:)

I've never used it for my power chair, but I've heard of some power chair users using the Armor All products to clean their power chair tires, chair frame, etc. They say it works pretty well, and it keeps the chair frame looking like new.

The way I clean my power chair is that I unplug the battery box from the chair, and take it out from it's spot. I then remove my entire seating system, and set that aside. It gives me more cleaning abilities for the hard-to-reach places, even though it's a big job to take my entire seating system off my power chair. The battery box is extremely heavy for me to lift/maneuver. But, I can do it. I've found that dirt, and other kinds of gunk tends to build up around the area of the drive motors in the hard-to-reach places.

Using a small hand-held vacuum might work also, for the loose dirt. I'm going to try this with my power chair tonight to see if it works. I've never done this before with my power chair as I've always wiped it down with a damp, soapy cloth. It might be worth a try though.

Samantha

I have a Permobil power w/c and it can't be taken apart. Fortunately it has an elevating seat so it's easier for someone to clean. I'd think any products used for cars would be appropriate. Sometimes I'll look down and see all the dust ( or sometimes leaves and grass) protruding from my chair- I then feel rather unclean the rest of the day so I know what the OP means.

We use dish soap (like Dawn) and water to clean DD's wheelchairs.
Something else that works well is to give the metal parts a good coat of car wax. That helps to make things not stick and be easier to clean off.

The most critical thing it to know which parts are able to get wet and how wet (either very wet or just with a damp cloth).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter