not adjust my estimated finish time. I set my estimated finish at 3 hours because I hadn't started training and was just guessing. My submitted 10k time would estimate me finishing in 2:30ish minutes. I contacted runDisney and was told that once placements are sent I can reach out to have my placement adjusted. Has anyone else had to do this? What are the chances they will actually adjust my corral? I was told if your estimated time was 3 hours or above they don't even look at your submitted times. I have a friend running and was hoping to be in or near her corral as we have been training together.

Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter