1st Disney Cruise Surprise Trip....I think I can keep quiet....lol Pre-Trip Report May 2017

OmegaWife5

Earning My Ears
Hello all! This is my first attempt at a PT and I'm really excited and nervous to start one. I've been a member of the Dis for a few years now and have thoroughly enjoyed reading others and after a few trips to WDW, I figured now is as good of time as any to start one...lol. So welcome aboard, my crazy ramblings and nervous anticipation of doing this!

Here is the cast of characters:

There's me! I'm a 34yr old wife and mother that resides in Tn. After being a SAHM for 10 yrs, I decided to enter the workforce again and work for a freight bill processing company. I love to read, cook, bake, watch hockey (go figure) craft and just enjoy life. I've always been a Disney fan and still have all of my old VHS of all things from the Aristocats to Pocahontas.

IMG_20120520_160635.JPG

Next up is the provider of the family: DH, RJ. He's a 39yr old Route Sales man and we've been married for going on 13yrs now. He wasn't really into things Disney but after a few trips, he looks forward to these trips as much as my daughter and I now...lol.

522526_361551660550728_100000876928158_1012078_1965467360_n.jpg

Last but not least is the princess of the group, our only DD12, Angela! She's the reason we do anything these days...lol. She's funny, sweet, annoying, caring, moody and all the typical things a pre-teen is these days. However, when she's not giving us the pre-teen blues (lol) she's loving all things Disney as much as me. Her favorite characters are Minnie and Cruella De Ville. You can find her tv on any Disney channel these days.

14231833_10209502172847719_924986946564314716_o.jpg

14046025_10209320843634602_8062632845090522245_n.jpg

We are currently booked on the Disney Dream for May 15th-May 19th 2017. It is a 4 night Bahamian Cruise out of Port Carnaveral. I've already selected our stateroom and we are in a Category 8A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 5. After months of research I decided that this room/category/deck was best suited for my family's needs. I plan on adding some Disney park days before the trip as I want the cruise aspect to be a surprise. I've never kept something this big a surprise and I really want to see if I can do it....lol. That's all I have for now but I'll be sure to come back and add to the PT. Feel free to follow along and I hope you all stick around long to see me overthink and over analyze. But more so, to see if this talkative Gemini can keep this a secret :-)

Following along! I saw your post on Disney Planning for Disney Friends on FB. :) I love those pics of Angela with the villains!

Following along! I saw your post on Disney Planning for Disney Friends on FB. :) I love those pics of Angela with the villains!

Thank you so much! I especially love the one with her and the Evil Queen. I swear she's a natural...lol

Great start! Looking forward to following along!

Thank you! I promise to try and entertain as much as I can!

I'm here, I'm here! :cheer2:

Thank you ma'am! It only took me how many years to finally do this....lol

To Passport or Not to Passport. That is the Question.

Currently my family knows nothing of this cruise. They simply think we are doing our usual stint in WDW and they are none the wiser and I love it! So while on the front it looks as though I'm planning for what is a normal trip I'm actually planning for the cruise. The cruise isn't until that Monday so my plan is for us to fly out to MCO on Thursday and do some park days until Sunday. I'll wake them up on Monday morning under the ruse of us 'switching resorts for our split stay' only then to tell them that we are going on the Dream. I'm still working on the transportation details on getting to and from the resort to the cruise port. Needless to say anything dealing with the cruise I simply research while I'm at work or locked away in my room...lol. My main concern at this point is whether we need passports or not. I've been on the fence about this for a few weeks now. I've read other TR's where some had them and some didn't and there were no problems. I've even called DCL to make sure that our birth certificates and state issue ID's will be enough to get us on. However, my fear of showing up after this big surprise only to do the 'walk of tears' away from the counter b/c we don't have the proper documents. Alas, I'm getting us passports! I've been saying for years that we need them so this shouldn't be anything for them to be suspicious about. I hope...lol.

To Passport or Not to Passport. That is the Question.

Currently my family knows nothing of this cruise. They simply think we are doing our usual stint in WDW and they are none the wiser and I love it! So while on the front it looks as though I'm planning for what is a normal trip I'm actually planning for the cruise. The cruise isn't until that Monday so my plan is for us to fly out to MCO on Thursday and do some park days until Sunday. I'll wake them up on Monday morning under the ruse of us 'switching resorts for our split stay' only then to tell them that we are going on the Dream. I'm still working on the transportation details on getting to and from the resort to the cruise port. Needless to say anything dealing with the cruise I simply research while I'm at work or locked away in my room...lol. My main concern at this point is whether we need passports or not. I've been on the fence about this for a few weeks now. I've read other TR's where some had them and some didn't and there were no problems. I've even called DCL to make sure that our birth certificates and state issue ID's will be enough to get us on. However, my fear of showing up after this big surprise only to do the 'walk of tears' away from the counter b/c we don't have the proper documents. Alas, I'm getting us passports! I've been saying for years that we need them so this shouldn't be anything for them to be suspicious about. I hope...lol.
I'm glad you chose to get passports. You don't need them for the cruise, but if anything happens in any of the ports, you'll be covered.

Hello!

We sailed on the Disney Dream for our very first cruise and I decided to get the passports for my daughter and I. I didn't want to be in an emergency situation an unable to fly home. Your daughter is going to flip when you surprise her!! I surprised my daughter when she was your daughter's age after coming home from school... she was screaming and running around the house we even threw Mickey confetti in the air... It's a great memory!

Hello all! I last left you all with me deciding to go ahead and get passports for my family and I. I got all the necessary documents together only to realize that the hubby LOST HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE :eek:! So online I go to order his birth certificate as he is originally from Arkansas and not TN. I placed the order on 9/8 and on 9/12 I received an email stating the package will be here on 9/16 via UPS. 9/16 arrives and no package. Contact UPS only to have them tell my they have LOST HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE!! WTHeck! This is outrageous...lol. So finally after allowing them to do their investigation to see if they could locate the missing package, which they ended on 9/20 UPS refunded me the shipping cost and a new certificate has been reissued. This time it's coming via USPS as I loathe UPS. It should be here by next week (hopefully) and then I can go through the process of getting us passports. And people wonder why I plan things so far in advance...lol. Until next time folks!

Hello all! This is my first attempt at a PT and I'm really excited and nervous to start one. I've been a member of the Dis for a few years now and have thoroughly enjoyed reading others and after a few trips to WDW, I figured now is as good of time as any to start one...lol. So welcome aboard, my crazy ramblings and nervous anticipation of doing this!

Here is the cast of characters:

There's me! I'm a 34yr old wife and mother that resides in Tn. After being a SAHM for 10 yrs, I decided to enter the workforce again and work for a freight bill processing company. I love to read, cook, bake, watch hockey (go figure) craft and just enjoy life. I've always been a Disney fan and still have all of my old VHS of all things from the Aristocats to Pocahontas.

View attachment 192293

Next up is the provider of the family: DH, RJ. He's a 39yr old Route Sales man and we've been married for going on 13yrs now. He wasn't really into things Disney but after a few trips, he looks forward to these trips as much as my daughter and I now...lol.

View attachment 192295

Last but not least is the princess of the group, our only DD12, Angela! She's the reason we do anything these days...lol. She's funny, sweet, annoying, caring, moody and all the typical things a pre-teen is these days. However, when she's not giving us the pre-teen blues (lol) she's loving all things Disney as much as me. Her favorite characters are Minnie and Cruella De Ville. You can find her tv on any Disney channel these days.

View attachment 192298

View attachment 192299

We are currently booked on the Disney Dream for May 15th-May 19th 2017. It is a 4 night Bahamian Cruise out of Port Carnaveral. I've already selected our stateroom and we are in a Category 8A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 5. After months of research I decided that this room/category/deck was best suited for my family's needs. I plan on adding some Disney park days before the trip as I want the cruise aspect to be a surprise. I've never kept something this big a surprise and I really want to see if I can do it....lol. That's all I have for now but I'll be sure to come back and add to the PT. Feel free to follow along and I hope you all stick around long to see me overthink and over analyze. But more so, to see if this talkative Gemini can keep this a secret :-)
How fun!!! Enjoy all the planning and revealing the big surprise. Enjoy your cruise!

've already selected our stateroom and we are in a Category 8A Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom on Deck 5.
Oooh! I think those 8A rooms on 5 look amazing. Can't wait to hear more.

We passport, but I'm definitely a "just in case" girl.

Hmmmm.....two lost birth certificates. If it wasn't so irritating its kind of funny in a weird sort of way. I am following along as well. I love pre-trip reports so keep the updates coming

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!