2 Rooms with single wristband?

fearthisinc

Mouseketeer
just wanted to throw this out there.. I did a general search but didn’t find anything, so sorry if I missed it.. we have a trip planned in August where we are staying at Kidani.. it’s a relatively longer stay at 12 nights.. we were hoping that our new “add on” contract would have closed sooner so we could have used the included 2016 points to do a split stay, however by the time the contract cleared the rooms were down to single nights..

Anyway, I was wondering how the wristbands work if you make an additional reservation at a different resort during your stay.. for example, you book AKL for August 1-5 but add a night at BCV for a single night on August 3.. we would not check out of AKL at any point.. curious if the wristband would work both rooms or if you would have to get two separate wristbands.. we were thinking of booking this solely for the use of the pool.. we figured we could bring an overnight bag with needed outfits and use the pool for two days.. and obviously at night we would be closer to Epcot and Hollywood studios..

Appreciate any feedback.. we plan on calling Meber Services in the morning to see if they could pull some Disney magic and swap our 2017 points with the new 2016 points that are ya or lose.. would rather just bank the 2016 points for next year but from what I read it’s not something they normall do..

To the best of my knowledge, you can only have one WDW hotel room active on a magic band at a time. In the past, people even had problems when changing rooms mid-trip. They'd head to new resort early in the morning to check in, and then discover they could no longer access their old room to finish packing for the move.

To do what you suggest, you'd probably have to create a separate faux MDE account just for the beach club night. List all of your family members on that account because they'll all need magic bands to access storm along bay. That account would be used for the BCV reservation only, with your other hotel stay, park tickets and dining linked to your live, permanent MDE account.

That's my take.

.. we were hoping that our new “add on” contract would have closed sooner so we could have used the included 2016 points to do a split stay, however by the time the contract cleared the rooms were down to single nights..
Appreciate any feedback.. we plan on calling Meber Services in the morning to see if they could pull some Disney magic and swap our 2017 points with the new 2016 points that are ya or lose.. would rather just bank the 2016 points for next year but from what I read it’s not something they normall do..
They may swap the points for you if there’s no home resort window involved. They’re more likely to do that than extend the 2016 points for another year.

Last edited:
On your second reservation try using your middle and last name and linking it to your MDE account. If it doesn't link then set up a separate account.

:earsboy: Bill

I conversed with someone on the Resorts Board about this same scenario. She claims that she has done this without needing an alternative identity in MDE. I have always done as @disneynutz suggested but she was adamant that there is no need to go thru that. In the end, we kind of agreed that DVC is different than a regular resort stay. IMO, all it would take is a "helpful" DVC CM to see that you are booked with two concurrent reservations and they might cancel one of them.

We have done it in the past in terms of having double nights booked when changing resorts. But, in those cases, we were leaving one to go to the next, not coming back. But, what I would do is book the BCV room with the lead guest different than your AKV rooms and then tell them when you get to BCV the situation. I would also let AKV know when checking in. Worst case, I see, is that they have to recode your bands to work when you get back to AKV. But, since we have only done it one way, I am not sure how much of an issue this would cause.

A given band (and MDE account listing) can only be active on one room at a time. You can use a different name or they can give you a key card that's recognized differently. Remember any other names you add in to your MDE account will be there forever unless you get with internet support and get them deleted later. Even misspellings or slight variations can cause issues here.

I have had issues just with split stays and getting the MB detached from the first room and working on the second. In fact, at BWV I was once just switching rooms and after the 3rd trip to the new room with no luck I decided to walk down the hall to the old room and it still opened it - even though I'd been checked out of it a couple of times and checked into the new room. But I've never had the MB working on both rooms. In theory I'd think it should be possible, and some CM's may even be able to do it, but since there are things that you know are supposed to work with MB's that don't always go smoothly I'd go the safe route and just set up dummy profiles to use at BCV.

Everyone will need their band showing they are staying at BCV to enter the pool area. This is the one location they check everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter