1st Timers - Day 4 - Typhoon Lagoon

Milly

Earning My Ears
Hot start to the day - 78.c at 07.30a.m. !
Perfect day for "surfing the waves dude" as my DS1 would say!

Well as much as I am a fan of our new second home (the local Ponderosa) I do feel that it is my duty as Organiser/driver/information point and general BlameMan to try to encourage the other members of the party to try new and exciting menu's whilst in this land of plenty - so - by a majority decision we go to Sizzlers for breakfast!!!!
We arrive at Typhoon Lagoon in blazing sunshine as the gates open - we hear music - walking through the sub-tropical planting and catching glimpses of tantalising slides we are suddenly out of the undergrowth and presented with the fantastic spectacle of the Disney version of paradise - I cant believe my eyes! - a white sand beach - blue lagoon - Beach boys music playing - its just superb.
We plonk DF down on the sunbeds with all the usual un-necessary clobber that us Brits have brought with us and were off........as we get to the edge of the Lagoon - the Music changes to "Surfin USA" just as there is an almighty thwump! and WOW! - here comes a perfectly formed 5 foot wave gushing towards us - DS1 & DN are there instantly - body surfing like they were born in Hawai......this truly is a slice of paradise.
I have to say that I was a little worried for the kids that we were taking a holiday for the first time that did not revolve around the seaside - but now we were in our element.
After an hour in the surf I drag DW, DM, DS2 & DD off to sample the KeelHaul Falls while the now "Lifeguard from Baywatch Duo" of DS1 & DN go to Humunga Kowabunga!
DM & DW dont quite know what they are in for on the big tyre rapids - so I did the dutyful thing and neglected to tell them!!!!
Much screaming ensued and DD & DS2 learnt a couple of new phrases from DM as she gotsoaked under a wall of cool water on the first turn - Ha Ha.....DM - 1 - Me 1....The equaliser......
Then after DM's departure to rescue her hair-do we try out the single rings of "Mayday" & "Gangplank" and then off for a relaxing 30 minute ride in the "Castaway Creek"
I persuade DS2 to come to "Shark Reef" with me - he tries to back out - I know he wants to do this but is a little frightened - I explain to him that this is a one off visit to this park and he will always regret it if he does not at least try this today and he reluctanly agrees to have a go......
15 minutes later DS2 is now hooked and wants more and more and more.....its a brilliant experience.
Now comes the tough one - I try all the same lines on DW and as we get to the point of entry where I explain that the temperature of the water is ever so slightly cooler that the Lagoon - did I forget to mention that! - there is a short sharp blast in my ear from DW! - we are doing fine but as we float across the pool - DW - who has never used a snorkal before - decides that she will try out her yet to develop "gills" and tries to extract the small particles of oxygen from the water - thus - by-passing the snorkel....choking and spluttering we limp to the other side -"never to be trusted again as long as we both shall live"is the look on her face......well......I tried......
Chips - SORRY - FRIES! and ice creams later we have had a great day and as the clouds move in - we head back to the Villa.
DS1 & DN decide to try out the Golf Course (Too hot for me!) and we go to 192 Flea market for a little "Retail Therapy" - leaving a couple of cold one's in the cooler bag on the patio for the boys to collect as the pass the 10th fairway.
Flea Markets are sooooo cheap! Leather belts =$2 ! Wallets $2.50 ! T.Shirts 6 for $10 - wow - DW has found her own paradise!
Back to Villa for supper with the boys and off to bed.
Tomorrow the plan was Epcot but the forecast is rain and we are 1 x day ahead of schedule so we will play it by ear. Perhaps more shopping and Universal Studio's in the evening. We will wait and see what the morning brings.

Milly

I'm loving your reports. It brings all the fun back for me! I am glad you are enjoying your first visit to the USA, how could you not in the land of the Mouse!! lol

Another who is really enjoying your style of reports. Brings back all the memories of our first trip.
Looking forward to the next installment:)

That 'thwump' noise as the wave starts is just amazing isn't it?

And the snorkeling is just great! (As long as you remember to use tyhe snorkel to breath of course! LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter