1st stay at BWV. What to request?

disneycruisedreams

Mouseketeer
:)This will be our first stay at BWV. I was wondering what type of room request should we put in to (hopefully) not have to walk the long hallways I've heard about. We are owners at AKV so I know about long hallways

You can request close to elevator as there is only one elevator bay. First floor is good too, in my opinion, because there are a few exit door options. I will forewarn that BWV tends to have your room ready on the late side. So if a room being ready before 3-4pm is important you may not want to do a location request.

Hmm. Oddly enough 2 times I've stayed here & both times my rooms were ready by 1:00. One of those before 12 even, & that room (Studio) was on the 5th floor *(newly renovated) & 2 doors down to the ;left off the elevator..Bigger than avg. balcony & it was smack dab in the middle of the rooms facing the clown pool...Directly below us (5 flights down) was the underpass to the Village Green area....Place was ideal if you ask me...

As a pp stated depends on what category you booked, because standard doesn't give you too many options. I did originally request for Village Green for our Pool/Garden View room , but those were all being redone when we were there, so they gave us the other room, which I believe was actually better.:confused3

To make suggestions we need to know (a) view category, standard, pool/garden, or boardwalk, and (b) room size. Without those the only thing I can suggest is high floor because that is usually a good request for any room. Also, the "long" walks at BWV are something created by those who have never stayed at Kidani and thus do not know what a real long walk is. The longest walk at BWV from lobby to end room is about 1/3 of the distance from the Kidani lobby to rooms at the end of its north wing. If you have done the long walks at Kidani, you will think boardwalk is a piece of cake.

Just request close to the elevators, but know that rooms close to the elevator come with "hallway noise". IMO, it's the people walking and running in the hallways that create the most noise.

We don't find the hallways all that long (we walk a lot during a WDW vacation and the hallways are nicely air-conditioned). We actually prefer the rooms farthest from the elevators. They are quiet and often have good views. Some of them are also provide convenient access to the bus stop, pools & the walkway to DHS - assuming you can handle stairs. If your party includes guests traveling in strollers, ECVs, wheel chairs, etc., it's usually best to be closer to the elevators.

We don't find the hallways all that long (we walk a lot during a WDW vacation and the hallways are nicely air-conditioned). We actually prefer the rooms farthest from the elevators. They are quiet and often have good views. Some of them are also provide convenient access to the bus stop, pools & the walkway to DHS - assuming you can handle stairs.
I agree with this. We are currently on the 3rd floor at BWV, next to the last room at the end of the hallway, facing Community Hall/quiet pool. We usually go for a standard view which faces towards bus stop/parking area, but had to get a garden/pool view since standard wasn't available.
Our reason...walk to HS and Epcot is about equal. You step just outside door to the direct walkway to HS, to Epcot, you go down stairs, walk 1st floor towards clown pool/excercise room area, go thru double doors, hang right(by arcade), then left, then right and you are on the boardwalk headed too Epcot. Sounds confusing, but once you have done it vs going all the way back to Lobby area, you will understand the method to my madness. We ask for near tennis courts and it works well

Hmm. Oddly enough 2 times I've stayed here & both times my rooms were ready by 1:00. One of those before 12 even, & that room (Studio) was on the 5th floor *(newly renovated) & 2 doors down to the ;left off the elevator..Bigger than avg. balcony & it was smack dab in the middle of the rooms facing the clown pool...Directly below us (5 flights down) was the underpass to the Village Green area....Place was ideal if you ask me...

As a pp stated depends on what category you booked, because standard doesn't give you too many options. I did originally request for Village Green for our Pool/Garden View room , but those were all being redone when we were there, so they gave us the other room, which I believe was actually better.:confused3
Hmmm... we own at BWV and have stayed there many times an never got a room ready before 2-3pm...once, recently, it was 4:20 when we got our room and was told it was taking so long because they were trying to meet our request (which was a travel with link to SIL to be close to them... in the end the request was not even met). Last stay we didn't put in any location request and still didn't get room until 2:45.

To make suggestions we need to know (a) view category, standard, pool/garden, or boardwalk, and (b) room size. Without those the only thing I can suggest is high floor because that is usually a good request for any room. Also, the "long" walks at BWV are something created by those who have never stayed at Kidani and thus do not know what a real long walk is. The longest walk at BWV from lobby to end room is about 1/3 of the distance from the Kidani lobby to rooms at the end of its north wing. If you have done the long walks at Kidani, you will think boardwalk is a piece of cake.

My one and only trip to Kidani our room was 900 yards from elevator to room (based on fitbit steps). My wife and I were there for an adults only trip for one night (3 resorts in 4 nights for last minute F&W trip). Made that walk 4 times (check-in; dinner, return from dinner, check-out) and that was enough for me. I had heard people complain about the possibilities of long walks but I thought they were exaggerating. For those of you that haven't been there...it's not an exaggeration. And we didn't even have the furthest room. I think there was another 30 or 40 yards.

We were booked to stay 2 nights there again with the GPs and DDs (2 and 4) for our trip in January, but after that half-marathon of walking, I quickly got on the RAT (I risked getting scolded while at the 50s diner) and switched to 1 night BCV and 1 night VGF (last 4 nights were already VGF). No way in hell I was going to do that walk again with GPs and toddlers.

Made me a little sad because I loved the theme of the resort, I really wanted to see my DDs' faces when they saw the animals, and the rooms are so nice. It's really hard to beat drinking coffee at 6:30 am and seeing the sun come up with animals grazing about. But man. That long walk after a long day is just too much.

It'd be nice if they had some segways you could take and leave outside in the hallway.

Just request close to the elevators, but know that rooms close to the elevator come with "hallway noise". IMO, it's the people walking and running in the hallways that create the most noise.

We don't find the hallways all that long (we walk a lot during a WDW vacation and the hallways are nicely air-conditioned). We actually prefer the rooms farthest from the elevators. They are quiet and often have good views. Some of them are also provide convenient access to the bus stop, pools & the walkway to DHS - assuming you can handle stairs. If your party includes guests traveling in strollers, ECVs, wheel chairs, etc., it's usually best to be closer to the elevators.

Agree. We usually request Standard View. We started putting "near the tennis courts". We have been nearly the last room. Down the steps to the sidewalk to DHS, down the steps and out the door to the bus stop. The farthest walk is to the lobby to go to Epcot. We don't mind the long hallways, and have stayed at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter