££ to $$ - Money Matters!

wils

<font color=ff6633>Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on h
Before I do the legwork myself (lazy old me!) I was wondering if anyone has sorted out their dollars/travellers cheques recently.

Any recomendations of a good rate/service would be really welcomed!

Thank You

Jo

:idea:

Jo,

I go with whoever gives the best rate on that day. For this trip I used M&S and also good are the Post Office and also Travelex

I have personally never found the rates at high street banks and travel agents to be very good but I expect someone on here will have done!

Cheers

Karen :)

Me again Jo,

At the moment the Post Office is the least good at $1.7571 / £1
M&S are $1.779 / £1
Travelex are the best at $1.781 / £1.

(I've only looked at the three I suggested, there may be better deals out there!)

Cheers

Karen

Thanks Karen that's great!

I'm having a search now that I have a starting point - I'll let you know where I end up!

You are a Star

Jo

Jo,

I have just used onlinefx,great service,next day delivery and there rate at the mo is 1.7880, the best I could find.

Sean. :crazy:

Around on the high st. the best we came up with was Thomas Cook. The post office rate was the worst out of the lot. Travelex seems the best online.

I always go into M&S for my currency - no commission, good rate & will buy back (not that that's an issue as we're usually broke or save what we have left ready for the next visit LOL!)

Got the last of mine today - $1:78.6 from Travelex :Pinkbounc

WIll be picking them up at the airport :hyper:

Thomas Cook are doing a deal at the moment that if you buy $2000 they will give you a rate of 1.79 as opposed to 1.75 so for 1,117 pounds you get $2000.

Anz :earsgirl:

Thanks so much everyone.

I used Travelex in the end ( $1.781 / £1.) Liked the idea of collecting them at Gatwick and not having to wait in for delivery!

I really appreciate all the help

Cheers

Jo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter