2006 - Present : Food Pics with Chat

Pad Thai from Mythos and Confisco Grill are both lovely.

Chicken and shrimp in both.

Ok, so I know that my daughter and her friend will want to eat at the Harry Potter places, but I have to tell you, the pictures I"m seeing...not impressed. The most attractive meal to me looks like it comes from Thunder Falls - ribs and corn look pretty good.

Any thoughts on this? What are your favorite places to eat for food quality?

And anybody try the Pad Thai...from the photos...those are some Pad Thai dishes that I've never seen before. Is the Pad Thai any good?

I actually really like The Leaky Cauldron. The Banger sandwich is excellent. I like the food selection better than the menu at Three Broomsticks. I can also highly recommend the Ice Cream place at Diagon alley. For other places to eat I can recommend" Bread Box, Cowfish and NBC Sports bar. Good food at all three.

For the resort I like Sal's Market, Jake's and The Bayliner Diner.

I took a bunch of pictures and started a trip report I never finished, but here are pics from April 2016. Most of the items are still on the menus.

Drinks from Margaritaville (lunch) Citywalk
IMG_0188.JPG

PRETZEL STICKS
Served warm with mustard sauce and our house-made queso
IMG_0181.JPG

I don't see this on the menu, but it was shrimp 3 ways.
IMG_0180.JPG
BEACH CLUB
Sliced turkey and ham, Swiss cheese, applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, sliced tomato and Dijon aioli on toasted country white bread
IMG_0186.JPG

BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN
Fried chicken breasts served with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, green beans and chicken gravy
IMG_0177.JPG
I don't see this on the menu, anymore, either. :-( Looks like a French dip
IMG_0197.JPG

Cheese danish and chocolate chip cookie from San Francisco Pastry Co. US
IMG_0196.JPG

Last edited:
The following is The Great Feast from Three Broomsticks. IOA

Great Feast (Serves 4)

Garden Salad, Rotisserie Smoked Chicken and Spareribs, Corn on the Cob, and Roast Potatoes

I don't know if they've taken the broccoli and carrots off now, but regardless, it was delicious, we all loved it. And at $59.99, we felt it was a good deal.
IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0189.JPG
Extras bought at 3 broomsticks
Fruit cup:
IMG_0193.JPG

Breakfast sandwich from Emack & Bolios at HRH
IMG_0195.JPG
Chocolate croissant from Emack & Bolios
IMG_0192.JPG

Thunder Falls Terrace (IOA)

Kids mac &cheese
IMG_0185.JPG

Chicken Wrap Platter
Grilled Chipotle Tortilla, Rolled with Crispy Vegetables, BBQ Sauce, Cheddar Cheese, and Rotisserie Chicken
IMG_0184.JPG

Smoked Turkey Leg Platter
Served with French fries
IMG_0176.JPG

Bacon Cheeseburger Platter
Served with French Fries(looks like he dubbed corn for fries)
IMG_0183.JPG
Brookie Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Filled Brownie Cake Slice
IMG_0179.JPG

Slushy
IMG_0190.JPG
The following are from Hard Rock Cafe(dinner)

Nachos. She asked if we wanted ground beef on them, said sure. It is literally broken up hamburger, cooked in a patty and then added. No seasoning, nothing. Tasted exactly like someone crumbled their burger over nachos. Not good.
IMG_0194.JPG
CLASSIC CLUB SANDWICH
Thinly sliced grilled chicken, smoked bacon, vine-ripened tomato, iceberg lettuce and rich mayonnaise on toasted sourdough bread.
IMG_0178.JPG
FAMOUS FAJITAS
Your choice of grilled chicken, steak or shrimp, served with pico de gallo, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, fresh guacamole, sour cream and warm tortillas.
IMG_0175.JPG

ORIGINAL LEGENDARY® BURGER
The burger that started it all! A juicy 1/2-lb Certified Angus Beef® burger topped with smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, golden fried onion ring, crisp lettuce and vine-ripened tomato.
IMG_0187.JPG
Snacks from Emack & Bolios.
IMG_0174.JPG

Is there an age limit on the kids menu at Mythos? I've got a VERY picky 12 year old and a DH who loves good Pad Thai. If they'll let her order off the kids menu it's worth it for us, but I hate paying for an adult sized hamburger she'll only eat half of.

20170923_114931.jpg
This is the Kong Dog - it was very good but there is really no where to eat it in the Kong area. They also dont put the stuff on it - you get too little cups of it and there are no forks, knives or spoons - so it is a real hassle to eat it.
It is also so big you really need to cut it in half. I think it would be better if they had squirt bottles of the cheesed and relish and put it on it - or just have knives

20170916_152310.jpg

Drhum Club Kantine

This is a picture of the tostone.
Chicken was way overcooked on this but it was still good

Drinks are ok here - but not great - you really have to buy the refillable glass.
With that the first drink is 15 and refills are 10
Price without the glass is 13.50 - although one bartender said it was 17.50 ...they dont seem to know.
I tried the rum runner, club punch, Rum Rita Out Island Ice tea and they were all just OK

I dont like that the tip of 18% is added automatically as there is no incentive for the bartender to make a good drink or interact - not that they have the time.

I never made it over - but their happy hour starts at 7

Last edited:
20170915_163837.jpg

Strong water tavern
Sweet Plantain and Beef Hash - $9.00
Spiced Shredded Beef, Onions, Peppers, Sunny Side Up Egg
This was really tasty but the hash needed to be warmer - they were so close.

Mai Tai - $15.00
Hamilton Reserve & El Dorado 5 yr, Orgeat, Lime
This was really good - I think they float 151 on it as well

Tavern Grog - $12.00 - did not enjoy this drink at all - was very bitter

The couple next to me tried a few drinks and were disappointed - I had them try the Mai Tai and they were much happier.
I do wish they had a happy hour as at $15 a drink it adds up quickly

20170922_120248.jpg
Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
Coffee and Chocolate Stout Chicken Wings
Flashed Fried, Chocolate Stout Glaze - 14.95
tasty - but way overcooked

20170922_140642.jpg
Old Chocolate Fashion

Katie and Jake were the bartenders on this day and had great recommendations

Old Chocolate Fashion
Bird Dog Chocolate Whiskey, Cherry Heering Liqueur, Sugar, Chocolate and Orange Bitters
$12.00
Was tasty but I preferred the Revolutionary

Revolutionary Old Fashion
Four Roses Bourbon, Creme de Framboise, Cointreau, Sugar, Peychaud's Bitters
really good drinkl

Two Chocolate Stout
Draught
$8.50
tasty stout.

20170917_182929.jpg

Tamales ( GF ) - $8.95 from Antojitos
House made, fresh corn, red peppers, tequila mushroom, chicken raisin picadillo

These were not what I expected when they came out - but they were really tasty.
They have very good margaritas (too say the least) and the free chips and salsa were huge (I wish I got a photo) I had the Fresno which has chilli peppers in it - really nice kick to it

I just wish they had a happy hour.

Flatbread from Amatista Cookhouse - $14.
They have happy hour starting at 4 I think and the draft beers are $5 - flatbread was really good - I had wanted to go back to try another but there was so much to do - even with 9 nights at Sapphire
Be aware the kitchen stops making flat breads at 4:30 for about an hour to clean up

Fajita spiced pork, onions and peppers, queso fresco, mozzarella cheese, jalapeno barbecue
20170916_164326.jpg

Emeril's Happy hour menu Items (they had no oysters because of the hurricane)
They have mixed drinks and craft beers for about $5 - stick to the beers
Place is pretty dead now that Emeril is no longer on Food Network - although I like the food there is no atmosphere anymore - at least the night I was there - the bartender seemed bored

Crispy Duck Wings - these were excellent:

20170917_165101.jpg

Crawfish Toast - a bit disappointing
20170917_164613.jpg

HHN Pizza Fires - a bit overcooked but good - I'll be making these at home as it is pretty simple
20170921_195808.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!