11/23/2011 ~ Thanksgiving on the Dream

Hi Frangi,
Thanks for telling us about the Dream. We're looking forward tro it. At the same time, I am worried about the size. We have always had a late dinner and gone to shows early. Then we do the adult entertainment after dinner. Is that schedule still possible? Are the "night clubs" too crowded? Is there a show between the stage show and the late dinner, like on the Wonder??? I guess we will just have to wait. Belle

That's exactly what we do!!! Yes it's possible!

I just booked this Cruise TODAY!!! It will be my DS7 first Cruise and mine and DH's first Disney Cruise. :banana: I have started reading the boards and the first thing I found was the FE Exchange. Someone said you start by finding your travel date thread under Cruise Meets.

Is there one for this cruise started yet? I would love to do this.

Also, if you have been on a Thanksgiving Cruise before can you tell me if they do anything special because it's a Holiday? Also, what is the weather like? I'm really excited and can't wait to start planning all the little extras. I'm not telling my DS until we get to the airport. My DH has an idea but I only asked if he would want to go IF I could find the money. I haven't told him I already had the money. :yay:

I can't wait to talk with others who will be on this trip.

My family ( and some extended family) will be onboard to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, but 5th cruise altogether. We are starting the trip off with 3 nights at Disney in a Grand Villa at Saratoga Springs!! Woo hoo:cool1::cool1::cool1:
There will be 10 of us total and we cannot wait!!

Kweenie

We have done the Christmas cruise on the Magic and they had special decorations and a special meal on-board and at CC. There was also a time for kids with Santa but of course that isn't relevant for this cruise. I suspect there will be a special meal for sure.

Our waitlist came in and now we are spending 4 days in the parks at Bay Lake Towers.

My family will be at Kidani Village before the cruise!!! It feels so far away!!!

This is our first cruise so I am not sure what a FE is?

This is my families first Disney Cruise and I have been doing a lot of reading on the FE Exchange. It sounds like a lot of fun and I would really like to see one on our cruise. There is a "fish" or other hook outside each stateroom and people started making "Fish Extenders" to hang from the hook. Some have 2,3 or more pockets. Disers exchange little gifts with other Disers who are on the same cruise.

I hope I'm explaining this well. I purchased my Fish Extender from someone at ETSY, however, some people make their own or find them on eBay.

There is a thread that also has pictures of FE gifts that have been handmade or purchased.

I don't want to give away my gift but I'm going both. Something handmade and something purchased.

I'm going to start a thread and if anyone would like to join please sign up.

For others who are new (like me) I have read that you don't have to feel obligated to meet others or "hang out". It's just something fun to add to your cruise. You just drop of your gift during the cruise in the FE outside the stateroom door. Also, it's up to you how many you want to do and when you want to give them.

Hope this helps. I'm sure there are others who know more and they might be able to post more information.

Can't wait for our trip. My family is really excited!!!

Allison

I'm really excited about our upcoming cruise and I have already started making and putting together my FE Gift so I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone else would like to participate. If you would like to sign up please post the following information. I will make a master list when it gets closer to our sail date. (if you have done this before please let me know if I don't do something right - this is my first Disney Cruise)

DIS Screenname
Stateroom # (if known)
Total # of Guests
Age/Gender of each Guest
Special Celebration
First Names (optional)

Thanks for joining Allison

DIS Screenname : alayne
Stateroom # : 7564
Total # of Guests: 3
Age/Gender of each Guest: M(36), F(34), M(7)
No Special Celebration unless Disney 1st Cruise counts and it's Thanksgiving
First Names: Jeremy, Allison and Ethan

DIS Screenname: lllpath
Stateroom #: 9072
Total # of Guests: 2
Age/Gender of each Guest: Scott and Lynda (adults)
Special Celebration: Cruisin again!

DIS Screenname : Kailey's Mom
Stateroom # : 9068
Total # of Guests: 4
Age/Gender of each Guest: Dave, Julie (adults), Kailey(girl 13), Emily (girl 8)
Celebrating Cruising Again
First Names: Dave, Julie, Kailey, Emily

DIS Screenname damren
Stateroom # 10518
Total # 2
Age/Gender of each Guest 38 male, Todd & 38 female, Chas
Special Celebration First Family Vacation
First Names Todd & Chasity

DIS Screenname damren
Stateroom # not sure yet, I will get it
Total # 2
Age/Gender of each Guest 13 girl, Emersyn (my DD) & 5 girl, Olivia
Special Celebration First Family Vacation
First Names Emersyn and Olivia

DIS Screenname: CynniM
Stateroom # 8684
Age/Gender of each Guest: 2 adults
Special Celebration: first cruise
First Names: Glenn and Cyndi

DIS Screenname: Finishline38
Stateroom#: 8143
Age / Gender of each Guest: Me (31) DH (32) DD (6) DD (2)
Special Celebration: First Cruise / Holidays
First Names: Jenn, John, Tia and Livi

DIS Screenname : lindsaymajor02
Stateroom # : 9638
Age/Gender of each Guest: F(32), F(61)
1st Disney Cruise
First Names: Lindsay(32) & Debbie(61)

DIS Screenname: lindsaymajor02 (my sister doesn't have one)
Stateroom #: 9580
Age/Gender of each Guest: F(35), M(40), M(7), M(9)
Celebration: 7th, 9th & 40th Birthdays!
First Names: Farrah, Ricky, Brendan(9) & Johnny(7)

DIS Screenname: KTills
Stateroom # 9024
Total # of Guests: 3
Age/Gender of each Guest: Me (39), DH (40), DS (5)
Special Celebration: First Family Cruise!

DIS Screenname : GWMOM
Stateroom # : 7504
Age/Gender of each Guest: Ron, Marilou (adults)
First Names: aka Grandpa and Grandma and First Family Thanksgiving Disney Cruise

DIS Screenname : gwmom (daughter's family)
Stateroom # : 7006
Total # of Guests: 5
Age/Gender of each Guest: Bill, Jessica (adults), Zoe(girl 4), Chloe (girl 4), Nathan (boy 3)
Celebrating Zoe & Chloe 5th Birthday, First Family Thanksgiving Disney Cruise

DIS Screenname : gwmom (daughter's family)
Stateroom # :7506
Age/Gender of each Guest: Adam, Abby (adults), Ethan (boy 21 months), Hannah (girl 7 months)
Celebrating First Family Thanksgiving Disney Cruise

DIS Screenname : gwmom (son's family)
Stateroom # : 7002
Age/Gender of each Guest: Dan, Rebecca (adults)
Celebrating First Family Thanksgiving Disney Cruise

Seahorses and starfish besides fish on the dream. I had a great time doing the FE on the last cruise I took. We had lots of people and the kids loved it. I really wish it was November. Now!!!

I've been asked that we keep the FE exchange on this board and not as a separate thread. I'll move the information from the FE thread over here tonight.

I like to plan and be prepared so I hope it's ok with everyone that we start seeing who is interested now.

This also helps me pass the time until the trip!!

Count us in on the FE! Just a note...not sure if this has been resolved, but we were on the Maiden voyage and the concierge staterooms were not available to us to deliver FE gifts. It may have been resolved by now but I'm not sure...

DIS Screenname: lllpath
Stateroom #: 10554
Age/Gender of each Guest: Scott and Lynda (adults)
Special Celebration: Cruisin again!

Great to have you on board. I'll add your info to the master list tonight when I get home.

Just posting to see what everyone is doing to help pass the time away. We have a lot of summer plans and VBS starts Monday. After VBS we are going to the beach for a week (I have to attend a Pharmacy convention). I know time is precious and you shouldn't wish your life away but I do wish November would hurry up and get here. I've been working on my door magnets and FE Gifts but I don't really have anyone to "talk" too. We aren't telling our DS about the trip because we want it to be a surprise so I have to make sure I don't say anything about it in front of him.

Anyway, I was just checking in.

Allison

Hi Allison,

We are excited about the cruise too. We were just talking about it during dinner. I don't want to wish away the summer either, plus Ihave so much work to between now and then it scares me. PLUS I want to lose some weight. We're wondering about whether to get off the boat in Nassau, and whether we should try to get a cabana. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!!:banana::banana:

Meg

Hi Meg,

I can relate to the weight thing. I have been working on that too but today is my Birthday so I did have cake. We really want to get a cabana for Castaway Cay but this is our first Disney Cruise and I know that means we have to wait until last to book all the extras.

My Sister just got back from a Carnival Cruise and she went to Nassau. Since it was just her and another girl friend they didn't go far from the ship. My DH and I have been to Nassau but that was in 1995 so I don't remember very much. I wanted to take my DS to swim with the Dolphins but my DH wants to take him to the Pirate Museum and then back on ship. I guess we have a few months to work that one out.

Hope you will join the FE. It's great that others are just as excited as we are.

Hugs
Allison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter