12 Days of Disney

travelitis

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share what I'm doing with my family to help build excitement for our WDW trip. Besides the paper chains for each kid attached to a cover of a Disney catalogue, we're doing the 12 Days of Disney like the 12 Days of Christmas. If they can guess what the next day is going to be, they earn a big candy bar (the huge kind). I print out each day then we tape it in order on a glass door in the family room.

Here's what I have:
On the 12th day of Disney my mother gave to me...
Minnie in a Liberty Tree (We have LTT for Thanksgiving)
2 Tiki birds
3 Disney mountains (asked the kids to name them)
4 pretty princesses
5 rides on Test Track (their favorite)
6 days at Disney (may change this to make it harder)
7 dwarves heigh ho-ing
8 pirates yo ho-ing
9 dolls a dancing (ask them where - Small World)
10 Dumbos flying
11 countries in Epcot (have them name them)
12 scoops of ice cream (B&C's Kitchen Sink)

We're at #4 tonight, but the kids came up with a better one for day 3 than I did. They said 3 b-day parties, so they're getting Wonder Balls as a special prize. I might change everything from 6-12 if I think of anything more descriptive of our plans.

We're also playing a Disney related game. Sun we played Disney trivia. Last night we played Disney alphabet and the game where you say, "My name is Sue and when I go to Disney I'm going to see Snow White." OR "My name is Pam and when I go to Disney I'm going to ride Pirates of the Caribbean." They had a hard time figuring out the first letter of your name had to be the first letter of whatever you were going to see, pack or do. Tonight we'll play Disney charades. I'm hoping I can keep coming up with these games!

travelitis--

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Almost makes me wish we weren't surprising our kids...:D

Hope you guys have a great trip!!

TRavelitis. Sounds like we will be crossing paths at Disney. We will bein the parks 11/24 - 1/2. Our trip will also be a mini family reunion.
My DH's Brother and his fmaily will be there Mon - Thurs. We have never met our 5 year old nephew so we are really excited to share Disney. Then for Thanksgiving weekend, my DSr and DBIL, DSIL, DMIL,DFILwill be joining us. This is our first family vacation. Wish us luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter