•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Chiming in as a fellow CCV owner! We purchased in May 2017 and our UY is May. Haven't been able to stay there yet due to availability during our travel dates but just had our first ever DVC stay at BCV in October. We LOVED BCV and can't wait to try out CCV. We also have a trip booked in Feb 2018 at BWV.

:welcome:and congrats!! So happy you found us!!! There are some super friendly and helpful people on these boards! We look forward to planning our future trips together!!

We couldn't get a room at CCV after we purchased either, had to make a special trip in July to use our points! Happy you liked BCV! We might split our stay in July with either BCV or BWV (if any availability!!)

I'll get you on Page 1! Enjoy and...

*WELCOME HOME!*

We all faced the same question. For us, being able to extend the booking window at Copper Creek to 11 months out was a big deal. It is where we want to stay, so since we are committing to DVC we wanted to make sure we could use it there.

With that being said, May availability for two bedrooms looks decent. Now we are approaching six months out and there is availability. The dedicated 2 bedrooms have more availability than the lockoffs, likely because of high demand for studios.
View attachment 283785

Our concern is that it will get more difficult to make 7 month reservations with time, so we went with CCV. If you don’t mind staying at SSR or OKW, and can do without the direct purchase perks and discounts, you can save a lot.

Thank you for checking that for me! Copper creek is where we really want to stay everytime, if possible. Maybe I'll just buy 100 CC points now and buy more CC points later on resale or direct.

Hello, I am new to the DIS boards and absolutely love the advice and pictures all of you have been providing. I did have a question about projected 7 month availability of 2 BDRM villas at Copper Creek for 3rd week in October and 3rd week of May. I currently do not own at any DVC property, and while I would love to be a Copper Creek owner some day (the pictures and Youtube videos made me fall in love with the resort), my current situation would make it tough to swallow the $176/point price for CC. I was looking at some resale contracts for SSR or OKW for around $90 to $95/point. I imagine with the opening of Star Wars Galaxy Edge in 2019 that most of the DVC properties will become even more difficult to book at 7 months. I feel like I need to buy as soon as possible before the prices go up higher and higher.

October is one of the most popular DVC times for bookings and gets difficult for any 7 month bookings so it's best to own somewhere you're ok staying at for that time. It's not impossible to change but not something to be counted on.

May is a slower DVC time and one that I've found not bad to book at non-home resorts. There's no historical booking data for CCV yet but I would not expect it to be different than other resorts so I expect it will be possible to book it at 7 months during that time with great frequency.

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere else, but I found this video from TouringPlans showing off that unique CC studio room:

That is a wonderful video of the alternative studio.

I wonder if all of these special studios have the tub with shower set up. I was surprised to see a sliding door on the tub.

That is a wonderful video of the alternative studio.

I wonder if all of these special studios have the tub with shower set up. I was surprised to see a sliding door on the tub.
Yes, it was neat to see one of them in that much detail.

I have not seen any other tub pics, but I believe the 4th floor alternate studio that @Fokus17 stayed in (4115) was handicapped accessible, so it likely had a walk in shower instead of a tub.

I’d sure like to get one of those rooms as part of a two bedroom lockoff... It would feel really big.

Last edited:
Yes, it was neat to see one of them in that much detail.

I have not seen any other tub pics, but I believe the 4th floor alternate studio that @Fokus17 stayed in (4115) was handicapped accessible, so it likely had a tub instead of a shower.

I’d sure like to get one of those rooms as part of a two bedroom lockoff... It would feel really big.

Do the alternative studios connect with other rooms?

What do you think the chances are of snagging an extended weekend for early December of next year at the 11 month mark? I know it’s a popular time but I really, REALLY, really want to see the Christmas decorations and maybe attend MVMCP. We took our first DVC trip last month but stayed at BWV as that’s all we could snag. No complaints there though it was a beautiful resort. Heading to CCV in July but really think I want to plan for next December as well.

What do you think the chances are of snagging an extended weekend for early December of next year at the 11 month mark? I know it’s a popular time but I really, REALLY, really want to see the Christmas decorations and maybe attend MVMCP. We took our first DVC trip last month but stayed at BWV as that’s all we could snag. No complaints there though it was a beautiful resort. Heading to CCV in July but really think I want to plan for next December as well.
I think your chances are excellent. just call or log in as soon you are allowed.

Does anyone have pictures of the 2nd bedroom area in a dedicated two bedroom? We are staying in one this summer and I haven't been able to find any pictures of one. I have seen a floor plan diagram but no pictures. Thanks.

We just sent back our DVC paperwork yesterday, so now we're locked in at CCV (UY in June)! New to DVC and purchasing at WL is a dream since it's our favorite resort. Needing help in two areas:
  1. Not much CCV merchandise is available where I've looked. Any insight into where to get more CCV stuff, especially art?
  2. Wondering about the laundry situation for the deluxe studio, as I overlooked that it doesn't have a W/D. Is that typical for other DVC deluxe studios? Anyone use the laundry facilities there for CCV deluxe studios, and were you pleased?
Thanks! Glad to call CCV home!

We just sent back our DVC paperwork yesterday, so now we're locked in at CCV (UY in June)! New to DVC and purchasing at WL is a dream since it's our favorite resort. Needing help in two areas:
  1. Not much CCV merchandise is available where I've looked. Any insight into where to get more CCV stuff, especially art?
  2. Wondering about the laundry situation for the deluxe studio, as I overlooked that it doesn't have a W/D. Is that typical for other DVC deluxe studios? Anyone use the laundry facilities there for CCV deluxe studios, and were you pleased?

No suggestions for more CCV merchandise but an FYI that no DVC studios at any of the resorts have laundry in the rooms. Only the larger villas, 1BR's, 2BR's etc have laundry in the rooms. In all cases though there are laundry rooms that are free for those staying in the DVC villas. From what I've read the CCV laundry is located on the 4th floor near the elevators.

:welcome: and Congrats!! So excited for you! Happy you found us! You'll find all the information and help you need from the kind people on this board! I'll be sure to get you up on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!!*

Hope you have a great time!!! They are absolutely still giving tours... ask the DVC desk (kind of by the territory lounge). We saw the 2 br lockoff, grand villa and cabin back in July for the grand opening event, but before we actually bought this month we asked to see the 2 br lockoff and cabin again. Hopefully they still have a GV for touring since it was also pretty fantastic :)

Does anyone have pictures of the 2nd bedroom area in a dedicated two bedroom? We are staying in one this summer and I haven't been able to find any pictures of one. I have seen a floor plan diagram but no pictures. Thanks.

@PatMcDuck shared some great dedicated 2 bedroom pictures here and @alisonslp also shared some here

We have an upcoming stay in one in September and are looking forward to the two real beds and large bathroom and closet layout.

I was disappointed in the merch, too. I just saw this on the Disney Parks Blog and was excited to see a few items for Copper Creek:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ber-merchandise-online-for-as-little-as-9-95/

We were laughing at the "Boulder Ridge" womens shirt, with that name splashed across the boob area. Kinda funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter