180+10... and beyond for longer bookings?

andrewilley

GNU Terry Pratchett
Even I as a WDW veteran can never quite get my head around the exact way the ADR extension system works, LOL.

If I have a two-week onsite reservation with an arrival date of (for example) 21st October then I know that at 6am (EST) on 25th April I should be able to go online and book all my ADRs for 21st October and ten days after that.

So, the two bits I can never work out:

1) Can I book up to 31st October, or just 30th October? i.e. is the window an EXTRA ten days after the arrival date, or does the ten days include the arrival date itself?

2) Have Disney yet sorted out the system so that on 26th April I can then book the next available day (e.g. 1st November) and another new day on 27th April, etc - just as long as my reservation still covers those dates, of course. i.e. is there now a "rolling" window to allow for two-week or longer bookings, or is the ten-day window still locked to the arrival date?

Andre

We had 14 days onsite in December. I think it was 180 plus 10 ie max 190. It was no hassle to go online the last 4 days and add the last 4 days - it was a huge advantage - basically you had pick of ADR's for the last few days.

I'm doing our ADR's for october on sunday and have put the hard to gets at the end of the trip for this reason.

Good luck with your bookings on Sunday - could you let me know how many extra days you see beyond your arrival date, 9 or 10?

I was already planning to do much the same as you with our ADRs, put Le Cellier, etc near the end of the 10-day window to give us the best options.

Like you, I'm also assuming that the final few days will only become available for booking exactly 180 days out, as the +10 window won't get extended for each new day. I just wondered whether Disney had fixed that problem for longer stays (as the old booking system would allow reservation agents to do it) but I guess not.

Andre

I think it did roll on - I can't rmember a big gap between doing the first 10 and the last 4 but it was last september.

I'll let you know how I get on this time.

We had 14 days onsite in December. I think it was 180 plus 10 ie max 190. It was no hassle to go online the last 4 days and add the last 4 days - it was a huge advantage - basically you had pick of ADR's for the last few days.

I'm doing our ADR's for october on sunday and have put the hard to gets at the end of the trip for this reason.

You are correct. I use to work at the DRC and that is the rule. You have 190 days for normal persons off site and for those staying onsite you get an extra 10 days MAX.

Another family heard about our Disney plans and decided to "join" us. They wanted to make reservations for 8 (our family of 4, plus their family of 4). Some we did reserve for 8, but my question is this - if they don't show up for one of those reservations will our family still be able to use the reservation - or will we be charged some sort of fee for only having half of our party?

if they don't show up for one of those reservations will our family still be able to use the reservation - or will we be charged some sort of fee for only having half of our party?

The only problem would be for 'signature' meals where a deposit is required (e.g. places like Cinderella's Royal Table) which would be forfeit for on-the-day no-shows.

Otherwise, they get lots of people who don't even show up at all, so just showing up with half of your group won't be any kind of issue at all. It'd be nice to let them know in advance if you can though, so the spaces could be freed up for other people to book.

Andre

You should get 11 days of booking that includes your arrival/check-in day. Then after you have booked those ADR's the next morning you should have the next day of your trip available (day12), you can call/go online in each morning and book the next day after that until you are finished. The ADR's should get easier and easier at the end as few people stay the full 14 nights.

Hi i've just done our adr's for a 14 night onsite stay check in 15th October.

At 11 am Uk time it opened up and I was able to make adr's upto and including 25th (180 + 10).

So, i'll just go on at 11am for the next 3 days and add the last 3 days adr's.

Got everything I wanted within a few mins of my preferred times including le cellier (which I planned for day 7 of our trip)

Thanks for the update, hope the next few days open up for you as planned.

I'll hopefully be doing the same in a couple of days!!

Andre

What if your in a split stay? We are there for 14 days but are changing rooms at the same resort after 6. Will we still be able to go 180 +10 or will they treat these as seperate reservations. Thanks!

Another update.

Yes it rolled over again at 11am Uk time today, so we booked our adr for 26th October (our check in date is 15th) 2 more days to go then all adr's done.

What if your in a split stay? We are there for 14 days but are changing rooms at the same resort after 6. Will we still be able to go 180 +10 or will they treat these as seperate reservations. Thanks!

If they are seperate reservations I think they will be treated as seperate bookings by the ADR system.

However (and it gets a bit sneaky here, but it does stay within Disney's rules) if you give the Disney Reservations Center a call and extend your first booking so that it covers all 14 days, then you can make all of your ADRs based on that booking. Then once everything is booked you can reduce the reservation back to the first six days again without losing any of your ADRs.

Andre

Okay, so let me get this straight. We arrive at Disney on 6 November and depart the morning of 13 November. We are staying onsite. When I put my arrival date into the dining calculator, for the 180 day date it shows 10 May as being the date we can make our ADRs. Since I know that we will be allowed 10 days prior to that since we are staying onsite, will the first date I can make our ADRs be 30 April or 1 May? And will I be able to make them for the entire stay of 7 days at that time?

Thanks.

Okay, so let me get this straight. We arrive at Disney on 6 November and depart the morning of 13 November. We are staying onsite. When I put my arrival date into the dining calculator, for the 180 day date it shows 10 May as being the date we can make our ADRs. Since I know that we will be allowed 10 days prior to that since we are staying onsite, will the first date I can make our ADRs be 30 April or 1 May? And will I be able to make them for the entire stay of 7 days at that time?

Thanks.

Your ADR day is May 10. The +10 part of 180+10 means you can book up to 10 days of your entire trip (in you case, 7 days) at the 180 day mark, not that you can book 10 days prior to the 180 day mark. Otherwise without the +10 advantage of being a resort guest, one has to create ADRs at each 180 mark for each day of their trip. With 180+10 you can do all your ADRs at once for your entire stay.

Your ADR day is May 10. The +10 part of 180+10 means you can book up to 10 days of your entire trip (in you case, 7 days) at the 180 day mark, not that you can book 10 days prior to the 180 day mark. Otherwise without the +10 advantage of being a resort guest, one has to create ADRs at each 180 mark for each day of their trip. With 180+10 you can do all your ADRs at once for your entire stay.

Boy, I really was confused. Thanks for explaining that.

Also, I was noticing from several posts that people were calling in to make their Fantasmic reservations. Are you not able to make those on-line? Are there any other reservations that also cannot be done on-line?

Also, I was noticing from several posts that people were calling in to make their Fantasmic reservations. Are you not able to make those on-line? Are there any other reservations that also cannot be done on-line?

You're right - I can confirm that Fantasmic package reservations cannot be made online; you do need to call for those. Note that it does not matter if you have an existing ADR online for a Fantasmic restaurant when you call, as you can't add the Fantasmic package to an existing ADR. You need to call to make the specific Fantasmic package ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter