•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Got my last one!! The only hiccup is that it is for a studio with a Walk-in Shower (all of my other nights are in a regular studio). And OF COURSE that night is right in the middle of my stay. I've still got a waitlist for a regular studio for that night and I'm still stalking the booking tool every chance I get, what are the odds of a regular studio coming available for Feb 22-23, 2019? It's the Friday night of Princess weekend.

When we purchased our CCV points, the guide told us that there are 41 shower studios and and 37 tub/shower combo studios. If those figures are correct then you are hoping one of those 37 guests will cancel or change their reservation. And your wait list comes through or you grab it when it shows up as available.

When we purchased our CCV points, the guide told us that there are 41 shower studios and and 37 tub/shower combo studios. If those figures are correct then you are hoping one of those 37 guests will cancel or change their reservation. And your wait list comes through or you grab it when it shows up as available.

Hmmm, that could make things interesting....It doesn't really matter to me whether I have a tub or not but I really don't want to have to switch rooms twice in 4 days.....we'll see how it goes when the 7 month date gets here, I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of movement then.

Thanks for the insight!!!

Hmmm, that could make things interesting....It doesn't really matter to me whether I have a tub or not but I really don't want to have to switch rooms twice in 4 days.....we'll see how it goes when the 7 month date gets here, I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of movement then.

Thanks for the insight!!!

In my obsessive stalking of the RAT I came across a few days of availability for a studio w/walk-in shower so I have essentially double booked my stay in February for both types of studios and wait-listed the night in each of the studios that I'm missing...Only downside is that now I'm stalking the RAT for two dates instead of one :rolleyes2

Deluxe Studio w/ shower: booked 2/22-2/25, waitlisted 2/21
Deluxe Studio: booked 2/21, 2/23-2/25, waitlisted 2/22

I figure this way I double my odds of a wait list coming through and whichever studio type I manage to get my full stay in first is the one I'll keep and I'll cancel the booked days in the other type. Worst case scenario I stay in the regular deluxe studio my first night (2/21) and then switch to the studio with the walk-in shower for the rest of my stay, which is a much better alternative to switching rooms twice.

Can anyone see any flaws in my logic??

We are considering renting points for studio next spring. We stayed in a Copper Creek studio last November, and I was underwhelmed with our view. We were on the first floor, in the corner by the elevator with a view of a giant fake rock. I felt disconnected from the rest of the resort because we never went to the lobby to go anywhere. I should have asked for a different room but we were travelling with family and having to move 2 studios to be near each other would have likely been impossible.

My question is are there enough studios on higher floors to have a chance at a better view, specifically courtyard? I am trying to comb through the thread during work today, but would love any first hand experience!

In my obsessive stalking of the RAT I came across a few days of availability for a studio w/walk-in shower so I have essentially double booked my stay in February for both types of studios and wait-listed the night in each of the studios that I'm missing...Only downside is that now I'm stalking the RAT for two dates instead of one :rolleyes2

Deluxe Studio w/ shower: booked 2/22-2/25, waitlisted 2/21
Deluxe Studio: booked 2/21, 2/23-2/25, waitlisted 2/22

I figure this way I double my odds of a wait list coming through and whichever studio type I manage to get my full stay in first is the one I'll keep and I'll cancel the booked days in the other type. Worst case scenario I stay in the regular deluxe studio my first night (2/21) and then switch to the studio with the walk-in shower for the rest of my stay, which is a much better alternative to switching rooms twice.

Can anyone see any flaws in my logic??

An issue in your logic would be if you don't finalize your plans more than 30 days in advance of the trip. If you still have both reservations within 30 days of the trip, then whichever reservation you cancel would end up as restricted Holding Points. You want to avoid that if possible.

Another potential pitfall is if you hold both reservations past your banking deadline. If you do that, and then cancel the unneeded reservation, you would then have to use those points in that use year and they couldn't be banked for future use.

Those are the only issues I can see with holding onto two reservations in hopes of improving your chances. Personally, I think if you are working the RAT as much as you indicate, you will be able to book that last day for either of your reservations. Good luck!

An issue in your logic would be if you don't finalize your plans more than 30 days in advance of the trip. If you still have both reservations within 30 days of the trip, then whichever reservation you cancel would end up as restricted Holding Points. You want to avoid that if possible.

Another potential pitfall is if you hold both reservations past your banking deadline. If you do that, and then cancel the unneeded reservation, you would then have to use those points in that use year and they couldn't be banked for future use.

Those are the only issues I can see with holding onto two reservations in hopes of improving your chances. Personally, I think if you are working the RAT as much as you indicate, you will be able to book that last day for either of your reservations. Good luck!

I'm definitely being mindful of the 31 day threshold and will make a decision long before then. I've also already banked my points for the current use year. I've got a December UY and my husband and I knew we weren't going to be able to go back to WDW before 2019 so I banked my 2017 points almost immediately after signing my DVC contract. That worked out to my advantage since I then had more than enough points available to be able to essentially double-book a few nights to maximize my waitlist possibilities.

My plan is to utilize the RAT and either get my remaining night in one of the CCV studios (whichever comes up first) or get my full stay at another resort once the 7 month mark hits.

Thanks!!!

My question is are there enough studios on higher floors to have a chance at a better view, specifically courtyard? I am trying to comb through the thread during work today, but would love any first hand experience!

Most of the studios seem to be on the first floor though there are a smattering of dedicated studios and lock-off studio units on the upper floors. About all you can do is request the view you would like and hope for the best. Good luck!

Hey CCV folks. Wow, what a lovely home resort you have! We just checked in to a 1BR, were assigned 6107 and are pleased as punch. I had requested a high floor, not 6 (some enclosed balconies) highest even number. I had visions of a view toward BRV and beyond. We got to the resort about 1030, the desk wasn’t busy so my wife went and said “hi”. They offered us 6107 now or wait for 5th floor. The CM was kind enough to phone and check on the balcony type for the room, assuring us it was not enclosed so we were in, at 1045! I think we have a lovely balcony even though the roofline off the lobby intrudes a bit. Further down and the pool would be a bigger player, and perhaps on the “even” side as well due to the new pool. The room is one of my favorites so far and we have stayed everywhere but BRV - that’s in Dec :). Love the decor, and am very impressed at the amount of storage. My wife and I have the bags and the owners locker unloaded and nothing has to “live” out. Even with more folks I think we could have everything put away. In the kitchen the above counter pantry is large enough to hold all of our owners locker items and many Grocery items as well. We are here 4 nights, but have toyed with longer 7-10 night stays. We could do that here easy. Just love it so far. I’ve always loved the Craftsman, arts and crafts style. Love the “hidden” railroad ties. Definitely a standout so far.

We stayed in a CCV studio in December, on the 5th floor. We had a nice courtyard view.

Our room was a studio that is part of a 2 bedroom. Beside us was a dedicated studio.

If you look at the floorplan at the beginning of the thread there are actually a fair number of studios sprinkled throughout the floors.

IMG-5896a.jpg IMG-5891a.jpg

We are considering renting points for studio next spring. We stayed in a Copper Creek studio last November, and I was underwhelmed with our view. We were on the first floor, in the corner by the elevator with a view of a giant fake rock. I felt disconnected from the rest of the resort because we never went to the lobby to go anywhere. I should have asked for a different room but we were travelling with family and having to move 2 studios to be near each other would have likely been impossible.

Hi , we are here now in a walk in shower studio. It’s a lock off and on the 5th floor room 5111. My only request to member services was a high floor and was happy with what I got. We are facing Copper creek pool.

So excited to be able to say we now own at CCV!!:cloud9: I've stalked resale lists for years, but had not been able to convince DH. I booked a DVC tour on our last trip, if only for the go and FPs. My DH completely shocked me and agreed to purchase! So, as of July 1, we are owners, February UY.

So excited to be able to say we now own at CCV!!:cloud9: I've stalked resale lists for years, but had not been able to convince DH. I booked a DVC tour on our last trip, if only for the go and FPs. My DH completely shocked me and agreed to purchase! So, as of July 1, we are owners, February UY.

:welcome:and Congrats!! Happy to have you as a neighbor!!! Isn’t your first purchase SO exciting?!!! Did you book your first trip?! I’ll be sure to get you on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

So if I wanted to stay at a CCV bungalow with my daughter and son in law, could we pool our points? We both have pts at BR.

Welcome Home Mickey bird.jpg

So if I wanted to stay at a CCV bungalow with my daughter and son in law, could we pool our points? We both have pts at BR.

You can't "pool" your points but you could use your once per year transfer to transfer points from your daughter's contract to yours (or vice versa) so that you could make the reservation all at once.

As an alternative, you could divvy up the nights and you could book, for example, the first four nights and then have your daughter book the next three nights and then ask MS to link the reservations so you don't have to move. This is the method I would probably use since the transfer of points is permanent and since you have to book at the 7 month window you don't want to have the chance that you get shut out of the reservation and then you have transferred points that you can't transfer back. But either method should work, and I don't know how often the cabins are fully booked so I can't give you an idea of the risk factor.

Good luck! :)

:welcome:and Congrats!! Happy to have you as a neighbor!!! Isn’t your first purchase SO exciting?!!! Did you book your first trip?! I’ll be sure to get you on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*
I am working on it now. We want to do a split stay at AKL and have a friend who owns there, so we are coordinating with him so we can get a Savannah view studio for a few nights before going "home".

I lost count of the times my DH said he missed WL during this trip. We stayed at Caribbean Beach but we did visit WL on our way to brunch at Trails End, just before our DVC tour, and to eat at WCC one night. He mentioned he missed the boat rides and just the feel of WL. Made my heart happy to hear him voice that he was happy with our purchase. I'm the huge Disney fan of the family and was glad to hear that he truly enjoyed our previous stay at WL.

You can't "pool" your points but you could use your once per year transfer to transfer points from your daughter's contract to yours (or vice versa) so that you could make the reservation all at once.

As an alternative, you could divvy up the nights and you could book, for example, the first four nights and then have your daughter book the next three nights and then ask MS to link the reservations so you don't have to move. This is the method I would probably use since the transfer of points is permanent and since you have to book at the 7 month window you don't want to have the chance that you get shut out of the reservation and then you have transferred points that you can't transfer back. But either method should work, and I don't know how often the cabins are fully booked so I can't give you an idea of the risk factor.

Good luck! :)

Thanks! Good thinking!

As an alternative, you could divvy up the nights and you could book, for example, the first four nights and then have your daughter book the next three nights and then ask MS to link the reservations so you don't have to move.

As I thought about it, I'm not 100% sure that MS can link reservations from two different owners. Either someone who is more knowledgeable needs to chime in on this, or a call to MS should clear it up. Obviously, the point transfer solution eliminates the need to do this but has a little risk associated with cancellation as mentioned above.

As I thought about it, I'm not 100% sure that MS can link reservations from two different owners. Either someone who is more knowledgeable needs to chime in on this, or a call to MS should clear it up. Obviously, the point transfer solution eliminates the need to do this but has a little risk associated with cancellation as mentioned above.

I agree a call to MS would help. They can note that the reservations are a “continuing stay” so that you don’t have to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter