$200 gift card

Dad2Buzz

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are travelling next week (woohoo) and I have just printed off our documentation and remembered that we have got a $200 gift card free as part of our deal.

Can somebody please explain exactly how this works? how do we get it, and what you can use it for? I have used the search function, but cannot find the info I need. We have the DDP, is it possible to use the gift card towards tips in restaurants? Thanks :)

Hi, we are travelling next week (woohoo) and I have just printed off our documentation and remembered that we have got a $200 gift card free as part of our deal. Can somebody please explain exactly how this works? how do we get it, and what you can use it for? I have used the search function, but cannot find the info I need. We have the DDP, is it possible to use the gift card towards tips in restaurants? Thanks :)

Have you booked through disney? I think you collect at the resort.

We booked with virgin and had to collect at the airport.

Hi, we are travelling next week (woohoo) and I have just printed off our documentation and remembered that we have got a $200 gift card free as part of our deal.

Can somebody please explain exactly how this works? how do we get it, and what you can use it for? I have used the search function, but cannot find the info I need. We have the DDP, is it possible to use the gift card towards tips in restaurants? Thanks :)

Lucky you travelling next week!

Not sure about the spending rules, but we are booked through Virgin Holidays and our paperwork says we have to collect it at the Virgin Hols desk in the airport.

If you booked with Disney direct you should have received a voucher in your post from them. This will need to be redeemed in the world of Disney store at DTD.

If you have booked through someone else the information should been supplied to you.

You can spend it in any Disney owned store or restaurant including for tips. It can also be applied to your room account (which is what we do as we charge everything to the room).

Ah, ok. We booked direct through Disney. We have got a Disney Envelope with a few bits in it, I will have a closer inspection later. Thanks

We will probably do the same and apply it to the room, which is perfect for us. Thanks everybody for the quick response :)

When we booked direct with Disney we had to take the voucher to the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney to exchange it... then you can spend it all in that shop!!

We simply collected ours and used it for tips etc.. until it was all gone.

Yeah, that is what we will do too. :thumbsup2

How do you take your spending money from the UK? I have a HSBC visa debit card which I could use, but do you pay a % of the overall amount you pay off? So say for arguments sake we charge $1000 to our room and I pay that off at the end, would I incur big charges? Plus using it for car hire etc, could end up costing quite a bit in fees. Would a credit card be more cost efficient?

I am also not sure what to take in cash? Was thinking $500 to start? We are going for 2 weeks. Thanks

Yeah, that is what we will do too. :thumbsup2

How do you take your spending money from the UK? I have a HSBC visa debit card which I could use, but do you pay a % of the overall amount you pay off? So say for arguments sake we charge $1000 to our room and I pay that off at the end, would I incur big charges? Plus using it for car hire etc, could end up costing quite a bit in fees. Would a credit card be more cost efficient?

I am also not sure what to take in cash? Was thinking $500 to start? We are going for 2 weeks. Thanks

Debit cards are generally a very expensive way to spend your money. Check the terms of your card with your bank. You should have received a letter when the card was issued, or with an update to their terms, or even on your statement. Failing that, you will be able to find it on the website or use moneysavingexpert.com. It's a bit late now to apply for a fee free credit card. I wonder hbw long a cash passport from Thomsons or Thomas Cook would take (?) Sorry I have never used these before so I'm not sure. My FiarFX card arrived in under a week but I wouldn't want to chance it too close to the time.

I tend not to take more cash than my travel insurance covers me for but some are very comfortable taking their entire spend in cash so it's up to you based on what you feel about it. If all else fails, WDW still accepts travelers cheques with no problem and you could load some of those to your room and spend via your Magic Bands or you could use a $100 cheque for a small purchase a few times and you will get the change in cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter