2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb q but I haven't been able to figure this out. My husband's family might be joining us for part of our trip. They would like to join us for one of our table service dinners. We are on the DDP and they will not be. Will we be able to use our credits while they pay out of pocket if we're on the same reservation/at the same table?

Dumb q but I haven't been able to figure this out. My husband's family might be joining us for part of our trip. They would like to join us for one of our table service dinners. We are on the DDP and they will not be. Will we be able to use our credits while they pay out of pocket if we're on the same reservation/at the same table?

Yes

Quick Dining Plan
$52.50 per person per night ages 10+ (+$4.31 versus 2017)
$21.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.76 versus 2017)

Regular Dining Plan
$75.49 per person per night ages 10+ (+$6.13 versus 2017)
$25.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.81 versus 2017)

Deluxe Dining plan
$116.25 per person per night ages 10+ (+$9.57 versus 2017)
$39.99 per person per night age 3-9 (+$1.24 versus 2017)

*Estimates based upon comparing prices with and without the dining plans and divided by the number of adults/children per room, and then by the number of nights. Rounded to the nearest penny.

So , am I right in assuming that to upgrade from free quick service, it would cost an additional $22.99 per person per day ?

Last year we used mobile ordering for QS meals but we were not on the DDP. Can you pay with DDP credits through mobile ordering yet? It was so much faster than waiting in line.

I posted this in another thread, and then realized it may have been the wrong one. Reposting here.

I've scanned through but can't seem to find an answer. My apologies if it has been covered and I've just missed it.

My DH and I are considering adding the DDP onto our September trip. The cost estimates are --> <-- this close.

One part of the DDP description on another websiste state this:

• A variety of savings of 10 percent to 20 percent and other values at participating locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. These discounts include shopping and dining discounts, as well as vouchers for admission to miniature golf and the ESPN Wide World of Sports. All offers subject to change, so be sure to check when you book your package.

Does anyone have any examples of what those savings might mean? What are those participating locations?

TIA

Does anyone have any examples of what those savings might mean? What are those participating locations?

The dining plan itself does not give you any kind of discounts anywhere.

The only thing that comes to mind is when you buy a "package" from WDW (room + tickets with or without dining), there are some perks like they describe in the booklet they send you. It's been awhile since we did a package, but there used to be a voucher for one game of miniature golf and a percentage off at Planet Hollywood with a free gift from their store as well. I have no idea if this is the same now, but that's what that blurb sounds like to me.

The dining plan itself does not give you any kind of discounts anywhere.

The only thing that comes to mind is when you buy a "package" from WDW (room + tickets with or without dining), there are some perks like they describe in the booklet they send you. It's been awhile since we did a package, but there used to be a voucher for one game of miniature golf and a percentage off at Planet Hollywood with a free gift from their store as well. I have no idea if this is the same now, but that's what that blurb sounds like to me.

Okay, I have a vague memory of seeing those. Wasn't sure at all what it was talking about. Thanks!

can I just check if we are on delux plan and There are 5 of us (3adlits and 2 children ages 7 and 5) and we go to specifically artist point, rainforest cafe and skippers canteen will we be allowed to order 3 adult credits worth of food and just let the kids share and pay for their drinks?

can I just check if we are on delux plan and There are 5 of us (3adlits and 2 children ages 7 and 5) and we go to specifically artist point, rainforest cafe and skippers canteen will we be allowed to order 3 adult credits worth of food and just let the kids share and pay for their drinks?

Should be no problem at those three places.

True. But she stated using "3 credits worth of food" for the 3 restaurants.
Sorry yes I meant 3 people’s allocation of credits so yes 6 for artist point but basically still have the ability to order starter main and dessert for 3 adults and let the kids share. Thankyou all for your replies!

Has anyone been to The Basket at Wine George???
We tried to use the QSDP there over Memorial Day but were told they weren't participating at that time but would be later. I was really bummed since it would be a great value.
It does now show participating in the QSDP on the WDW website and did when we went too.

We are a family of 4. 2 Adults, 10 year old, 7 year old. My 10 year old will be considered as an Adult credit. I know my 10 year old will not like the adult food menu, so likely will order from the kids menu for her. We have reservations for dining every day. One of the restaurants we booked requires 2 credits each. If somewhere in the middle of our trip, I decide to pay out of pocket for 2 dinner kids meal at 2 restaurants (saving 4 credits total) so that we can accumulate enough credits to make up for the restaurant that requires 2 credits, does the dining plan keep track which one is a kids dinner credit or adult credit or are they same? Thanks in advance!
We did the same thing on our last trip with a 10 year old and 8 year old. At CA Grill we used 2 credits each for me+husband's meals, and paid out of pocket for two kids meals which were pretty reasonable. That saved 2 adult credits and 2 kid credits that we were able to use at Sanaa, where they didn't mind that our 10 year old ordered off the kids menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter