• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$20 nites at the Courtyard Marriott...

bethie

DIS Veteran
Is this true? I saw this posted somewhere on the net-maybe even here. The Courtyard Marriot in Downtown Disney have rates as cheap as $20 during the month of December. Anybody else heard of this??

You heard about right... they have 20.01 rates for some September dates (only Sunday through Wednesday nights) & they have 29.00 rates for some December dates, although I read one stretch of dates was already sold out, but it's worth calling & checking!

Fro sold out nights, they are offering $59/night rate.

We tried to get the $20 rate, and was told "sold out", but they had a special rate of $59.

When I called them a couple week ago they said that rate for Sept. was all sold out, but that they have a $29 rate for selected dates in December.

Anyone know if they make these great offers often? Is it a nice hotel? I think I saw it in April.

This is the Marriott in Downtown Disney.. very convenient. We stayed there 3 weeks ago and were pleased. $40 rooms through priceline. The rooms were clean and the staff was very nice. They have shuttle service to and from the parks all day... it was very quick :) The concierge sells discount tickets too... they sold us Disney Quest tickets one day at the Shades of Green price so we wouldnt have to get out in the rain to pick them up. There is a pizza hut, TCBY, and a cafe onsite.

Hope this helps,

sheila

Would you recommend a room in the main building or the annex? For anyone who has stayed in both, what differences did you see? thanks

We stayed in the main building and it was fine. If you are a light sleeper.. ask them for a room that is high in the tower or not on the pool side of the building. We needed to get to sleep early one night and had a hard time because of the pool noise. The pool wasnt really loud, I just have a hard time getting to sleep if I can hear people talking and giggling.

Sheila

We just stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Disney at the $20.01 price, and the hotel was very satisfactory for our needs. If you are a light sleeper, though, I would request a room away from the pool. We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool and we heard giggling and lots of noise from the pool every night. People are in the pool all hours of the day.

What number did you call to get these rates? AMyone know what is already sold out in December? Does it include Christams week?

I read of the $20.01 rate for a couple of different times of year. Does anyone know how often these rates come out?

I did a search on Yahoo, and this is what I found. When I actually clicked on the link, it was no longer listed on MouseSavers. HTH
Cheryl

MouseSavers.com - Save on Non-Disney Hotels
... Wow! $29 a Night at Courtyard by Marriott at Downtown Disney! Very limited availability
for specific December dates only: 12/6/01, 12/13/01 and 12/20/01. You ...
http://www.mousesavers.com/nondisney.html [More Results From: www.mousesavers.com]

We are going in Jan. (can hardly hold in the excitement for the family) and we got a $69 rate at the Courtyard plus breakfast. That is even a good rate. We figure that we get a good breakfast and save about $20 for us. Most Kissimmee hotels are at least $45 and those are the low cost ones in the area of WDW. It is a very nice hotel and close to the marketplace.
:bounce:

How did you get the $69 + breakfast? I am looking on their site, and the $69 rate pops up, but it doesn't mention anything about a free breakfast.

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter