• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st on wait list

JJPCheers

Earning My Ears
You can see from my other posts I was deciding between ABD and Tauck Bridges for a tour of Italy in July 2010. I finally decided on ABD and the July 11th date is booked. My travel agent said we are first on the wait list. What is the chances of us getting on this tour?

You can see from my other posts I was deciding between ABD and Tauck Bridges for a tour of Italy in July 2010. I finally decided on ABD and the July 11th date is booked. My travel agent said we are first on the wait list. What is the chances of us getting on this tour?

That's interesting, since the July 11 isn't listed on the ABD website as wait listed. I spoke to ABD a couple of weeks ago and they told me the wait listed trips were either reserved for a group or potential dates that they would add if there was sufficient interest from people who could travel on no other date. They strongly suggested I not select a wait listed date. If the July 11 trip was fully booked, I think they would have told you it was full, not that it is wait listed. I tried to book a trip that was full in 2008 and they told me it was full and I had to pick a different date. Wonder if they are going to change the status to wait listed on their website. I noticed that one of the Nothern California trips that used to be scheduled has now been changed to wait list. I suspect that first on the wait list means no one else has booked the trip yet. Is that the only date when you can travel? If I were you I would ask my travel agent to get some additional information, for instance, specifically ask how many other people are booked for your date. If you don't mind, let us know what you find out.

The travel agent said ADB has approx. 40 people on this tour and don't have room on this date because they are already at capacity on the hotel rooms. They said if someone cancels then we will be notified. It's still unclear if everyone already booked has already paid or just has it on hold.

The travel agent said ADB has approx. 40 people on this tour and don't have room on this date because they are already at capacity on the hotel rooms. They said if someone cancels then we will be notified. It's still unclear if everyone already booked has already paid or just has it on hold.

That's a better scenario that nobody else being booked. Maybe there is someone who hasn't returned their paperwork yet and if you're lucky they won't. :) Hope it works out for you!

That's a better scenario that nobody else being booked. Maybe there is someone who hasn't returned their paperwork yet and if you're lucky they won't. :) Hope it works out for you!
But the flip side of that is, if they all have returned their paperwork, then final payment isn't due until 90 days before, or April 2010. In that case, unless someone actually cancels (ie, forfeits their $300 per person deposit) then JJPCheers might not know for MONTHS if there will be room on the trip or not.

Sayhello

But the flip side of that is, if they all have returned their paperwork, then final payment isn't due until 90 days before, or April 2010. In that case, unless someone actually cancels (ie, forfeits their $300 per person deposit) then JJPCheers might not know for MONTHS if there will be room on the trip or not.

Sayhello

Unfortunately, that is too true. July 11 was one of the free cruise dates. The promotion must have worked. JJPCheers, is that the only date you can travel?

July 11th is the only date we can travel because we have to be in Sweden for our son's ice hockey tournament on July 19th. I already booked Tauck Bridges because they have a full refund policy before sometime in May. So if there are any cancellations with ABD then I can just get my money back from Tauck and book the ABD tour. I'm sure we will have a good time on either tour but the kids ages on ABD seem to match more closely to our son's age. I also like that they stay in Tuscany where Tauck stays in Florence.

July 11th is the only date we can travel because we have to be in Sweden for our son's ice hockey tournament on July 19th. I already booked Tauck Bridges because they have a full refund policy before sometime in May. So if there are any cancellations with ABD then I can just get my money back from Tauck and book the ABD tour. I'm sure we will have a good time on either tour but the kids ages on ABD seem to match more closely to our son's age. I also like that they stay in Tuscany where Tauck stays in Florence.
Ah! I like your plan! Sounds like you have your bases covered. I'll be interested to hear what ends up happening!

(Will they give you the free cruise if you got wait listed during the promotion period?)

Sayhello

Good question about the free cruise. I think if we get in they should honor that. The other good thing about the Tauck Bridges tour is that is leaves 2 days earlier so I have to spend an extra 2 nights in Venice on our own before we have to be in Sweden. That's a good excuse to stay longer!! I just hope there is enough to keep us busy for 4 nights in Venice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter