2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know if Lapu Lapu’s will be included.

Can you get them somewhere other than Tambu Lounge? I've just been assuming they won't be because that's the only place I've ever gotten one and they don't take the dining plan, but I suppose it would make sense that it would be on the menu at Ohana as well.

Of course, that raises the question of how the alcoholic beverage component will be handled at restaurants where the price includes a non-alcoholic beverage... Right now, that's the thing I'm most interested in hearing about from January travelers, because if the fact that character meals, buffets, and other fixed price meals include a non-alcoholic drink means you can't use the plan for alcohol at those restaurants it will be a disappointing exception to the new entitlement and a major shift in the value-per-credit assessment of those meals. But it is something I could see Disney doing to shift DDP demand away from the uber-popular character meals and dining packages in favor of restaurants that often operate below capacity.

I know we go through this every year with the list of restaurants but I wish Disney would wait to put out the list then.. I got a bit worried when I looked at the list as so much is missing.. When will it be updated and final, before Jan 1?

I know we go through this every year with the list of restaurants but I wish Disney would wait to put out the list then.. I got a bit worried when I looked at the list as so much is missing.. When will it be updated and final, before Jan 1?

Maybe, maybe not. It has been as late as mid-January some years. The contracts don't have to be finalized until the 31st and then can sometimes take a while for Disney to get the new brochure out.

I am not aware of any opt outs from year to year

Unless I missed something, and I don't think I have because we've been going almost every year since the DDP debuted, the only restaurant to leave the plan was Fultons and that only lasted a year or two, very early on (when the basic plan still included appetizers and tips). No restaurant has left the list in a decade or so.

Brand new restaurants may take a bit to join. But it is not smart to not offer ddp. Way too many guests to cut off that revenue stream

Have a new wrinkle to add to the discussion.

Over on the DIS facebook page, a poster says they spoke with a dining supervisor who told them DxDDP users would get the app and alcohol if they chose to use their DxDDP credits for the F! dining pkg at Mama Melrose. Rationale for it is DxDDP is "guaranteed" (not sure who used that word) app, entrée, dessert, alcoholic drink at TS. I tried to caution them that there is no precedent for that and if they chose to use their credits for the F! pkg to be prepared to forfeit at least the app and possibly the alcohol. Oh, and same supervisor told them the MM F! pkg will be 2 TS credits next year. I just can't see that happening and gives me all the more reason to doubt the "guarantee."

So, what say you guys?

Have a new wrinkle to add to the discussion.

Over on the DIS facebook page, a poster says they spoke with a dining supervisor who told them DxDDP users would get the app and alcohol if they chose to use their DxDDP credits for the F! dining pkg at Mama Melrose. Rationale for it is DxDDP is "guaranteed" (not sure who used that word) app, entrée, dessert, alcoholic drink at TS. I tried to caution them that there is no precedent for that and if they chose to use their credits for the F! pkg to be prepared to forfeit at least the app and possibly the alcohol. Oh, and same supervisor told them the MM F! pkg will be 2 TS credits next year. I just can't see that happening and gives me all the more reason to doubt the "guarantee."

So, what say you guys?
The package includes the appetizer. The dining plan is just a payment method.

The package includes the appetizer. The dining plan is just a payment method.

2018 the app goes away with the F! pkg.

I agree that the DDP is just a payment method, so if the package does NOT include the app, it doesn't matter that you have the DxDDP that is supposed to include an app. The dining "supervisor" is either misinformed or there's really some kind of change coming to how they track dining plan usage.

Maybe this was already asked, it's a long thread and I didn't read it all but - if I've bought and paid for DDP in 2017 for an early 2018 trip, does my plan include the alcoholic beverages or not?

Maybe this was already asked, it's a long thread and I didn't read it all but - if I've bought and paid for DDP in 2017 for an early 2018 trip, does my plan include the alcoholic beverages or not?
It doesn't matter when you purchased your plan, if you purchased it for 2018, it will be for 2018.

Yes, it will include all benefits of 2018.

Based on what happened last year when the one snack went to two and the dessert for QS went away, going theory is that EVERYONE on any dining plan from Jan 1 - 14 will get the alcoholic/specialty drink. The restaurants have no way of knowing when you checked in. Once Jan 15 comes, they know everyone has the new 2018 plan.

Based on what happened last year when the one snack went to two and the dessert for QS went away, going theory is that EVERYONE on any dining plan from Jan 1 - 14 will get the alcoholic/specialty drink. The restaurants have no way of knowing when you checked in. Once Jan 15 comes, they know everyone has the new 2018 plan.
Makes a lot of sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter