2018 Member Cruise... who's booking?

I have considered a Member Cruise many times in the past. Is it truly special?
Do you have to use points or can you pay $$?

I'm on this year, right now, we are in St Thomas, and we have had some fantastic experiences.

For instance, we saw the whole little film, "Olaf's Frozen Adventure " which will be shown before "Coco" the film Disney will release on Thanksgiving, and the night before we had previews of "Coco" which is still in progress. We were introduced to the boy who is Miguel in the film, and what a voice he has. After there was a deck party and Fireworks!! So two firework presentations on this cruise.

I am booked on next year's. The special things they have shown this year, have topped my expectations, and more to come.

You can use points or cash, or combo according to the charts. Each person must be either cash or points, you cannot pay 1/2 cash and 1/2 points for anyone.

I have considered a Member Cruise many times in the past. Is it truly special?

If learning behind the scenes Disney things, talking and listening to Disney annimators, seeing clips of works in progress, and hearing great Disney Broadway performers is interesting to you. I say yes. You get lots of "Disney" things in the room to bring home with you as souvenirs! Also, we've gotten special snacks to enjoy.

I've probably been on 5 Member Cruises before this. This has been my favorite so far, not because of the itinerary, but because of the special presentations I have enjoyed.

You can use points or cash, or combo according to the charts. Each person must be either cash or points, you cannot pay 1/2 cash and 1/2 points for anyone.
Just want to add that if you only have post 4/4/2016 resale points, you can't book the member cruise at all.

Just want to add that if you only have post 4/4/2016 resale points, you can't book the member cruise at all.

Yes.

I have talked to a lot of members from the early 1990's who have used points for at least one person.

I'm always conflicted with using points for a cruise or just paying and saving the points. However, who out there rents their points, through Dave's for example, and puts the funds towards a cruise. If you divide the cruise cost per point, you're looking at $7.45 per point.

6B DELUXE STATEROOM W/ VERANDAH 5, 6 & 7 312pts. $2,324 or $7.45

However, if you rented your 312 points at a (safe) price of $14 you would have $4,368 (a savings of $2,044!)

And, this same cruise the week before, I know, not DVC and you won't get all those cool magnets and stickers, is only $1,600. Very hard for me to drop that extra $$ just for that DVC perk. But, it's already sold out, so what do I know, lol.

But, it's already sold out, so what do I know, lol.

Unless it sold out this afternoon, it's not quite there yet. ;) I finally caved and booked today. Verandah rooms still available. BTW, when I compared pricing with 4 Day CC Double Dip cruise and added in gratuities (which are included on DVC cruises, the pricing is a bit more palatable).

Unless it sold out this afternoon, it's not quite there yet. ;) I finally caved and booked today. Verandah rooms still available. BTW, when I compared pricing with 4 Day CC Double Dip cruise and added in gratuities (which are included on DVC cruises, the pricing is a bit more palatable).
:boat:

Glad you are aboard!

Yesterday we chatted with a stage manager who is onboard just because this is a MC. This made us realize there are more costs to DVC than just the "bling."

We did not attend a cocktail hour with the Broadway singers, but tablemates tell us it was wonderful!

I like to snorkel, and snorkeling is so much easier at CC, you get off the boat, and you are there! I do like longer cruises, but there is something to be said for 2 stops at CC next year!

So excited! Saw a sea turtle while snorkeling at CC's beach today! Another reason to be glad we will be going twice next year!

The 2017 member cruise sold out on the first day. Interesting that the 2018 cruise still has verandah staterooms available.

Ken Potrock mentioned next year's is a nod to many members who wanted a MC at a time that they would not have to take children out of school. As of our sailing, he said there were already 3 times the number of children on next year's as there were this year.

Many folks on this year's were very happy with the 7 night, and do not want fewer nights.

I am OK doing either, but do prefer longer cruises!

On DVC site just now and the Member Cruise is now showing Limited Availability in Verandah, Oceanview and Inside staterooms.

When I booked, every category was sold out and it was limited availability in verandah staterooms. At least now folks have more options on staterooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter