10/6 Cinderella's Royal Table Lunch Review

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
I had eaten here in October 2003 and said that I'd never go back because I thought the food was so bad. Of course, this is where my friend Janet wanted to celebrate her 30th birthday so I gave in.

We were seated at noon and had a table near the window. They knew it was her birthday and had decorated the table with little Mickeys.

For atmosphere alone, this place is wonderful, there is something magical about eating in the castle and at lunch time with the sunlight pouring in the windows as you watch others walking around Fantasyland is quite special.

At the waiter's suggestion I tried the Beef Barley soup. It was actually quite good and a very generous serving so that I wouldn't have needed to order anything else. I wish I hadn't becuase the shrimp & chicken pasta was not to my liking at all. The sauce was just awful, the chicken overdone but the shrimp was alright. I pretty much just picked that out and left the rest. The waiter was very attentive and offered to bring me something else but I wasn't hungry enough to want to do that.

Janet had the prime rib. It was a small cut and not of very good quality. She ordered it medium rare but it was served to her quite cold. She sent it back and it came back a bit more done but at least it was warm. She wasn't impressed.

A complimentary cupcake like dessert was brought out to her and she did like that very much.

Our verdict is to come for the atmosphere but order just desserts or appetizers as the cost of the main meal wasn't worth it to us.

You are a very good friend to Janet.

I laughed at this review because all my DH orders here is ...the beef barley soup. The rest of us love the Coachman's sandwich and as you said it is a lovely spot for lunch. It is a tradition for us.

Thank you for your review JC Butterfly. Unfortunately, we had the same kind of lunch experience as you did. Service was excellent, atmosphere wonderful, but food was disappointing. DH and I had prime rib and it looked and tasted like it was from the night before and just reheated in the microwave. It was very tough. DS liked Major Domo's pie however.

I am going to WDW with my 2 DD andthinking about eating here. DD8 would die if she could eat in the castle. BUT I looked at the menu and knew there would be NOTHING that I would eat. I dont consider myself a picky eater, but I dont like fancy sauces, etc. However, the kids menu has chicken nuggets, etc. Way more on here that I would eat. So when I called for PS I asked the CM if I could eat of the kids menu and she said ABSOLUTELY!!!

So I think I will be playing it safe.

I didn't enjoy lunch there either but had a wonderful seafood dinner last June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter