2018/2019 Upcoming runDisney Events

mrsfenskie

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I am new to running and runDisney events and am interested in finding out when new runDisney events are announced. It seems like some events sell out very quickly, so what's the best way to be notified when new events are announced? Apart from the events currently listed on the runDisney website, are there more races planned for 2018? When does runDisney typically announce new races? Thank you! :)

The Florida races are a safe bet: WDW Marathon Weekend in January, Princess in February, Star Wars Dark Side in April and Wine & Dine in November. Actually I think all but Wine & Dine have already had registration come and go for 2018. I think Disneyland Paris weekend in September is also a safe bet but who knows.

The California races (Star Wars Light Side in January, Tinker Bell in May, Disneyland Half in August/September and Avengers in November) are not such a safe bet. Registration briefly opened for Light Side in January, and then quickly closed. None of the other races have had registration happen on time so far. West Cost runDisney seems to be...screwed up at the moment.

One thing you will learn as you follow runDisney is that they are TERRIBLE when it comes to communication. They change things (hence my saying that the Florida/Paris races are "a safe bet" and not a guarantee) and announce the changes at the last minute ("last minute" in my opinion). I'd suggest going to their website and signing up for their email list, follow them on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and follow along here as well. :)

EDIT: We don't know anything for certain regarding 2019 races. We can make guesses on when races will happen, but again, runDisney has been known to change things up.

Usually the schedule for the coming season (we're currently in the 2017/2018 season) comes out in the fall (it came out in October 2016 and in November 2017) the calendar starts with the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend (which as @Ariel484 mentioned is not a safe bet).

Disney will post the dates they plan to open registration on their Facebook and the runDisney website (sometimes just one or the other though because communication is terrible) and then that will get posted to @rteetz's pinned thread, runDisney Events and Registration FAQs.

Popular races are known to sell out in the first day or so (as opposed to when they sold out in the first few minutes) but if there is a race you are specifically interested that is already sold out on their website for 2018 there are always a few other methods for registration including charities, travel agents, and rawThreads which forum members have used and are happy to share their experiences with if you need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!