1st time in LA -- need some ideas

rainy~daze

I love spring! Flowers grow in the spring:)~Autumn
We are flying into LAX and plan to drive up to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park for 2 days. Then back to LA.

We would like to see Disneyland, Universal, some beach, and whatever else we can. Only have 3 days in LA after seeing the natonal parks....and changing that is not an option as my husband is a tree fanatic and the sequioas are calling his name.

Any thoughts on plan? Places to see? Best place to stay that is central?
it is my husband and I and DS12 and DD10.

Any help is so greatly appreciated.

I would say that the most wonderful experience I've ever had with sequoias was at the Redwood Mountain Grove in Kings Canyon NP. It used to be entirely on national forest land, but eventually most of it was annexed by the National Park Service and added to the small section of Kings Canyon NP separated from the main part. It's really only academic to call it Kings Canyon NP, as SEKI is really managed as a single park.

It's a far different experience than Giant Forest, which I still recommend. Redwood Mountain Grove doesn't have signs pointing out tree names, doesn't have any paved trails, and off-trail travel is allowed. You can legally walk right up to a tree and touch it. They don't consider it a huge impact because they get so few people doing it. The tallest known sequoia tree is located in this grove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter