$100 GIFT CARD PROMOTION

KatrinfromGermany

Mouseketeer
Hi!

In October 2014 we have booked a Disney vacation from Disney UK for September 2015. Included was a 100 Dollar gift card.
Where do we get this gift card?
From Disney UK we only got the invoice per mail, but nothing else. Will we receive any documents by mail?

Thanks for your help!
Katrin

Two years ago they used to mail you the actual gift card but from last year they now just send a voucher for the card with your travel documents which you should receive around 21 days before travel.
Last year for us we had to take the voucher to a desk in World Of Disney in DTD to get the card. Was a bit time consuming and a long queue of Brits waiting for this card. Turned out only one member of staff had been trained in the issuing procedure and it took ages to track him down :) . We waited around an hour and a half in total to get it.

They mail it to you? Oh my gosh, we will travel around the US for three weeks - the stay in WDW is in the last week. Hopefully, the documents will arrive before we leave! Guess I should call them????

Last September we had to collect our $100 gift card from the Virgin Holidays desk in MCO.

Next year's trip we booked direct with Disney and I believe we will have to collect our gift card at DTD.

Who did you book with?

Sorry Katrin i should have made that more clear. They used to send it now they send you a paper voucher along with your hotel voucher and if you booked it your Magical Express transfer voucher as well. All this should arrive after you've paid the holiday balance which would be due around 60 days ahead of your departure date but not usually until 2-3 weeks before your travel date.

The voucher will have instructions on where to redeem it , most likely still at Down Town Disney.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

We booked our trip through Disney UK in October 2014, but all we got is an invoice (per mail). No instructions, nothing. Meanwhile I have set up a MDE account and linking our reservation wasn't a problem. Thus, I was feeling safe.

But today I realized that we should also get the 100 Dollar gift card (it is also included on the invoice). But now I am quite unsure how to get it and, even more important, if we need any paper documents at all (because I am afraid they won't send it in time because we will travel around the USA before our stay in WDW).
To be honest, I hate talking on the phone in English, it is - obviously - not my native language......

Thanks a lot for all your help!

We booked our trip through Disney UK in October 2014, but all we got is an invoice (per mail). No instructions, nothing. Meanwhile I have set up a MDE account and linking our reservation wasn't a problem. Thus, I was feeling safe.

But today I realized that we should also get the 100 Dollar gift card (it is also included on the invoice). But now I am quite unsure how to get it and, even more important, if we need any paper documents at all (because I am afraid they won't send it in time because we will travel around the USA before our stay in WDW).
To be honest, I hate talking on the phone in English, it is - obviously - not my native language......

Our documents including the voucher for the gift card arrived last week about 4 weeks ahead of check in however we are in the UK so you would need to allow a couple of days extra to get to Germany therefore I would contact them once you have paid your balance and ask for the documents to be sent early as you are leaving home 3 weeks before your stay. You can try email but you may need to call :goodvibes

Katrin, you could maybe try emailing them instead - disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com
Our documents including the voucher for the gift card arrived last week about 4 weeks ahead of check in however we are in the UK so you would need to allow a couple of days extra to get to Germany therefore I would contact them once you have paid your balance and ask for the documents to be sent early as you are leaving home 3 weeks before your stay. You can try email but you may need to call :goodvibes

Thanks for your help!
I'll try to email them first, and, eventually, I'll have to force myself to call them :sad2:

You will get a letter about a month before you travel that includes the voucher to collect your gift card. You have to go to World of Disney at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter