2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited, just a few months away! Looking forward to France's Slush flavor this year. Loved the passion fruit slush, preferred it to their La Vie en Rose Slush during F&G. Strategy. Always start to the left with Hawaii, beer and tuna of some sort, Patagonia, steak chimichurri skewer..(I hope they have it again) work our way around. When the crowds and the heat set in (1;30ish), head out doing the newest booths for dessert, back to the resort for a swim, wine/proscecco. Shower, lounge and then back to Food & Wine for another lap around till the 2nd playing of the bands.

I'm really excited for my lamb meatball, beijing roasted duck in the steamed bun, and pork slider from Hawaii. Don't get me wrong I eat lots of other stuff but those 3 are my must haves and multiple times, lol.

Man now I really want one of my meatballs, lol.

We’ll be going to our first festival in October and have so many questions. Most importantly, how many snack credits should we save per day at the fest for two of us? And should we eat quick service meals as well as the snacks. I don’t know how to allocate credits during our Epcot days. Any advice is appreciated.

If you have the option to pick an earlier day then I would. Most of the souvenirs will be sold out along with several food and drinks.
I remember they ran out of Moët Rose like an hour after opening last day last year & the delicious dessert in Greece. Definitely go earlier if possible!

We’ll be going to our first festival in October and have so many questions. Most importantly, how many snack credits should we save per day at the fest for two of us? And should we eat quick service meals as well as the snacks. I don’t know how to allocate credits during our Epcot days. Any advice is appreciated.

It all depends on what your plans are for the day. Will you be eating elsewhere? We had one dedicated F&W day last year and wanted to try as much as possible without wasting anything or feeling uncomfortable. We spent the equivalent of 18 snack credits (4QS + 6S) at the F&W booths with 2 adults in one day. We didn't drink alcohol and only had water as not to ruin our appetites with "heavier" drinks.

This will be my 3rd Festival and I'm super excited! However I am Nervous because I am going Sept 9 - Sept 18th. I'm staying at Beach club from the 9th - 14th and I am wondering how crazy it will be? I've always gone in October and I know night time is usually a nightmare for me so we always hit the festival from when it starts till we fill up! since it will be the first few weeks should I expect a crazy crowd?

It all depends on what your plans are for the day. Will you be eating elsewhere? We had one dedicated F&W day last year and wanted to try as much as possible without wasting anything or feeling uncomfortable. We spent the equivalent of 18 snack credits (4QS + 6S) at the F&W booths with 2 adults in one day. We didn't drink alcohol and only had water as not to ruin our appetites with "heavier" drinks.

Thanks for your help. We are planning two days at f&w, one with just snacking planned and the other with a dinner reservation. We are planning on drinking along with snacking on both days. Do you think the dinner reservation is a bad idea? I was thinking it would be a nice break from the heat.

Thanks for your help. We are planning two days at f&w, one with just snacking planned and the other with a dinner reservation. We are planning on drinking along with snacking on both days. Do you think the dinner reservation is a bad idea? I was thinking it would be a nice break from the heat.
We are doing something similar. This is our first f&w festival. We are doing one day like you where we snack (mainly at 11 am) then we have another day with a dinner reservation at Chefs de France.

I don't think it's a bad idea but I would pick a place that might also be a good "snack" option, as in ordering appetizers and dessert to share or something like that. If we are visiting a festival when it's hot, I'll often pick up a last minute ADR so that we can cool off and sit for a while. If you're hungry, you can have a full meal with entrees. If not, you can share small plates and not lose your $10 per person ADR guarantee.

That's a personal call. We wanted to focus on the booths so we didn't want to eat anywhere else. Even then we weren't able to try everything on our wish list because we ran out of time and appetite! We FPed our way around inbetween booths so we used the boat rides and Soarin' to cool off, then went to the concert, ate some more, and ended the day with Illuminations. We also got two large bags of Werther's popcorn to go using snack credits, but those weren't included in the 18 credits.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any opinions on the quick service in Japan? We are wanting to try it this October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter