1st Timers - One day only UF/IOA suggestions

Corbie

Mouseketeer
I realize two days are probably minimal, but one is all we have in mid-late October. We are staying offsite. Family (all adults) are HP fans and plan to hit up Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade (and this is our main reason for working Universal in on this trip). We're all scaredy cats, but because of our interest in Jurassic Park and Mummy, figure we'll hit Spiderman, the Mummy ride and River Adventure (especially since Splash Mountain will be closed during our minimal time at DW). What about express passes when we plan to ride so few rides?

And that's it. First, doable in one day? Second, what other attractions/rides would you success for scaredy cats? Motion rides are okay, but not coasters. Thanks!

If all you wanted was HP stuff then 1 would be ok but you'll want Express Passes for your list. Park to park tickets too. Harry Potter can easily kill almost a day just enjoying those parts. Get to Universal at least an hour before opening. If it's a HHN then US will close early.
I'd try all the rides. They won't kill you. :) Mummy is the best though.
No chance of cutting out a Disney day? :)

Shhh. Not telling the other two about Mummy. >> Cannot convince them to cut a Disney day. We'll be there during Food & Wine and pretty sure DH wants to eat himself sick. And, honestly, I'm not sure how much the other rides will appeal. We for the most part aren't thrills people. I will definitely invest in express passes, then (and had already figure don the park-to-park). Would it be worth it to just take a cab/shuttle to the parks? Would we skip the long walk up?

You will want to get there to be there when the park gates open. Head for Diagon Alley and do Gringots ride. The Express pass don't work for the 2 big Harry Potter ride. Then Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade. Do the castle. Explore Hogsmeade get a butter beer. Do Jurassic Park or Rip Saw Falls for water ride. Take the Hogwarts Express back to Diagon Alley. Each way is different. Explore Diagon Alley. Explore rest of Universal Studios. Minions Mayhem , Transformers ride are cool. The Mummy has some high speed banked curves but it doesn't go upsidedown like Hulk or Dueling Dragons. You can get the Express Ticket instead of Unlimited Express because you probably will only have time to do the rides once.

Take an Uber or Lyft (or taxi, if that's more appealing). All forms of transportation drop of food at the main CityWalk area. You could get dropped off at Hard Rock Hotel (or one of the others) and walk from there. Security line will be shorter. Do have your tickets purchased prior to arrival.

Thank you, everyone! Great advice! I especially wouldn't have thought about getting dropped off at one of the hotels. Who knows? I may be able to talk DH into an extra day. Miracles do happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter