2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

What are people thinking about the Light Lab? It seems to have pretty mixed reactions and/or best for the atmosphere.

The beer flights look are the most interesting options to me.

It was sort of a let down for me. Not really much going on there but I guess worth a pop in visit.

It was sort of a let down for me. Not really much going on there but I guess worth a pop in visit.

I completely agree - it was worth a quick visit and l really like the Blue Spectrum drink. I was there over Labor Day weekend and it was very hot so definitely a nice place to cool off. If I remember correctly the beer flights were in the outer area of the building and not actually in the "Light Lab".

Hopped over to Epcot to get the lay of the land and to have a few snacks. I got the Festival Sampler as I knew I would most be doing cocktails on my trip. Cast member cashier actually questioned me if that's what I was going to do otherwise she was not going to let me get it Lol. I tried 4 things yesterday at the food and wine festival:

First stop Refreshment Port for a Dole whip with Bacardi coconut rum. I LOVED THIS! It was creamy and cold perfect on a hot day. Used a ticket on it more than worth it.

Scotland Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish smoked salmon and herbed sour cream. Awesome I got a nice hot pancake nice size in my opinion. Everything melded nicely together for 4 perfect bites! Even went well with my spiked Dole Whip.

I used my next Sampler ticket at Almond Orchard and got the Moet and Chandon Brut Rose Imperial champagne. My CM cashier was like wow great deal on that! By itself the Rose was ok. I think because it was sparkling. I've had cheaper Rose not sparkling that tasted way better alone.

Next I ended at the Cheese Studio for what I was most excited for the Cheese Trio! It did not disappoint. I loved each one I found the cream puff tasty I got a good amount of Apricot on it not too sweet though. The smoked salmon pinwheel was very tasty and the toast underneath was nice and soft surprisingly and thankfully. The strawberry macaroon was super sweet but I loved it didn't taste the pepper cheese though. This did pair really nicely with my glass of Rose. I would recommend doing both together.

Headed to the Festival center as I wanted to know where it was located since I have a demo today it is pretty far from everything else in the showcase. I'm glad I went ahead of time I've only been to Epcot one other time this past August so I don't know where everything is like the other parks I got turned around a few times.

All in all a good couple of hours at the festival and now I understand where everything is for the rest of the week.

Last edited:

First time poster! This will be me and my wife's first F&W. We are doing the Mexican Tequila Lunch. Is there a dress code for that event? Thanks!
No dress code for these events -- theme park attire, as with anything in the parks.

And :welcome:

PFTS 9/23 Chef Listing
Celebrities

Art Smith
Morimoto

Chefs
  • Yuhi Fujinaga, Morimoto Asia
  • James O’Donnell, STK Orlando
  • Chad Cyr, The BOATHOUSE®
  • David Springett, Planet Hollywood Observatory
  • Michael Durbin, House of Blues® Restaurant & Bar
  • Steven Richard, Paddlefish
  • Art Smith, Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’
  • James Petrakis, The Polite Pig
  • Heberto Segura, Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant
  • Christian Torres, Frontera Cocina
  • Sebastian Amico, Bongos Cuban Café™
  • Anthony Thorpe, Splitsville™ Dining Room
  • Mo Lakmichi, Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas
  • Jennifer Jones, Disney Springs™ Food Trucks
  • Paul Latkowski, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
  • Oscar Prieto, D-Luxe Burger
  • Rick Legary, Rainforest Café®
  • Team Members at Sprinkles, Sprinkles
  • Team Members at Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
  • Yoly Colon and Joseph Lodato, Amorette’s Patisserie
  • Michele Huyke, AristoCrêpes
  • Amanda Lauder, The Ganachery
Looks like fun (well except for Planet Hollywood, personally I think he might want to be in the witness protection program :) )

PFTS 9/23 Chef Listing
Celebrities

Art Smith
Morimoto

Chefs
  • Yuhi Fujinaga, Morimoto Asia
  • James O’Donnell, STK Orlando
  • Chad Cyr, The BOATHOUSE®
  • David Springett, Planet Hollywood Observatory
  • Michael Durbin, House of Blues® Restaurant & Bar
  • Steven Richard, Paddlefish
  • Art Smith, Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’
  • James Petrakis, The Polite Pig
  • Heberto Segura, Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant
  • Christian Torres, Frontera Cocina
  • Sebastian Amico, Bongos Cuban Café™
  • Anthony Thorpe, Splitsville™ Dining Room
  • Mo Lakmichi, Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas
  • Jennifer Jones, Disney Springs™ Food Trucks
  • Paul Latkowski, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
  • Oscar Prieto, D-Luxe Burger
  • Rick Legary, Rainforest Café®
  • Team Members at Sprinkles, Sprinkles
  • Team Members at Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC, Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
  • Yoly Colon and Joseph Lodato, Amorette’s Patisserie
  • Michele Huyke, AristoCrêpes
  • Amanda Lauder, The Ganachery
Looks like fun (well except for Planet Hollywood, personally I think he might want to be in the witness protection program :) )

Can't wait for a review!

I really don't care how people dress at PFTS, but I have talked to some very uncomfortable people who assumed "park attire" was the dress code only to find that 99% of the guests were not dressed that way. You do stand out in park attire and if you pay for Wine View it's even worse, most of us dress up for our $$$ seats :)

Of course I have also seen people pay full price for a kid to sit in the corner and play video games.... LOL!

Anybody else get the e-mail about PFTS for 2/23? They almost immediately retracted and sent out the correct date, but for a second there I thought I had royally messed something up. Lol

I didn't see that. But they are offering transport to the event from the front of Epcot for Wine View Lounge guests this year. If I wasn't at BWV I'd use it.

We were at Epcot for a few hours this afternoon. I didn't get any food since we had an early dinner ADR at Ohana (which was fantastic BTW), but I did get a LePassion martini from France with a sampler coupon, and it was outstanding. Very refreshing and tasty. I recommend it.

Tomorrow is the last full day of my trip (boo hoo!), and we are planning to spend the day in MK and the night in Epcot. I have two sampler coupons left. One is def going toward another LePassion, and the other I want to use toward one of the Joffrey's drinks.

When I booked the Trader Sam's event I was told to follow the dress code for Signature Dining. Which surprised me, and also annoyed me a little since we are planning to go to MK in the morning before going to the event at noon. I managed to find something a bit nicer than "park attire" and I told DH he has to wear a collared shirt. Sorry, I am not dressing up to go to a noon event in a bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!