1 bedroom - what’s provided?

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
Staying in a 1 bedroom for the first time at AKL Jambo! Is there a list somewhere of what’s provided? Specifically wondering about:

What kind of coffee pot?

Do we need to bring dish soap and laundry detergent?

And most importantly - is there a corkscrew provided? :)

Thanks!!

This is a pretty good list:

One and Two Bedroom Villas

Coffee makers vary by resort. Some have flat bottom filters and some have cone filters. Hopefully an AKV owner will chime in.

You do not need to bring dish soap or detergent, but we do have our own Tide Pods in our owners locker.

Last edited:
The standard coffeepot in DVC 1BR villas takes a flat bottom filter, 10-12 cup size. I've seen some reports of Grand Villas having the dual drip/Keurig pots, which might take cone filters, but I haven't actually seen any reports of needing cone-shaped filters for DVC resorts. (Wyndham Bonnet Creek and some other offsite timeshares require cone-shaped filters, so we have both types in our Owners Locker.)

And we too provide our own laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent, although DVC provides a starter supply and will replenish it on request.

PS if anything that's listed is missing, just call Housekeeping and they'll bring it to you.

Thanks all, this is super helpful! Anyone know what type of coffee pot is in a Poly studio? That’s where we are starting our stay.

The standard coffeepot in DVC 1BR villas takes a flat bottom filter, 10-12 cup size. I've seen some reports of Grand Villas having the dual drip/Keurig pots, which might take cone filters, but I haven't actually seen any reports of needing cone-shaped filters for DVC resorts. (Wyndham Bonnet Creek and some other offsite timeshares require cone-shaped filters, so we have both types in our Owners Locker.)
The two-bedroom we had last week at BRV had a cone filter.

The two-bedroom we had last week at BRV had a cone filter.
Oh no, I hope they’re not converting slowly! How will we know how to answer this very common question?!

PS was the provided coffee in the flat filter packs or in something different that’s more suited to a cone shaped basket?

When we stayed in a Jambo 2 br. lock-off (1 br. + studio) last Dec. they still had the Mr. Coffee type pots that use the flat bottomed filters which I always bring along w/ coffee. I also always pack laundry pods for use in the washer. The third thing I bring is microwave popcorn - our go to late night WDW snack :)

In more cases than not the corkscrew has been missing but you can call housekeeping and get one… even in studios. Surprising there was actually one in our room at CC this year.

Oh no, I hope they’re not converting slowly! How will we know how to answer this very common question?!

PS was the provided coffee in the flat filter packs or in something different that’s more suited to a cone shaped basket?
Standard coffee packets. The coffee maker did have a reusable mesh filter in it, so that was a a plus, but it was definitely a cone filter. It was a Cuisinart Stay.

I prefer Dawn compared to the dish soap provided. I also bring laundry pods/dryer sheets as the laundry detergent doesn't freshen up clothes...too *green* for me LOL! I actually like Joffrey's coffee but we bring DD and 12 cup filters and travel coffee cups and straws (yes, plastic ones).

Check under the cupboard in the bathroom to make sure TP is stocked. Make sure you test your coffeepot when you arrive! We had one that didn't work at all and didn't discover it until our first morning...horrors!

:coffee:

Enjoy!

We stay at AKL frequently and definitely check the TP supply!!! For some reason that resort seems to skimp on how much they want to give you! We always have to ask for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter