£1=$1.8535 Any good?

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Hey

Just checked onlinefx.co.uk for cash and TC - is this a good rate? I am sure I heard it was at 1/1.90 recently - should I go for it or wait a few days and see?

Thanks

Nick

I popped into the Post office yesterday, just to pick up a few $'s to tide us over till we get to our Villa, and they were offering 1.81 !!!.

jules

Hi,
I prefer my Nationwide credit card which is about $1.90 at todays rate. Ok I know that may change but it would need to be a big drop to make it the same as the current traveller cheque rate.

Mick.

:smooth:

At the travel agents (Thompsom I think) they are doing buy $1000 for £530, dont know what rate that is tho! And too tired to work it out!

Thats 1.86 per £ so thats pretty good at the mo

Mickg7dyd

I have a Nationwide card - how do I go about getting money from them - just phone or over the web?

Thanks

maleficent_man said:
Mickg7dyd

I have a Nationwide card - how do I go about getting money from them - just phone or over the web?

Thanks

I think Mick means he'll take his chances and use his card on holiday rather than buying cash/travellers cheques now. I'm thinking of doing the same, although I find its easier to budget when I take cheques and only put a certain amount in my wallet each day. Then the souvenirs/treats go on the card.

Okay cool - I think I'll do a bit of a mix - take some cash, some TC's and then use the card for all those unnecessary must have items!!

We were in New York around 10 days ago, getting 1.91 - 1.92 with our Nationwide cards :)
Use the credit card for purchases.
Use debit to get cash from the ATM, still got the same rate.
Nationwide really rock for foreign exchange :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter