2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to add a dining plan to a reservation online or will I have to call?

If you have room AND tickets through Disney, then you should be able to do it online. If you only have room and bought or want to buy tickets elsewhere, then you need to call and ask for a ticketless package.

If you have room AND tickets through Disney, then you should be able to do it online. If you only have room and bought or want to buy tickets elsewhere, then you need to call and ask for a ticketless package.

I have an AP, I’m not seeing it as an option to add anywhere so I’m guessing I have to call.

I have an AP, I’m not seeing it as an option to add anywhere so I’m guessing I have to call.

I think in the past AP holders have been able to do it online, but they may have taken that option off. The rest of us have to call in, but it's an easy call.

I think in the past AP holders have been able to do it online, but they may have taken that option off. The rest of us have to call in, but it's an easy call.

I just called but didn’t end up adding it because the CM confused me. I’m doing a split stay - FW for one night then BWV for 3. I want to add the DDP to the FW reservation only so that I could use it both check in and check out day. Online it says that the plan is good until midnight of check out day but the CM told me it was only good untill check out time.
I was also thinking that even if it is good till midnight would I still lose it once I check in to BWV that evening?

I just called but didn’t end up adding it because the CM confused me. I’m doing a split stay - FW for one night then BWV for 3. I want to add the DDP to the FW reservation only so that I could use it both check in and check out day. Online it says that the plan is good until midnight of check out day but the CM told me it was only good untill check out time.
I was also thinking that even if it is good till midnight would I still lose it once I check in to BWV that evening?

The CM was wrong. The plan is good until midnight of your checkout day.

Thanks, that’s what I thought.
What about when I check in to BoardWalk that evening? Will that force me to lose the credits?

Nope. Plan is good until midnight, regardless of you checking into another resort.

The only caveat to this is that if you're checking into another resort and also have the DDP on that reservation as well, you have to use all the credits from your first resort on that checkout day before you can use the ones from your new resort.

Nope. Plan is good until midnight, regardless of you checking into another resort.

The only caveat to this is that if you're checking into another resort and also have the DDP on that reservation as well, you have to use all the credits from your first resort on that checkout day before you can use the ones from your new resort.

Thanks so much. I guess I will be calling back today.
Ugh how frustrating to wait on hold only to get miss information!!

That's was a great breakdown of the price increase - thanks so much! I took a look at what we're getting for the price increase.

Quick Dining Plan: 2 extra QS alcoholic drinks
$52.50 per person per night ages 10+ (+$4.31 versus 2017)
$21.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.76 versus 2017)

Regular Dining Plan: 1 QS alcoholic drink + 1 TS alcoholic drink
$75.49 per person per night ages 10+ (+$6.13 versus 2017)
$25.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.81 versus 2017)

Deluxe Dining plan: 3 TS/QS alcoholic drinks
$116.25 per person per night ages 10+ (+$9.57 versus 2017)
$39.99 per person per night age 3-9 (+$1.24 versus 2017)

Also, keep in mind that the non-alcoholic specialty drinks were always included. So say you previously had a non-alcoholic drink worth $4. Now, you have an alcoholic drink worth $10 instead. So only a $6 increase instead of the whole $10 increase in value. Also, prices for kids have gone up with nothing new added. And all those Disney adults between 9 and 20 paying the increase for alcoholic drinks they can't have.

So if the Regular and Deluxe dinning plans include one alcoholic beverage/adult..does this "included" alchoholic beverage also apply to dinner packages such as the Fantasmic Dinner Packages and the like. This packages includes a non alcoholic beverage, but for those using dinning plan cerdits can those adults order an alcoholic beverage

So if the Regular and Deluxe dinning plans include one alcoholic beverage/adult..does this "included" alchoholic beverage also apply to dinner packages such as the Fantasmic Dinner Packages and the like. This packages includes a non alcoholic beverage, but for those using dinning plan cerdits can those adults order an alcoholic beverage

We were able to get mimosas at Hollywood & Vine breakfast with the Fant! package last week.

Adding to this, can anyone confirm about non dinner package type buffets? On the WDW website the explanation for the DDP notes:

each TS meal for lunch or dinner includes:
1 entree
1 dessert
1 non alcoholic beverage (or alcoholic beverage if guest is over 21)

OR

1 full buffet or family style meal.

Beverages aren't listed following the description of 1 full buffet or family style meal. We ate dinner at Boma in May, OOP, and our soft drinks were included in the buffet. But can anyone advise their experience at these kinds of restaurants and whether they were able to order an alcoholic drink at places like Ohauna, Boma, Garden Grill, etc on the DDP?

Sorry if this has been asked before, TIA!

Last edited:
Beverages aren't listed following the description of 1 full buffet or family style meal. We ate dinner at Boma in May, OOP, and our soft drinks were included in the buffet. But can anyone advise their experience at these kinds of restaurants and whether they were able to order an alcoholic drink at places like Ohauna, Boma, Garden Grill, etc on the DDP?

Read through this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-ddp-2018-changes-post-your-actual-experiences.3652817/

I think some of those restaurants are referenced.

Adding to this, can anyone confirm about non dinner package type buffets? On the WDW website the explanation for the DDP notes:

1 entree
1 dessert

OR

We were able to order alcoholic drinks at ‘Ohana for breakfast and dinner. However, I wouldn’t recommend the mixed featured drinks here. Super sweet and processed tasting.

What's the time frame for upgrading my free QS dining to TS (for the extra fee)? I'm exactly 4 weeks out and I've already paid the package off - but I'd like to add to upgrade to the TS dining. I've searched on the board but I can't find the answer. Thanks!

What's the time frame for upgrading my free QS dining to TS (for the extra fee)? I'm exactly 4 weeks out and I've already paid the package off - but I'd like to add to upgrade to the TS dining. I've searched on the board but I can't find the answer. Thanks!

Latest you can do it is 72 hrs before check in date. You will have to pay the full amount at the time you do the upgrade.

Latest you can do it is 72 hrs before check in date. You will have to pay the full amount at the time you do the upgrade.

Thanks Sharon!

Also I called Disney this morning to add our flight info and I asked about the dining credits and whether they are pooled to the room. There are 3 of us (2 adults, 1 "adult" child) and one of us has to leave a few days early. She told me that the dining credits are divided among each person's account so that each of us had X number of TS, QS, snacks on our bands. She was trying to tell me that my son (who is leaving early) could pay for our TS or QS meals so that our other ones (on the other 2 person's bands) could be used after he left. I told her I'd never seen in done that way before - they were always pooled. She had to go double check but yes...she said I was right. I just thought it was interesting how CM's on the phone don't know this already!

1 entree
1 dessert

OR

We were able to get alcoholic drinks at Chef Mickeys this week that were included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!