1-day sightseeing plan - will this worK?

mjh8955

DIS Veteran
DD13, DS17 and mom are all accompanying hubby on a conference in April. We will arrive late on a Friday night at LAX and have one day to do some family sightseeing before heading to Disneyland (staying at Grand Californian for 5 nights). We want the kids to get a taste of Calfornia, so to speak. Can anyone tell me if my itinerary will work (logistically and time-wise) or if there is something I should add or omit? Thanks!

Sat. 4/12
Take shuttle from LAX Embassy Suites North back to airport, pick up rental car, then back to hotel to pick up family and check out.

Drive to Santa Monica for the kids to see the beach (their first time in California), check out the area.

Then Explore Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood (Walk of Fame), dinner somewhere cool but not expensive (is that possible in that area??? Any suggestions??) then to Anaheim to check in at the Grand Caliornian and conference registration before 8.

DD13, DS17 and mom are all accompanying hubby on a conference in April. We will arrive late on a Friday night at LAX and have one day to do some family sightseeing before heading to Disneyland (staying at Grand Californian for 5 nights). We want the kids to get a taste of Calfornia, so to speak. Can anyone tell me if my itinerary will work (logistically and time-wise) or if there is something I should add or omit? Thanks!

Sat. 4/12
Take shuttle from LAX Embassy Suites North back to airport, pick up rental car, then back to hotel to pick up family and check out.

Drive to Santa Monica for the kids to see the beach (their first time in California), check out the area.

Then Explore Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Hollywood (Walk of Fame), dinner somewhere cool but not expensive (is that possible in that area??? Any suggestions??) then to Anaheim to check in at the Grand Caliornian and conference registration before 8.

On a Saturday it's pretty doable. There's not a whole lot to see in Beverly Hills so I'd recommend hitting up Rodeo Drive then heading over to Hollywood Blvd. There is plenty of parking near the Chinese theater which is the best place to look at the Walk of Fame and see the footprints and signatures. Beware of the people in costume out front though. Some of them are stinky.

There are some great spots around Hollywood where you can eat and potentially see a star or two though you usually need to head out to Santa Monica to see people since many of them live there. 3rd Street Promenade has some great places to eat.

These are close to the walk of fame area.
Kabuki Sushi in Hollywood is a great spot and everybody eats there. It's Japanese food so don't worry if you don't like sushi.
Grill on Hollywood - Very good restaurant with good prices. It's grilled meat, salads, etc.

In Santa Monica you can hit up these places.
Kay and Daves - Very small restaurant but the food is good news anchor Paul Moyer (Aka Ron Burgundy) eats there. Drop in and tell him how much he sucks.
Marmalades Cafe - They pack everybody in but the food is good.

There are millions of great restaurants but you may want to call ahead and see if they're child friendly before paying them a visit. Most of them are accomodating but they'll put you in a lousy table near the kitchen so you can't potentially bother people.

My company supports restaurants all over the city so if you have one in mind PM me. I'd be more than happy to give you the run down.

Thank you for the GREAT info! Will check out the restaurants you suggested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter