•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

anyone know how they maintain the private hot tubs in the cabins? At twilight, a purple light came on in the hot tub. I *think* it is just a regular light but it got me thinking maybe it is a UV light to kill any bacteria? It is easy for the crew to maintain the tubs if people only stay a day or two but if they stay a week - when are they coming in to check the tub chemicals?

Do I just upload pics into the body of a post? How much can you typically upload to one post?

You can upload pics directly to a post on the forum, as long as they aren't too high of resolution. I think the maximum size for each pic is 2MB, but you can try them to see if it will take them. Just click on "more options" and then "upload a file" to select the pictures to upload. Then there is a button to insert thumbnail links or the full size images in your post. You can upload 10 per post.

You can upload pics directly to a post on the forum, as long as they aren't too high of resolution. I think the maximum size for each pic is 2MB, but you can try them to see if it will take them. Just click on "more options" and then "upload a file" to select the pictures to upload. Then there is a button to insert thumbnail links or the full size images in your post. You can upload 10 per post.

Or just click on the Upload a File button between the Post Reply and the More Options buttons.:goodvibes

Can you tell me more about where 8021 is? As you are facing the lake, I understand there are cabins on the left and right side. Is it in the grouping of cabins to the right towards Fort Wilderness? Also, would you let us know if you notice noise from the boat horns?

Thank you for sharing info and have a wonderful stay!
It is to the right of the main lodge. While inside, doing regular activities, I cannot hear the horns. I will let you know tomorrow if I hear any late at night or early in the morning.

Cabins 8001 through 8012 are on the North side of the resort, between the otter pond and the waterway to MK. 8001 is the closest to MK, while 8012 is the closest to the transportation boat dock.
Cabins 8013 through 8026 are on the South side, and face out onto the body of Bay lake between the Boulder Ridge Villas building and the lake. 8013 is nearest to Geyser Point and 8026 is the closest to Fort Wilderness.

Yes, we drove 95. We drive every time and it is usually around 9 hours, stopping quickly for food and gas. That 14 hours was by far the longest. Matthew took us 11-12 hours last year because of the flooding on 95 in lower NC. I will try to upload the photos tonight.

We are in the cabin tonight. Love the feel of it and exactly like the type of cabin I would love to have in retirement on a lake. The family thinks it feels smaller than a regular 2 bdrm but I disagree. The dining area is much larger as is the kitchen. Lots of little add ons like little reading lights on the bed, the tv in the bath mirror, etc. rocking chairs on the porch, fireplace (with changing colors), etc.

We are in 8021 - right side by the parking lot for the cabins. I think I will have a good view of the electric pageant and I can't be positive but I think I see space mountain in the far skyline. So I am hoping we will see a little bit of fireworks.

Sounds beautiful!!!! Hope you're enjoying every minute!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures!

From this cabin, you are able to see roughly 50% of the MK fireworks. That was a real treat! You can pump the music into the screened patio too. And the water pageant is easily seen as well. Of course, I got myself all ready to enjoy the hot tub while watching the fireworks, only to find out the heater wasn't working... :-( A call to the front desk (which we all know is not the front desk) and they said "well, it is more of a soaking tub and isn't meant to get to hot tub temps" - um, no... But then the service crew arrived about 20 minutes later to try to fix it. Still working on it now. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon so I can enjoy it b/c we are here only one night. But no worries. I am still very pleased with the place.

It is to the right of the main lodge. While inside, doing regular activities, I cannot hear the horns. I will let you know tomorrow if I hear any late at night or early in the morning.

Cabins 8001 through 8012 are on the North side of the resort, between the otter pond and the waterway to MK. 8001 is the closest to MK, while 8012 is the closest to the transportation boat dock.
Cabins 8013 through 8026 are on the South side, and face out onto the body of Bay lake between the Boulder Ridge Villas building and the lake. 8013 is nearest to Geyser Point and 8026 is the closest to Fort Wilderness.

Thank you both for the info. This is very helpful to get an idea of the layout/location of the cabins!

GC...thanks for this additional information. So basically the cabins increase in room number as they move away from the one closest to the monorail tracks. We appreciate all the data you have shared about CCV. :thumbsup2

GC...thanks for this additional information. So basically the cabins increase in room number as they move away from the one closest to the monorail tracks. We appreciate all the data you have shared about CCV. :thumbsup2
That is correct. There is also a grilling area roughly across from 8006 that has a covered seating area, as well. Further, at that spot, there is a walkway that will take you to the north wing of the Lodge. There is a second grilling area, smaller and with only one uncovered table, somewhere around 8016-18, so on the side closer to FW. The walk back to the main Lodge from the farthest out cabins is quite a haul. If you've ever walked down the paved path to FW, you'd notice off to the left across the parallel service road a gated-arm across an entrance to the dumpster area. The last few cabins closest to FW are past that point. I walked down to 8026 and back a couple of times, and it's pushing 300 yards. Still, the cabins are beautiful, I must say.

I do have a question for you, alison. How did the new landscaping do during Irma? I've read a couple of comments where people were concerned that they might not fare well since the flora hadn't been planted long.

Yes, the North Cabin BBQ area is there, as shown here:

The bridge that they added across the otter pond makes these cabins much more accessible, since it gives you access to a stairway door right behind Roaring Fork.

One morning I walked from cabin 8026 all the way to 8001, and it is a long way. From out near Fort Wilderness to almost to the monorail. The cabins have definitely expanded the footprint of the resort.

Do you think you can see the monorail from that farthest (north) cabin? Also, did boat noise disturb you last night? Thanks!

Funny you should ask. I took this picture in front of 8001, surprised at how close the monorail was. From the water side the view should be less obstructed.

I wouldn't expect boat noise to affect the South cabins, because they are the other side of the rental dock and a good distance from the transportation dock. I would think you would hear the horns from the transportation boats from 8012 and lower ones near there, because they are near the dock where they blow their horns.

Thanks, GC. So hard to know what to request! We have a 2 night stay in a cabin planned and I would like to be on the Northern side, closer to the lodge but also would like a quiet spot. What area would you recommend requesting. (We will be happy just to be there and I know it is just a request.) Thank you!

Thanks, GC. So hard to know what to request! We have a 2 night stay in a cabin planned and I would like to be on the Northern side, closer to the lodge but also would like a quiet spot. What area would you recommend requesting. (We will be happy just to be there and I know it is just a request.) Thank you!
It is a tough call. We don't know what we would request either. I think I would lean toward a south side Cabin to be closer to Geyser Point, the pool and buses, and also to have the sunrise view of Bay Lake. On the North side you'd face more towards the fireworks at MK, but I expect that trees would block some or most of them. I was glad to hear that @alisonslp could see them from the South side.
Like any room request, it is a balance of conflicting goals. 8026 would be the quietest, but the farthest from everything. 8012 would probably be the loudest, but closest to the transportation dock. 8013 is very near Geyser Point, but used for DVC tours. On the North Side I'd probably like one in about the middle, although 8001 might have a less obstructed view towards MK to make it worth the extra walk. On the South side I'd probably prefer as low a number as possible. Overall though we'd be so excited to stay in one that we'd be thrilled wherever we wound up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!