“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I do about this email? Do I need to cancel or should I phone? I"m worried that if I phone that I will still have issues on my last day. It will be our only chance to ride FOP so I don't want to miss with that.

I agree with @skier_pete , you have to cancel them. Then call Disney IT immediately Internet Help Desk (407) 939-4357. Do not use any other number nor Disney "Chat". IT will be able to restore your FP's.

Looking forward to the Halloween party. We are actually doing THREE during our 2 weeks (Aug 24, 28, 31)

thinking of different strategies for each one:

one just for meet&greets, parade, fireworks, show
one for trick or treating, rides etc
last one having dinner at BOG and relaxing as it's our last night

not doing the dessert party cause we have 3 chances of getting good spots for parade and fireworks

Glad to have you! Got any plans on how you're planning your event? We're here to help!

We have gone to a few. Our plan is to have dinner around 4:55 PM at Plaza and we got Terrace Party tickets. We are waiting for reviews to see if we will keep it or cancel and do another party. Most interested in seeing Space Mountain, Tea Cups, and PotC. Never seen Hocus Pocus so can't wait to see that.

Reminder...

We're about 21 days from the Halloween Party Gift Card Giveaway being held on the Itinerary thread on Friday, August 3 at 4pm EDT. I hope you all attend and have been practicing image posting. Games, Rules and Eligibility have been posted. Lots of money to be won!

For any newbies please go here to find out more:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989843"]Post #9 - Save the Date & Invitation[/URL]
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989844"]Post #10 - Games, Eligibility & Rules of Play[/URL]

Looking forward to the Halloween party. We are actually doing THREE during our 2 weeks (Aug 24, 28, 31)

thinking of different strategies for each one:

one just for meet&greets, parade, fireworks, show
one for trick or treating, rides etc
last one having dinner at BOG and relaxing as it's our last night

not doing the dessert party cause we have 3 chances of getting good spots for parade and fireworks

Glad you found us! Seeing how most information you'll need will be released when you arrive at WDW this thread is really going to help you out. On page one, I have categorized all the MNSSHP offerings just click on any thing you need. This thread will be updated as soon as anything becomes available and easily accessible via your cell or any other media device you bring. I will also include a PDF of all the characters and where to find them. For now, you have access of 2017 which doesn't change all that much. Read, read read those posts. If you have any questions we're here to help!

I haven't checked in I guess...

DD 12 + I are going to the Halloween party 8/24, 8/28, 8/31

Is Big Thunder Mnt going to be running for the party this year?

I don’t think anyone knows for sure yet. It hasn’t been said that it would be closed but it isn’t listed on the rides available at the party.

@Haley R is correct. It does show available on your dates so that's a good thing. Last time it went on the refurbishment list all the early party goers just like you were able to ride it before it shut down. Fingers crossed!

@Haley R is correct. It does show available on your dates so that's a good thing. Last time it went on the refurbishment list all the early party goers just like you were able to ride it before it shut down. Fingers crossed!
I made all my 530pm FP+ on Halloween nights Big Thunder in case it isn't open during the party

I made all my 530pm FP+ on Halloween nights Big Thunder in case it isn't open during the party

I'm not sure how this started either but in all the years I've attended MNSSHP the only attractions at WDW that closes down prior to the party have been Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, and Tom Sawyer Island. I cannot imagine Disney closing down BTMRR during the party. It would make no sense for them to do this.

Also in terms of "Checking-In", @Rich M and @Davkind76 I'm not sure if you're getting the Itinerary Thread confused with the MNSSHP Guest List Thread which can be found here:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mnsshp-guest-list-thread-read-post-2-before-posting.3671224/"]Official 2018 MNSSHP Guest List Thread (READ POST 2 before posting!)[/URL]

Anyone and everyone is welcome to post questions, comments and their itinerary. If you need help we're here to help. And I hope to see you both during the Halloween Party Gift Card Giveaway. :-)

@Davkind76 in order for you to participate in the GC Giveaway you're required to have 300 posts prior to the start time. Right now I'm seeing you only have 61 posts.

upload_2018-7-14_16-57-18.png

So I got "the email" yesterday. I canceled by party day tickets and then later phoned in and they restored them. I was assured it was fixed and their was a note in my record.

Checked MDE today and my last day of passes were gone. The CM looked into and then put me on hold for a LONG time and said it was fixed. Does seem fine in the app but online the last day of FPs looks weird. I'll check it again tomorrow.
So very frustrating!

Glad you found us! Seeing how most information you'll need will be released when you arrive at WDW this thread is really going to help you out. On page one, I have categorized all the MNSSHP offerings just click on any thing you need. This thread will be updated as soon as anything becomes available and easily accessible via your cell or any other media device you bring. I will also include a PDF of all the characters and where to find them. For now, you have access of 2017 which doesn't change all that much. Read, read read those posts. If you have any questions we're here to help!

May I ask for your expert advice on a planning question? We're attending MNSSHP for the first time this September 25 (with children ages 8 & 10). I can't decide between the dessert party v. dinner reservations. This is a last minute trip for us so ADR's are scarce, but MNSSHP will get us into BOG or CRT which would be nice. Conversely, we loved the Wishes dessert party during a past trip as a nice spot for watching the fireworks (the adults are not fond of crowds, which seems silly when talking about Disney, but there it is!) The extra sweets for the dessert party seem more than unnecessary, but the kids will hardly be disappointed. :) We're mostly doing the party for dress up, some trick or treating, and lots and LOTS of rides. For you generous veterans: any thoughts on dinner v. dessert party? Many thanks for any thoughts/opinions/advice you might have!

May I ask for your expert advice on a planning question? We're attending MNSSHP for the first time this September 25 (with children ages 8 & 10). I can't decide between the dessert party v. dinner reservations. This is a last minute trip for us so ADR's are scarce, but MNSSHP will get us into BOG or CRT which would be nice. Conversely, we loved the Wishes dessert party during a past trip as a nice spot for watching the fireworks (the adults are not fond of crowds, which seems silly when talking about Disney, but there it is!) The extra sweets for the dessert party seem more than unnecessary, but the kids will hardly be disappointed. :) We're mostly doing the party for dress up, some trick or treating, and lots and LOTS of rides. For you generous veterans: any thoughts on dinner v. dessert party? Many thanks for any thoughts/opinions/advice you might have!
For me I would never spend all that money on the party and spend it in a restaurant, I would do quick service and spend the time on rides, special characters, special parade, etc.

In all honesty with this being your first MNSSHP I'd recommend eating before you arrive at Magic Kingdom and arrive at the entrance between 3:15/3:30. Just pick up quick serve if you get hungry. Disney has set up mobile ordering which is a game changer as it allows you more time to actually enjoy the Halloween offerings without feeling rushed or waiting in long lines for food.

This will be my first time reserving the dessert party. I really recommend it for guests who are looking to enhance their experience after many years of attending this event as well as those who may need it due to disabilities or any other physical issues.

Touring Plans has your date ranked #4 for rides so you should be able to breeze in & out of those.
https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/05/30/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2018/

Our buddy and fellow DISer Kenny the Pirate has overall crowd capacity at Moderate which means you should not have a hard time finding spots for the parade nor the fireworks.
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/23/2018

With just 2 adult tickets and 1 child (age 8) = $232
MK 4pm to 12:30am = 8.5hrs. of party time
You're paying $27.29 per hour and this doesn't include tax. :eek:

Last edited:
So I got "the email" yesterday. I canceled by party day tickets and then later phoned in and they restored them. I was assured it was fixed and their was a note in my record.

Checked MDE today and my last day of passes were gone. The CM looked into and then put me on hold for a LONG time and said it was fixed. Does seem fine in the app but online the last day of FPs looks weird. I'll check it again tomorrow.
So very frustrating!

Even more frustrating is you'll have to keep an eye on them and your emails while on vacation too. So sorry this is happening to you. It really stinks and I'm being kind.

In all honesty with this being your first MNSSHP I'd recommend eating before you arrive at Magic Kingdom and arrive at the entrance between 3:15/3:30. Just pick up quick serve if you get hungry. Disney has set up mobile ordering which is a game changer as it allows you more time to actually enjoy the Halloween offerings without feeling rushed or waiting in long lines for food.

This will be my first time reserving the dessert party. I really recommend it for guests who are looking to enhance their experience after many years of attending this event as well as those who may need it due to disabilities or any other physical issues.

Touring Plans has your date ranked #4 for rides so you should be able to breeze in & out of those.
https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/05/30/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2018/

Our buddy and fellow DISer Kenny the Pirate has overall crowd capacity at Moderate which means you should not have a hard time finding spots for the parade nor the fireworks.
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/23/2018

With just 2 adult tickets and 1 child (age 8) = $232
MK 4pm to 12:30am = 8.5hrs. of party time
You're paying $27.29 per hour and this doesn't include tax. :eek:

You’re so kind! Thanks very much for your helpful advice! And my husband will be thrilled that at least someone can talk me out of unnecessary expenses... :)

Even more frustrating is you'll have to keep an eye on them and your emails while on vacation too. So sorry this is happening to you. It really stinks and I'm being kind.

Thank you.

Okay now on both the MDE app and online it shows my last day FOP FP but then just says "Multiple Experiences" rather than listing my other 2 FPs. Do I need to call a 3rd time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!