1st night ideas anyone?

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
We are arriving in Orlando on Sunday, December 1st and staying off site. We have annual passes. We have a 7, 5 and 2 1/2 year old and are trying to plan something to do our first night that will set the tone for the week. You know...a "we're really here!" type thing. We had wanted to go to the Candlelight processional but they are not offering a dinner package that night and I am not starting my trip with a long wait in line.

Any idea if there is a evening parade that night or how I could find out that info. We are thinking of going to the MK and seeing the fireworks and would love it if we could see a parade too. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi,
Here is what is happening in the parks on Dec. 1st

MK - Share a Dream Come True Parade 3:00pm

Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 6:00pm

Epcot - Tapestry of Dreams 6:10pm, 7:45pm

IllumiNations! 9:30pm

MGM - Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade 2:30pm

FANTASMIC! 6:00pm

AK - Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade 4:00pm

If you want to check out what is happening the rest of your stay go to the Disney World site and click on park hours for December. There is a calendar with each day and the events scheduled for that day.

We are arriving a week later on Sunday and my plan is to head over to MGM to ride TOT, RRC, and then catch Fantasmic. I think that will put us all in the spirit of Disney! Have fun! Tonia

You don't say what time you are arriving the 1st day, but as long as you have AP's, I would stroll the Boardwalk, get some desert in France & then watch Illuminations in EPCOT.

That would be my idea of a nice first evening at WDW.

Thanks for the info and ideas!

We are driving from Savannah so we plan to arrive around 3pm or so because we can't check into our condo until around that time anyway. We thought we might pick up some groceries and than do the dinner thing either on WDW property somewhere or catch dinner first and then hit one of the evening shows.

Keep the ideas coming and I will check out the Disney Site.

Another idea - and one we are trying in December...we are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins for the first time, so for our first night we are going to the campfire sing-a-long and then we will watch the Electric Water Pageant from the beach.

We've wanted to do the campfire before but have never gotten around to it, so hopefully we will actually get there this time!

Whatever you decide...have a great time!

WE FLY INTO ORLANDO AND LAND ABOUT 4.30PM ON DEC 3RD. ALL I PLANNED ON DOING WAS UNPACKING AND GOING TO EAT. WE ARE STOPPING ON I DRIVE AND COULD TAKE A STROLL AROUND THERE. I AM GOING WITH MY DH AND DS AGED 6 THE NEXT DAY. WE WILL BE SWIMMING. WITH DOLPHINS ON THE 4TH AT DISCOVERY COVE SO I WANT TO BE REFRESHED FOR THAT.
WE WILL BE GOING TO MK ON THE 5TH AS ITS WALT DISNEYS B'DAY TO MAKE IT THAT MORE SPECIAL. WE ARE THERE FOR 2 WEEKS AND WILL DO ALL THE PARKS AND SHOPPING.
WILL SEE SOME OF YOU THERE BUT WON'T KNOW YOU.

texmom -

You will have so much fun at the campfire & then watching the water pageant.

If you've never stayed at FW you will absolutely love it. It is our favorite place to stay. If you have stayed there before I'm sure you know what I mean.

Have a great time. (We leave 3 1/2 days & I can't wait - surprising our 3 DD's!!!)

We plan to arrive around 1:00pm this next trip and will be making a PS for Ohana's for dinner then try to catch the fireworks either from the resturant or the beach. In the past we have gotten there about 6:00pm and did room service or take out for a quick dinner and then our first monorail ride of the trip. This time we will take a bus to MK and then get that first monorail ride to the Polly for dinner.

Jordan's mom

How do you find out the schedule for the Electric Water Parade, I assumed it was not going on when we were there because I saw nothing on it.

We will be a WDW Dec. 1- 15th!

IMMOLLOHAN,

I hope this help ;)

*POLYNESIAN RESORT 9:00pm
*GRAND FLORIDIAN 9:15pm
*WILDERNESS LODGE 9:35pm
*FORT WILDERNESS 9:45pm
*CONTEMPORARY R. 10:05pm
*MAGIC KINGDOM 10:20pm
(only during extended MK park hours)

ºoº Vero ºoº

How about a Fantasmic dinner package, followed by the Osborne Lights? If you still have energy, you can do what we like to do on our first night. We head over to DTD to check out the stores. We check to see what's available there so if we see something in the parks that is not available in DTD we make sure to buy it in the Park. Otherwise, we wait until later in the trip when we do a major shopping trip back in DTD with our discount (Amex, DVC, or DC?) It is the only place DH likes to shop. And we shop 'til we drop. Last year I found a t-shirt 6 months later that I did not even realize we had bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter