2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Anyone else having trouble paying with a gift card? I'm getting an "unable to complete your purchase" error for both eticket and physical tickets. It's telling me to call in.

Try again! Mine just went through successfully online with a Disney gift card paying in full.

Unable to complete purchase using disney vacation account. I'm being told to call to complete purchase.

I'd try again as well with the DVA seeing as how the gift cards are now processing, maybe it was a Disney Payments problem?

Not sure how jet lagged we will be so unsure whether to go with the 24th October or the 27th October party. Coming from the uk and first ever time to Disneyland California. We don't land until 6.50 evening time. Arghhh decisions.

Can anyone tell me when the cars characters will be dressed in Halloween costumes, will it just be the Halloween parties and if so will it be from the 3 hours before or just from the party start? Sorry if it's already been asked or a stupid unanswerable question.

Try again! Mine just went through successfully online with a Disney gift card paying in full.

I'd try again as well with the DVA seeing as how the gift cards are now processing, maybe it was a Disney Payments problem?

Tried again and still getting the error message. I'm on the phone now waiting.

Not sure how jet lagged we will be so unsure whether to go with the 24th October or the 27th October party. Coming from the uk and first ever time to Disneyland California. We don't land until 6.50 evening time. Arghhh decisions.

Can anyone tell me when the cars characters will be dressed in Halloween costumes, will it just be the Halloween parties and if so will it be from the 3 hours before or just from the party start? Sorry if it's already been asked or a stupid unanswerable question.
:welcome: no stupid questions around here :) We won't know for sure until Halloween Time starts but I believe they will be dressed up all the time. Carsland and the dressed cars are included on the general Halloween Time at Disneyland website description and not under the party. That's what leads me to think they are not related. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort/

Also, DCA won't be part of the party, it's just open to party guests for 3 hours before the official start time of the party in Disneyland.

Thank you. My son is cars obsessed so he's the reason for this trip instead of back to Florida (like last year). In that case it's just a shame he won't see them in the original paint jobs but I suppose it adds to the fun more if they are dressed up. Thanks x

Not sure how jet lagged we will be so unsure whether to go with the 24th October or the 27th October party. Coming from the uk and first ever time to Disneyland California. We don't land until 6.50 evening time. Arghhh decisions...

Personally, I would give myself a little time to get over jet lag so that I could enjoy the party as much as possible. Tickets are expensive, and it would be a shame to not enjoy the party fully because of jet lag and exhaustion.

Not sure how jet lagged we will be so unsure whether to go with the 24th October or the 27th October party.

I'm in a some what similar situation coming from NY. I decided to go with the 27th just to play it safe. I just worry that it will be insanely crowded and busy since it is the last Friday before Halloween. I've never been to Disneyland for Halloween time so I really don't know what to expect!

Had no issues purchasing my tickets online a little after 10EST this morning. :) Going to the first party!

I'm in a some what similar situation coming from NY. I decided to go with the 27th just to play it safe. I just worry that it will be insanely crowded and busy since it is the last Friday before Halloween. I've never been to Disneyland for Halloween time so I really don't know what to expect!
Looks like we are doing the 27th too. Seems silly to spend so much on tickets and have them wasted if us or the kids are too tired to enjoy it! We did the Florida party last year and that was heaving and that was the first party of the season.

I have to wait to get my ticket for the 17th until the 3rd of August. That's when I get payed again. I do want to get another party date in September. Hopefully the 3rd or the 10 dosen't sell out by then.

Got our tickets for Halloween Night! So excited, now the decision on how many other days to go is on. Even with our decent Canadian dollar, it's very expensive.

Going to have to wait a bit before we book due to finances and different schedules. So excited for everyone who has tickets so far!

I hear you about the finances part! We were shocked at how much they went up to, so had to start saving like mad to buy them. We have another party we wanted to go to during our trip, so are trying to save for those now. Sending some pixie dust over to you that you're able to get your tickets soon! :tink:

I am so excited now that I have tickets! Can someone tell me how it works if we buy tickets to the park before the party. Do we have to leave ahead of the party to come back in with the special bands? Anyway to get them when we go in the morning? I'm wondering about making reservations and how that part will work. Thanks!

I am so excited now that I have tickets! Can someone tell me how it works if we buy tickets to the park before the party. Do we have to leave ahead of the party to come back in with the special bands? Anyway to get them when we go in the morning? I'm wondering about making reservations and how that part will work. Thanks!

Nope, they'll have a special section for people already in the park to get their wristband. One time we went up to the front gates to get our wristband, another time we went back to Big Thunder Ranch (but this is no longer there). Now that we started wearing costumes, we just take a break at the hotel beforehand and then come over at 5-6 before the party starts. :)

Hello from a fellow Brit!
Honestly, I would go on the 27th. The flight from the UK is a long one and an 8 hour time difference can take its toll! The party runs until midnight and you want to make the most of it.
I'll be there on the 27th to. You will love Disneyland :)

I bought my tickets this morning for September 27! We have been to Disneyland many times but have never been there during the Halloween season so I am so excited that we get to go this year. My daughter's dance studio is dancing there on 9/30 and taking a class on 9/29 so I figured we would fly in on Wednesday the 27th and do that party. We could have done the party on Friday but I am being stubborn and don't want to pay double admission since we will already be there on Friday on the park hopper. I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

Right now my daughter is leaning towards being Stitch for the party. I'm totally on board with that, I think it would be a fun costume for the party!

Hello from a fellow Brit!
Honestly, I would go on the 27th. The flight from the UK is a long one and an 8 hour time difference can take its toll! The party runs until midnight and you want to make the most of it.
I'll be there on the 27th to. You will love Disneyland :)
Hi, we have gone with the 27th. We are probably still going to buy a 4 or 5 day park hopper anyway so will have plenty of time in the parks (I know some people will say that's too much but I doubt we will be back anytime soon so want to make the most of it). My son is a huge cars fan and I'm so excited to take him to see cars land. He keeps telling me to stop talking about it. I think I'm more excited than him. X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!