• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 th anniversary kidless trip Part 8 - IOA!

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
CAST:

Myself (Cindy) 30
DH (Jeff) 38

I did forget to say something about the previous night, as we were exiting, NBA City had a regulation hoop out, and the greeter was getting everyone to stop and make one shot, and if it made it in you get a prize.. DH tried and didnt make it, but there I stood.. SWOOSH! made a basket (Being a former sports teacher comes in handy sometimes!) I won a pretty cool pen!

Up we are at usual time to get ready to conquer the rest of IOA! Of course we got a little preivew time in the night before, so we sort of knew the lay of the land,etc.

So we go directly to Hulk. We noticed that the 2002 top ten coasters was filming and that Hulk was on standby since paid extra were there filming.. I was scanning the crowd and group on Hulk for Barry..didn't see him. I even told DH to look for him, but he was nowhere to be found. So at 9 am the cast, crew, extras leave Hulk. And this time I keep all my eyes open the entire time... its a fun ride.
From there we did Dr. Doom, and actually I must have conquered my fear of that ride, it did seem tame... I had a bad experience on one at Dorney Park. Did Spiderman again once in real line, the computer error was still there, per DH, and again in single riders. (we wound up in the same scoop anyway!)

Time for Toon Lagoon. Off we went to go on Dudley Do right, thats a fun ride... you do get soaked though.. I wasnt sure what to expect but there was no big explosion in the hut....the sign said WATCH FOR SET ENHANCEMENTS.... so from there, we said hey, were already soaked lets do Popeye.. And Popeye we did THREE times.. there was no line and they just let us stay on. We were with a British family, and they were a TRIP! Our kids would love that ride.. Remember to totally seal the top, or it will leak it, our bag was fine, same with the camera.
The Florida sun dampened us up quite a bit. I packed some towels so we just dried off good right there and then. Since we were still damp, figured this was as good as time as any to do Jurassic Park again, and we looked through the Center, saw the eggs, and the displays, Kids were having a ball...

Then off to Dueling Dragons. I have a fear of dangling feet coasters, but since I was feeling adventourous, I said Lets go.. The que area is great, very haunted house/castle fear to it. We loved the skeletons. First we did ICE, and kept my eyes closed, and then DH convinced me to keep my eyes open during FIRE, and well I just had a focal point of the screw on the seat in front of me, an saw nothing else.. never saw the feet or anything... The conversation that followed was something like Jeff to me"Did you see the feet?" Me "Uh, well, no..but my eyes were open..Was it that quick flash of blue.. I think I may have?" Jeff "But your eyes were open."... I'm hopeless, I know...

We then decided to walk on over to Poseidon. It was at 30 minutes, but our Express time were for present time...so we just walked on in the line.. although we must have been one of the last ones in that show. We saw "Taylor" first through the tv's, and then in the chamber... Cool show, the first thing I thought of during the water thing was "Prince of Egypt".. we were glad it didnt crash, we were still damp from Popeye.... We liked it it was fun, and not that scary....

Then we went to Mythos, it was about 1230 and asked about tables.. they had immediate seating (BONUS!) but we weren't hungry, yet so we told them we would do a few rides and come back at 2. They were fine with that.
So off the Suess Land we went. As a mom, and an avid reader of Dr. Suess for many years with the kids, this was very impressive. Carasoussel, was fine, maybe not totally thrilling, but still fun. Cat in the Hat... what fun, the spinning, and the book just came to life.. it was fabulous... We walked around Suess Land a bit.. I wish they could do something about the Sylvester Monkey McBean track, seems kind of sad, like a poor orphan. (I'm sure there is a Suess character somewhere they can tie that in with...) But they paid homage to wonderful books, and the statues, colors , etc.. couldn't be beat...

Then back to Mythos, we were early about 115 (both Suess land rides were walk ons), and they were fine about us coming early. WE got sat right away, and Prosperine took fantastic care of us. DH ordered the Sushi salad, and I was boring and took the burger/fries route.. (I was in the mood for something substantial)
WE then shared the chocalate banana gooey cake, and at first it does look small. Oh, it was heaven on a fork.. the bananas in the sauce, the cake, the richness of the of the chocalate.. wow, it was a pure delight. Dh liked the sushi salad, first it looked small for him, but he was full afterward, the sushi was wonderfully fresh and prepared well.

Well after that, we needed to walk off that wonderful lunch. WE saw that wonderful talking fountain in IOA.. He was really funny and had a good time with the kids... and squirted the adults.
Then headed back for another trip with Spidey, again the single riders, and again the same scoop, but different rows this time...

WE had seen everthing at IOA that interested us, and we were at about 4 pm.. we said lets walk back over to USF and do the last rides of MIB and Back to the Future.

One the way to USF, there was the basketball thing out again at NBA City. Of course there were about 6 huge guys trying to show off for the hostess. None of them made the shot, they were trying half court, one handed, you know. I walk up there again with all these men, and guess what.. made the shot again...SWOOSH! Remember its one shot only, or you lose. So I won two cool pens. THey did say you could try once a day, so I did. The hostess laughed and said to the guys, how come the girls make the shot? HEHE!

We did single riders again in MIB, and wound up for the first time in separate vehicles. Did it again, and wound up next to each other. Then Back to the Future, the time said 20 minutes, but we knew most of that was walking up the ramp... we did have a rude guest trying to shove his way in front of us... I'm sorry, but if you want to ride with your friends, you need to walk together, they were way up near the loading platform, and they were on the beginning lines. Thats about 100 poeple in front of them.. I told them they were being rude, and then they suddenly didnt know English.. too bad I knew a little of German... anyway, thats the only downside and that was our last ride ever...

So we walk back to the car.. Citywalk was just starting to come alive. WE were very thankful for the moving sidewalk.

We go back to the room, rest a bit, and go back to SeaWorld one last time to finish up.. WE looked at one or two more displays, got our two free beers. We watched another Clyde and Seamore show, the mime was funny again. We then walked through the turtle point, and did some souveneir shopping. WE decided to take the time to write a wonderful comment card on how much we miss Seaworld since Ohio has closed.

We watched the fireworks from the parking lot and it was a peaceful end to a wonderful vacation.. Yet, another drive with the top down...

great report - getting me excited for our return trip to IOA on the 23rd!

Thank you for taking the time to write all those reports! I'm glad you got to see the talking fountain. It's one of my favorites, what a riot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter