1 kingbed 1 fullbed rooms

Are you serious? :confused3

I can assure you that most people who don't need them don't want a handicapped room. Why in the world would someone want such a room if it wasn't necessary? I cannot believe that someone at Disney Reservations is warning callers not to let this "super secret" information get out :rotfl2:

I totally agree with you. I hate using the roll in shower.. but we have no choice because my son needs it. I guess we wil sit back and see what happens.. :confused:

Well I am super excited and really curious now! :laughing:

We took my mom last year and stayed at Pop and she had a terrible time getting on/off toilet and in the shower. When I saw the option come up for a handicapped room at Pop this time that would sleep all 3 of us AND where she could easily get in the shower and have grab bars by the toilet, I was delighted. 3 weeks! WooHoo!!

Also, is there a 'built in' shower seat in the roll in showers, or should I bring hers from home?

We havnt stayed in a roll in shower room at POP but in all the other ones we have stayed in they do have benches.

If you are in a room with a tub and need a shower seat Mousekeeping will provide one for the length of stay at no charge.

I just got off the phone with someone at the reservations line dedicated to travel agents, and all I will say is that those of us who book the roll-in shower/1 king/1 double room will be very happy with what we get (if what they told me is indeed true). :)

THIS!

I KNOW IT TO BE TRUE and have known for some time since I made my reservations. I agree that ALL WILL BE VERY HAPPY and please anyone who has concerns about this issue do not worry about it Disney will take good care of you.

I suspect that I like the pp was specifically asked not to share the information with others, especially on boards such as this, to discourage abuse.

So I would encourage those who post and themselves later find out what Disney is doing to be reminded that this information is best kept OFF the boards to discourage abuse by those who could come to find out via the board posting making it more difficult for those who truly need it

Is this also what is happening at CBR? I am thinking of switching from Pop to CBR for June and I am so confused by the new accessible reservations on the website, we are going with 4 adults and I don't see how in the world they are going to get a full size in the room with a King in a roll-in shower room and have room for a WC, if it's the same as Pop, I know exactly what you are talking about, but I am not sure at all about CBR.

I don't want to switch and get stuck without what we need for everyone.

I know they have changed the 3 other moderates, but not sure about CBR, can anyone help me? Feel free to PM me if you need to,

Are you serious? :confused3

I can assure you that most people who don't need them don't want a handicapped room. Why in the world would someone want such a room if it wasn't necessary? I cannot believe that someone at Disney Reservations is warning callers not to let this "super secret" information get out :rotfl2:

And unhappily I can assure you from my many years of experience on these boards that many people will do/say anything to get that "extra edge" (or so they believe) for the enjoyment of their trip. There is a reason Disney changed their GAC several years ago and why it seems like they are doing so now. People take advantage of any bit of information they may garner from websites like this. Other examples would include celebrating birthdays MONTHS and MONTHS away from the actual date just so they might get that extra special something at a meal.

To obtain what they would perceive as "special/extra" some people will do anything including taking a room with a wheel-in shower. We've had people on this forum who are just "fishing" and sometimes thay are easy to spot and sometimes not.

In my honest opinion exact details of anything related to how disabilities are handled should not be "made public".

And unhappily I can assure you from my many years of experience on these boards that many people will do/say anything to get that "extra edge" (or so they believe) for the enjoyment of their trip. There is a reason Disney changed their GAC several years ago and why it seems like they are doing so now. People take advantage of any bit of information they may garner from websites like this. Other examples would include celebrating birthdays MONTHS and MONTHS away from the actual date just so they might get that extra special something at a meal.

To obtain what they would perceive as "special/extra" some people will do anything including taking a room with a wheel-in shower. We've had people on this forum who are just "fishing" and sometimes thay are easy to spot and sometimes not.

In my honest opinion exact details of anything related to how disabilities are handled should not be "made public".

I agree, and I know this happens every day at WDW. I have a friend who is a TA and she told me that many of her clients make that request, and that they are usually a family of four with NO need for a roll-in-shower room. I'm glad that the moderate resorts at least are making modifications to include the two queen beds with roll in shower. I think Disney has had enough of making special accommodations for those who are taking advantage.

As to the "birthday" celebrations, I have adult friends with no children who come to Disney and dine on property at least monthly. They ALWAYS note that one of them is having a birthday as a joke within their group. I think it's horrible. It isn't funny or a joke to lie and an adult should know better. These are people who also cheat on parking, bring a live Christmas tree every year, and who put decorations out on their balconies after Disney asked everyone NOT to do so. The rules are not for them.

They should do this to the Value resorts as well.. 2 full with the roll in. We are booked at POR next year in a room for 5 but my sister might come now so we may change it to AOA LIttle Mermaid Section and get 2 rooms and Im curious as to what the layout will be. THe WDW site doesnt allow you to choose a HA room in the LIttle Mermaid section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter