1 bed Room Recommendations?

Nainolaf

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are staying in a 1 bed villa Savannah view at Jambo House for 4 nights in September as new DVC owners and wondered what we should put for room requests?
I believe all DVC rooms are on the 5th floor and it was mentioned that the Arusha Savannah was a good request, walking isnt too much of an issue but getting to the pool easily would be a plus, main thing is we wanted the best views possible as its our first stay at the lodge.
Many thanks in advance

Well, you've already set yourself up for the 'better half' of the resort with a savanna view! That's a good start. Either Arusha or Sunset savannas will offer some terrific views. The fact that you're at Jambo, most of the amenities (pool, restaurants, store, lobby, bus stop) are going to be right off the main elevator system, so the most walking you'll be doing will be however far your room is from the elevator bank. You'll also have access to the Kidani pool, restaurant, and lobby, if you decide to change it up a bit.

So I'd recommend you contact Member Services (either chat, call, or even email) and request Sunset or Arusha savanna. If you wish closer to the lobby/elevators for less walking, include that as a secondary request. MS will add the request to your reservation, but they'll tell you they're not guaranteed, and your requests will be matched if available. Something we'll often do is stop by the front desk when we arrive and talk with a cast member. Sometimes if you get there earlier, they can look and see where your room is assigned (they won't tell you the room) and can probably share info about the savanna and general location with you. If it's not ideal, sometimes they can make an adjustment that morning for you.

Welcome to the AKL-Jambo. It is an absolutely stunning place to stay - our favorite resort anywhere (not just WDW). Hope you enjoy it and have many more stays in the future!

we really can’t wait, we’ve eaten at the lodge many times (I’d say Jiko is in my top 3 places to dine on property) but never stayed! I believe my wife is putting any recommendations given on Touring plans of thats the same?
We are moving to AKL from 6 nights at Boulder Ridge so should be able to get to reception nice and early.

Do you get a better view further out on the wing of the hotel or is it pretty much the same as a roon closer to the lobby?

1BRs are located throughout that fifth floor (all are part of 2BR lock-offs). For Jambo, we usually make the following request for savanna view: room overlooking the Arusha savanna on the Zebra Trail side of the building (which is the right side of the u-shaped building and the same side that the pool is on), away from the lobby area (rooms near the lobby area do not have the best savanna views). If you get that request granted, you will have a very good view of the Arusha savanna, be not far from the pool, and have a room that faces west, avoiding blinding sun coming through the windows in the morning, having shade on your balcony until into the afternoon, and allowing you to watch pleasant sunsets

Thats wonderful…thank you so much, we are off in 3 weeks so will get the requests in 1 week before we go…can’t wait!😀

Thats wonderful…thank you so much, we are off in 3 weeks so will get the requests in 1 week before we go…can’t wait!😀
I’d send the requests as soon as you know what you want. Rooms are assigned days or possibly a week prior to arrival, so there’s no reason to wait.

If you do online checkin, leave the request section blank, or else you’ll override the requests you submit by other means.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter