2 days in LA...HELP!

MinneTinK

MinneTinK
Hi everyone, My BF and I (both 22)will be in LA from 3/18-3/20(our flight lands at SNA at noon on 3/18 and we are staying at Sheraton Universal, Leaving the morning of 3/20 and driving to DL and staying there for the remainder of the trip) I have no idea how long certain attractions take to see or how far the are from eachother, so I need some help with an itenerary. We are going to a 7:30 laker game on Thursday night 3/19. We would like to see Santa Monica Pier, Chinese Theather, Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive etc. Our hotel is also located right next to universal studios so I would like to do that but if there is no time, it can be missed. Please help me plan this, also let me know if there is anything worth seeing that I have left out and would have time for thanks!!!

Giving OP a little bump as I'm also interested to hear some answers as we are making similar plans for Oct. :)

Hi everyone, My BF and I (both 22)will be in LA from 3/18-3/20(our flight lands at SNA at noon on 3/18 and we are staying at Sheraton Universal, Leaving the morning of 3/20 and driving to DL and staying there for the remainder of the trip) I have no idea how long certain attractions take to see or how far the are from eachother, so I need some help with an itenerary. We are going to a 7:30 laker game on Thursday night 3/19. We would like to see Santa Monica Pier, Chinese Theather, Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive etc. Our hotel is also located right next to universal studios so I would like to do that but if there is no time, it can be missed. Please help me plan this, also let me know if there is anything worth seeing that I have left out and would have time for thanks!!!

Okay - SNA to Sheraton Universal is a bit of a haul! You could probably head straight from SNA to your hotel, and hit Universal - I don't know how much time you want to spend there, etc, but you'd have a good couple of hours. City Walk is great for dinner, too.

I'm assuming you'll have a car? You could do the Pier, Chinese Theater, Hollywood Blvd, etc. in a day easily - start at the pier, and work your way in - pier, Rodeo Drive, park in Hollywood for the Chinese Theater and Hollywood Blvd. Then head into downtown for the Laker game.

Or, and this is what I'd personally do ;) , skip Universal and hit Rodeo Drive, and Santa Monica Pier for the afternoon/evening on the 18th - we have fab sunsets! Then take the subway from Universal to Hollywood, then into downtown for the Laker game, and then back to your hotel - skip all the city driving!

Thanks for the reply! I know SNA-universal is a haul we booked our flights awhile ago when we thought we would only be staying at DL. How safe are the subways both from Universal-Hollywood and also Hollywood-downtown? Also any reccomendations on where to eat at the pier? Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply! I know SNA-universal is a haul we booked our flights awhile ago when we thought we would only be staying at DL. How safe are the subways both from Universal-Hollywood and also Hollywood-downtown? Also any reccomendations on where to eat at the pier? Thanks again!

The subways are perfectly fine - I took them with my family, and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. Just as anywhere, be aware of your surroundings, and travel smart!

At the pier.... I haven't been in years, but the last time I went, we ate at a great Mexican place at the end of the pier :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter