2018 Princess Half Marathon

Looks like The Expo for PHM weekend will be in the new Arena!

From Allears.net:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL (Jan. 12, 2018) – As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of its ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Walt Disney World Resort officially opened a new multi-purpose sports and entertainment arena Friday, continuing the growth and expansion of the 220-acre Disney sports venue that is widely regarded as the leading facility for youth sports in America.

ESPN Wide World of Sports executives, along with AAU and Varsity executives, marked the grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony that featured streamers as cheerleaders performed a high-energy routine involving Minnie Mouse, who sported her new cheerleading outfit.

Starting Friday, The Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will host its inaugural event - the prestigious UCA and UDA College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship - which runs through Sunday.

The 8,000-seat arena will host a variety of major indoor sporting events from basketball to volleyball to gymnastics to wrestling. The venue also will host runDisney Health & Fitness Expos during runDisney race weekends, beginning with the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in February.

I listened to podcasts today on my run. I have not read any Harry Potter books so I’m thinking of getting the audio books and listening to them. I get bored with music too.

Ohhhh, you get to experience the books for the first time. Lucky.

If you can somehow get the British version, it’s Stephen Fry narrating and he has a slightly bigger fan base than Jim Dale for the American version. :)

Ohhhh, you get to experience the books for the first time. Lucky.

If you can somehow get the British version, it’s Stephen Fry narrating and he has a slightly bigger fan base than Jim Dale for the American version. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the narrators!

From Allears.net:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL (Jan. 12, 2018) – As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of its ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Walt Disney World Resort officially opened a new multi-purpose sports and entertainment arena Friday, continuing the growth and expansion of the 220-acre Disney sports venue that is widely regarded as the leading facility for youth sports in America.

ESPN Wide World of Sports executives, along with AAU and Varsity executives, marked the grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony that featured streamers as cheerleaders performed a high-energy routine involving Minnie Mouse, who sported her new cheerleading outfit.

Starting Friday, The Arena at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will host its inaugural event - the prestigious UCA and UDA College Cheerleading and Dance Team National Championship - which runs through Sunday.

The 8,000-seat arena will host a variety of major indoor sporting events from basketball to volleyball to gymnastics to wrestling. The venue also will host runDisney Health & Fitness Expos during runDisney race weekends, beginning with the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in February.

Sounds awesome! I for one am excited to see the new venue!

Prices:
Satchel: $288.10
Crossbody: $212.85
Wallet: $169.85

My first thought upon seeing these is that they're pretty similar to last year's...exact same silhouettes, too. Get a little more creative, Disney!

2017 bags for comparison:
db-bags-trio-500x228.jpg

At least they have more princesses on there...looks like Ariel, Aurora, Tiana, Belle, Merida, Snow, Rapunzel, Cindy??

I have mixed feelings on the Dooney's. They are pretty similar to last years and I did buy that one....but I love Merida and she is never on anything!! Haha. I will wait until I see them in person to decide.

I won't be ordering any of those bags or wallet, but I'm not really a fan of anything Dooney.

Did anyone purchase the crossbody or satchel last year? I'm just curious about the size.

I won't be ordering any of those bags or wallet, but I'm not really a fan of anything Dooney.

I wish they'd add in lesportsac for people like me who try VERY hard to not use leather. (used to be "we don't use leather" and then my son became a dancer...)

Did anyone purchase the crossbody or satchel last year? I'm just curious about the size.
Here are pics of the styles on mannequins (same styles, different patterns). If you go on Dooney’s website they have measurements posted - search “Kimberly Crossbody” and “Zip Zip Satchel.”
052CBD37-F3B9-42D2-BD13-265337319AF3.jpeg

I'm doing some googling. Tell me about the benefits of using a garmin. Can it connect to apps and tell me when to run/walk? I'm trying to decide if some sort of watch or fitbit or something will be a good fit for me.

I'm a numbers person when training. I get obsessed with distance, pace, was I faster than last time etc. So the Garmin helps me track all that. I also just run around my neighborhood and usually prefer to run for distance over time so again the GPS is great for that. Depending on the model, yes, you can set intervals and other custom workouts. That's a feature I really love. I have custom one for tempo runs and race pace runs as well as speed intervals.

From Allears.net:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL (Jan. 12, 2018) – As part of the 20th anniversary celebration...The venue also will host runDisney Health & Fitness Expos during runDisney race weekends, beginning with the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in February.

I am super excited to see the new building but I wonder how it will all be set up. It might be nice to get everything in the same place. We will all be newbies with the expo this year. I am really looking forward to the race packet now for the maps.... We all know us runners will be lost if they don't have good guides planned out for this expo. I mean what would we do without the 15 million reminders that the"course narrows ahead" or "use caution runners bump ahead" Bring on the lost while running dreams.

Then again I did love the bump volunteer's face when I said I was gonna use this photo as my baby bump announcement after dopey 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180116-190158.png
    Screenshot_20180116-190158.png
    591.2 KB · Views: 44
I am super excited to see the new building but I wonder how it will all be set up. It might be nice to get everything in the same place. We will all be newbies with the expo this year. I am really looking forward to the race packet now for the maps.... We all know us runners will be lost if they don't have good guides planned out for this expo. I mean what would we do without the 15 million reminders that the"course narrows ahead" or "use caution runners bump ahead" Bring on the lost while running dreams.

This reminded me that I had a PHM weekend nightmare a few nights ago. I missed the start of not just the 10K but also the half (for some reason) so both mornings in my dream I was racing to the start. I remember thinking, "NO! The sun is already up! I am SOOOOO LATE!!".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter