1st time to DL!

Harmony

DIS Veteran
My family and I are planning our first trip to DL. We decided to do 3nights at DLHotel and 3nights at GC. Is it 'usual' for people to do split-stays at resorts that are that close together? (DH and I compromised...he wanted GC, I figured the kids would enjoy DLH better) Also, how does one go about transferring the luggage from one resort to the other?

Thanks in advance!

I'm so excited! :cool1:

Call me nuts, but I kinda like splitting my stays to try different places, or to save a little money. I've always moved the luggage myself when I've split stays at DL (either hotel will hold luggage for you before check-in or after check-out), but I bet it's possible to arrange for Disney to moved your luggage for you; I was able to arrange for Disney to move my luggage between resorts at WDW. I think you'll have a really great time trying out both the GCH and DLH. I think splitting your stays at these two resorts is a great idea if it's your first trip, especially if you are not likely to return any time soon. Have a great time!

Harmony said:
My family and I are planning our first trip to DL. We decided to do 3nights at DLHotel and 3nights at GC. Is it 'usual' for people to do split-stays at resorts that are that close together? (DH and I compromised...he wanted GC, I figured the kids would enjoy DLH better) Also, how does one go about transferring the luggage from one resort to the other?

Thanks in advance!

I'm so excited! :cool1:
We did that on our last trip (hojo and GC) and I hated it. It never felt like we got settled in. This time we are spending our entire trip at the GC and I can't wait. It will be nice to unpack things and not have to pack them back up in a couple days.

caimakale said:
We did that on our last trip (hojo and GC) and I hated it. It never felt like we got settled in. This time we are spending our entire trip at the GC and I can't wait. It will be nice to unpack things and not have to pack them back up in a couple days.

Well, I don't mind splitting up a stay...esp since I do want to try out different resort and like the other poster said...we don't plan on going back yearly like we do WDW. :sunny:

CalGal said:
Call me nuts, but I kinda like splitting my stays to try different places, or to save a little money. I've always moved the luggage myself when I've split stays at DL (either hotel will hold luggage for you before check-in or after check-out), but I bet it's possible to arrange for Disney to moved your luggage for you; I was able to arrange for Disney to move my luggage between resorts at WDW. I think you'll have a really great time trying out both the GCH and DLH. I think splitting your stays at these two resorts is a great idea if it's your first trip, especially if you are not likely to return any time soon. Have a great time!

Thanks! This is the 1st time we will be splitting our stay but since we just couldn't agree on a resort, we thought "why not?" :goodvibes And we don't plan on returning to DL soon so this is a way to experience more than one resort. And yes, I did manage to save $500 by doing it this way and that's with the GC theme park view! :banana:

We split our stays once between PP and GC when they were new. We had stayed at DLH before, so we wanted to try out the new hotels. We did have a car, so we moved across the street ourselves.

I would suggest calling the first hotel where you will be staying and ask for Bell Services to see if they offer the luggage transfer between hotels.

I used this service for the first time at WDW and it was very nice, but DLR and WDW may have different rules, so you should call first if you are counting on this service.

With that said, in the worst possible scenario, call a cab to go from 1 hotel to another. I have called a cab to go to the National car rental at the corner of Harbor and Katella....Cost very little.

Just a side note of how great Bell Services are. Last year we stayed at the DLH for 7 days, then we went to Six Flags and Universal, spending the 8th night near Six Flags Magic Mountain. Then we returned to DLH for nights 9 and 10. We only needed to take an overnight bag with us to the Six Flags hotel. I explanied this to Bell Services and they agreed to store the rest of our luggage until we returned for the 9th night. I thought that was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter